AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-07, 21:07   Link #201
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
You just had to ruin the fun, don't you?
Old 2009-12-07, 21:20   Link #202
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno
Not just pretty nice. Her new body is incredible that some of us wants her to bear Rikuo's child.
Not just some, I ensure you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i
Doubt it, I dont think that her "child" is a child. I think its just the body she is going too poop out and bring out her real power or something.
Doubt it. It seems she wants to bear a child, because that is relevant to a so called "dream" of her. It should be something romantic, humane, and surprising. If all she's after is power, that would make her a very shallow villian.

And she kind of reached the top in the Youkai AND human world 400 years ago already. Why would she want to bear a child for?
Old 2009-12-07, 21:58   Link #203
Key Board
Carbon

To give birth to a king of all youkai that will eventually unify all Japan and march against the foreign vampires
Old 2009-12-07, 22:02   Link #204
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

she wants to give birth to a god. maybe.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-12-08, 02:19   Link #205
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Isn't the reason she's so popular precisely because she appeared recently? We haven't seen much of Yuki Onna for a while, yet, she's still ranked third, behind the protagonist and the grandpa who pretty much looks exactly the same as Nura.

The same can't be said about our Omnyouji friends.
Old 2009-12-08, 03:53   Link #206
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Not just pretty nice. Her new body is incredible that some of us wants her to bear Rikuo's child.
I dont know about everyone else, but I still cant shake off the fact that shes the same crazy ass psycho from 400 years ago...so, it doesnt matter what kind of hawt body she stolen.

I think its better to assume that she stole some baby seeds from Rikuo's father before killing him. That would definitely make one hell of a godly/yokai baby. Well, it would also kind of explain why she didn't kill Rukio when she saw him as a child.
Old 2009-12-08, 11:21   Link #207
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
I think its better to assume that she stole some baby seeds from Rikuo's father before killing him. That would definitely make one hell of a godly/yokai baby. Well, it would also kind of explain why she didn't kill Rukio when she saw him as a child.
Well if she's in a human body (and I think the story implies that this isn't a disguise but she actually takes over a human) then I guess she has to follow human physiological behavior, ie, it takes nine months to make a baby and you don't get pregnant six years earlier before the body even hits puberty.
Old 2009-12-09, 01:41   Link #208
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well if she's in a human body (and I think the story implies that this isn't a disguise but she actually takes over a human) then I guess she has to follow human physiological behavior, ie, it takes nine months to make a baby and you don't get pregnant six years earlier before the body even hits puberty.
you got a point... but it wouldn't go past me that she would consider taking some samples and freezing them for future uses. Besides, when she takes over the human body, it probably changed the body in some form or another(notice the nine tails?)
Old 2009-12-09, 21:16   Link #209
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And volume 8 debuted at #8 this week with 109,637 sales. Guessing the anime announcement gave it a boost, very nice.
Old 2009-12-10, 01:46   Link #210
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
And volume 8 debuted at #8 this week with 109,637 sales. Guessing the anime announcement gave it a boost, very nice.
It's still down from Vol 6's opening week of 120,000 though... but...

Vol 6 = 120,000 over 6 days (Toriko did 130,000)
Vol 7 = 80,000 over 3 days (Toriko did 90,000)
Vol 8 = 109,000 over 3 days (Toriko did 102,000)

That explains that.. and it finally outsells Toriko for the first time... the 2008 WSJ series in Bakuman, Mago and Toriko are going to get pushed pretty big next year with anime adaptions. I think Mago will eventually be around D.Gray Man when it comes to manga sales.. that just sold 244,049 copies in the same week.
Old 2009-12-10, 12:23   Link #211
celestialguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
you got a point... but it wouldn't go past me that she would consider taking some samples and freezing them for future uses. Besides, when she takes over the human body, it probably changed the body in some form or another(notice the nine tails?)
Wasn't she already pregnant when she was fighting Grandpa 400 years ago? If that is true, the child can't be Rukio's father or his grandpa.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:53   Link #212
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy
Wasn't she already pregnant when she was fighting Grandpa 400 years ago? If that is true, the child can't be Rukio's father or his grandpa.
The child from 400 years ago is probably of the feudal lord and her, and was killed 400 years ago. Now she's reincarnated, she needs to be impregnated, again.

In fact, we don't even know for sure if she's pregnant right now. All we saw was Kitsune putting her hand on her the stomach.
Old 2009-12-11, 16:37   Link #213
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
In fact, we don't even know for sure if she's pregnant right now. All we saw was Kitsune putting her hand on her the stomach.
Personally I always thought she meant child as in future child not one in the belly right now.
Old 2009-12-11, 21:11   Link #214
celestialguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
The child from 400 years ago is probably of the feudal lord and her, and was killed 400 years ago. Now she's reincarnated, she needs to be impregnated, again.

I always thought she was already pregnant 400 years ago and the current her is also carrying a baby (the first one).
Old 2009-12-11, 22:26   Link #215
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialguy
I always thought she was already pregnant 400 years ago and the current her is also carrying a baby (the first one).
Her stomach was stabbed, the body was destroyed, her child should not have been able to survive that, except that it knows how to transform into spirit form like her mother (Kitsune) before it was even born, or Kitsune somehow extracted its spirit when she was about to leave the body, and carried it with her for the next 400 years. Then she reincarnated, took over a new host, then put the child's spirit into the new host, and the child's spirit made the host body undergo some transformation, making Kitsune pregnant without sex, and creating a new body for her child's spirit to possess.

Very unlikely to me
Old 2009-12-14, 23:37   Link #216
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

87 is scanlated!
Spoiler for Chapter 87 of course:
Old 2009-12-15, 00:37   Link #217
Iggy_Pop

The art of the last page is amazing, Kyoto look really scary. I can't wait for the all out war
Old 2009-12-15, 02:58   Link #218
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
The art of the last page is amazing, Kyoto look really scary. I can't wait for the all out war
Meh, the humans think they have a chance against these monsters. WHAT were we thinking?
Old 2009-12-15, 03:01   Link #219
Iron Maw
Banned

I wonder if this means the existence of Youkai has been exposed...
Old 2009-12-15, 09:35   Link #220
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Didn't seem like it was too hidden to start with, not everyone believes in them but most people at least know the stories. That was always one thing that amused me about Japan, so many people believe or semi-believe in spirits compared to the rest of the world where you are expected to outgrow that. I can only imagine (in story anyway) that that belief must've helped the spirits in the long run.

EDIT: And I found this translation of the Omake in the first volume: disguise time!

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2009-12-16 at 21:32.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen