AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-08-21, 07:49   Link #1021
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
His comedy's okay, he, well, I guess I just don't have to mention the action sequences...

...as for my plan to act like the characters to get a feel of them, well, the looks I was getting, well, yeah...
On the other hand, I find writing comedy very difficult as I am a very pessimistic individual, so if you want me to write a long story, expect a lot of deaths and angst.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 14:49   Link #1022
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
DAMN THIS WRITERS BLOCK~~!!!

Comedy is SO hard to write. I now understand why the author gets sick so often. IT IS PHYSICALLY DRAINING to write comedy that works...
I know that feeling bro.

On the counterpart, drama is more easy to describe than comedy, but it depends of the person... maybe yo could watch some comedy routines on tv and try to adapt it, or try some red vs blue style jokes. Even the more subtle joke can make some people laugh.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-21, 19:11   Link #1023
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
If you're refering to my fanfic and OC, then what do you mean by "Sue material"? Just asking.
I'm sorry, that was directed at gunblade's post a few levels up... I got triple-ninja'd. :s
Old 2011-08-22, 03:07   Link #1024
DarkJak2050

Quote:
I'm sorry, that was directed at gunblade's post a few levels up... I got triple-ninja'd. :s
Okay. And I don't know if you saw it, but I made an update on my fanfic's Plot and First OC.

What do you think? And by the way, can you send me the link to your fanfic? The one where a group of guys blew up an avionics lab.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-08-22 at 03:21.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 06:00   Link #1025
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I know that feeling bro.

On the counterpart, drama is more easy to describe than comedy, but it depends of the person... maybe yo could watch some comedy routines on tv and try to adapt it, or try some red vs blue style jokes. Even the more subtle joke can make some people laugh.
I find comedy somewhat easy since I only need to look at my life.
Old 2011-08-23, 12:34   Link #1026
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
in the meantime, as the lolness continues...

somewhere, someone has intercepted a message

===============

BEGIN_INTERCEPT
DECODING...
DISPLAY_INTERCEPT

Spoiler for Observer’s Log, Temple date 22.5.120:

END_INTERCEPT

Try and decode this Kha :3
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 22:51   Link #1027
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

AAAAAAAAAAANNND For some reason, because I was writing that particular chapter in the morning...and went straight to chapter 8 late night, the result is somewhat a mood-swing.

Well... just read the middle segment in this chapter after the second flashback...

Spoiler for Strange Appearance:

I hope certain Australian writer don't whack me with Cricket Bat because, well...this wouldn't be the only time it's happens.
Old 2011-08-29, 01:15   Link #1028
DarkJak2050

Here are my other OCs I've been working on. And before you guys say anything about them being IS Pilots, be sure to take a look at the plot for my fanfic back on page 51, or you can click here.

Spoiler for Original Character 2:

Spoiler for Original Character 3:

And here's my last OC in terms of "Mains".

Spoiler for Original Character 4:

Sorry about these multiple post of my OCs, I thought I should give you guys updates on them once every now and then. Oh yeah, more about these guys will be explained as my fanfic goes along.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-08-29 at 01:56.
Old 2011-08-29, 10:30   Link #1029
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

QUick Question

There's about 21 countries in the world who own IS, besides the usual that is:
> USA
> Russia
> German
> Japan
> UK
> China
> Italy
> France
Can you mention who else? For example, Canada?

Also, the chances of open competition regarding Personal IS pilot selection, including foreigners, how about it?
Old 2011-09-01, 07:14   Link #1030
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

after having nearly died from exams, drowning in the river and a car accident, here I am (safe and whole).

TIME TO RESUME MY WORK!

First of all... I had posted this a long time ago:

Now a little teaser...

OD-EXIS-01 "Belial"

After going through multiple redesigns, various phases of OPness and none OPness... I finally finalized that damn main OC's unit.

And yes, I came up with that IS.
Old 2011-09-01, 07:23   Link #1031
HasuMasu
*Artist

A full-body IS?

Oh my.

And don't worry, I've been in a car accident too, and almost drowned twice, it's actually not so bad...

...well, maybe if I didn't lose a chunk of my arm and paint the water red.

Still, I have my exams coming up soon, and that's definitely scary-er.
Old 2011-09-01, 08:25   Link #1032
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post

Now a little teaser...

OD-EXIS-01 "Belial"

Those things on the arms look like the Moonlight laser blades from AC4/ACFA.

.... wait, looking again, most of the machine's parts bear resemblance to AC parts...

Old 2011-09-01, 08:50   Link #1033
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Those things on the arms look like the Moonlight laser blades from AC4/ACFA.

.... wait, looking again, most of the machine's parts bear resemblance to AC parts...

*corrects*

It's da photoshopping, some modifications here and there, but yes, there is some AC influence in there.
Old 2011-09-02, 02:09   Link #1034
DarkJak2050

Quote:
after having nearly died from exams, drowning in the river and a car accident, here I am (safe and whole).

TIME TO RESUME MY WORK!

Now a little teaser...

OD-EXIS-01 "Belial"

After going through multiple redesigns, various phases of OPness and none OPness... I finally finalized that damn main OC's unit.

Nice one, I read the prologue and find it interesting. Do continue on your fanfic, I'd like to see how things will go.
Old 2011-09-02, 04:07   Link #1035
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:

TIME TO RESUME MY WORK!

Now a little teaser...

OD-EXIS-01 "Belial"

Armored Stratos?

I`m impressed. I need something(a software; program) to make drawings right now, if you know one please pm me

Last edited by Silver-Throne; 2011-09-03 at 01:27.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 09:33   Link #1036
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Armored Stratos?
I know you didn't mean it, but that phrase has a meaning in my fanonverse.

Armored Stratos refers to large Expander (forgot the actual canon term) units mounted on to MPIS used by the lunar Metroids, very often changing them from humanoid to a-humanoid forms. They are not unlike the Dendrobium Orchiris or the METEOR system from Gundamverse (in fact, given the rampant Gundam shoutouts, were inspired by them.) However, these units tend to be ridiculously expensive to deploy, have structural flaws that place incredible strain on integrity fields and demand capable pilots to operate.

No surprise then that they never caught on in the global market. Armored Stratos built by the Metroids are often assigned to "White Horses", a derogatory term for children of head politicians and military officers who enjoy hidden privileges due to their birth. However, the 3G AS have found their way into a select group of pilots who's bonding and sharing with IS cores resulted in a synergistic birth of abilities outside current explanation.

They are called ISpers, and perhaps with the Armored Stratos represent the next stage of human evolution which will lead Humanity into the infinite reach of space...

*Daybreak's Bell*
Old 2011-09-02, 10:03   Link #1037
HasuMasu
*Artist

Universal Stratos is kicking in eh?
Old 2011-09-02, 14:50   Link #1038
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green

*cloaks*
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 15:05   Link #1039
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green, don't let them cross from yellow to green

*cloaks*
Okay?...

Alright, I'm having a bit of an issue here. It's how I should write my fanfic, should I write in in 1st person view or 3rd person?

If write it in 1st person view, I'm thinking of doing it through Eric's perspective and switching to Eddie, Brian and Clayton once every now and then.

I'd appreciate the help guys.
Old 2011-09-02, 19:17   Link #1040
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay?...

Alright, I'm having a bit of an issue here. It's how I should write my fanfic, should I write in in 1st person view or 3rd person?

If write it in 1st person view, I'm thinking of doing it through Eric's perspective and switching to Eddie, Brian and Clayton once every now and then.

I'd appreciate the help guys.
- What do you want to do? I mean, first person perspective works if you want to show:
- internal thoughts of a particular character
- A limited view of the story through a character's eyes (doesn't know what's really going on--can be horrifying or funny if you know the actual story going on)
- An unreliable narrator (biased - EG someone from Texas making fun of everyone not from Texas)
- More personal impact

Third-person:
- Allows you to tell more story views and the like, but is not as personal.
- Easier to portray different situations going on
- Characterization of different characters is either a strength or a weakness. You have to be able to understand and know your characters from a third-person view, and most authors end up makign one- or two-dimensional characters because they can't portray them well
- Problem: Some people may spend too much time describing the situation that they miss the story entirely (Tom Clancy is especially guilty of this in his novels)
- Problem: Unlike first-person, it's more obvious when the author is being biased--you can accept one person being biased, but not many different people (Again, Tom Clancy)

My own personal bias is that I don't like having to shift between viewpoints unless it's done smoothly. Oftentimes it won't be a smooth transition.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest