AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-19, 02:20   Link #1001
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Actually she doesn't know as she focused on the Mark I than Ao himself. She may asking about his conviction but she is going about it the wrong way.

Again Fleur and Elena are not getting close to Ao because it is very likely they lost one of their own and they are not ready to bond with a newbie.

Even if said newbie was a natural IFO pilot. Though a bit of a maverick. Heroes tend to end up dead.
That they're not close to Ao doesn't change the meaning of Fleur's question. She knows why Ao is there. She was standing right there. She even reacts to it.

Look at how she acts after Ao finally makes a decision on his own. She treats him as one of the team, if not quite a friend. That was the point; to get him moving.

Quote:
Vorlons and Shadows treated that as a game of who is right. Don't ask a Sci-fi nerd about it.
I'm well aware the Vorlons and Shadows had terrible motive decay. The point wasn't their motivation, it was the essence of the question. In both cases there's more to it than the obvious. They don't ask their questions for a name and something petty like a candy bar, respectively. It's meant to be introspective for the person being asked.

Quote:
Fleur doesn't know why Ao is important. Or why he should even be in her team. Or if she could trust him with her life.

Ao has his own reasons but Fleur can't comprehend that.

Why is Ao doing these crazy stunts rather than stay safe. He's the hero duh.... And she doesn't like that one bit.

If he doesn't do it he'll regret it later as somebody else would cry. The reason why he piloted Nirvash in the first place.
Whether or not she knows is irrelevant, though. That question wasn't for her benefit, it was for his. Everyone has something that drives them. Ao simply needed to be reminded of it.
Old 2012-05-19, 12:58   Link #1002
Arya

About Fleur's matter, I didn't find her behavior so strange. They are not playing with PSP, that's a real war scenario and people die. So she wants Ao would not underestimate the situation thanks to that apparent childish/friendly context Gen Blue is in. And looking how Ao's fights have been easy going so far, that's another mark taht could lead him to underestimate situations.
Ao has to prove his determination, so she asked that question. It is not a matter of friendship nor politeness, but trust. If she trusts him then politeness and friendship will come. Or so I think it's her reasoning there. Obviously the fact we are talking about teenagers can fool our perception of the matter. BTW, Elena didn't even give him a chance so far.

That how it could be, I don't know if they are pursuing that or her/their behavior is driven only by some previous comrade loss, as already mentioned, and very plausible.

Anyways, all in all I tend to agree with Reckoner's feeling about AO progression.
I mean I really enjoyed the first three episodes, with Ao, Naru and the gramps, but now the whole Gen Blue setting looks a bit plain. I don't know what it is yet. I have no problem with the all-girls crew, neither with Elena in particular. Neither with the Bruno's team, even if his death didn't affect me at all and I still don't understand why he did that. Not that it is relevant by now, but the way they showed us looked underwhelming.
Let's say that they don't shine in originality.
If I have to say anyways I'm glad that this time they put their efforts on the main characters instead of the supporting cast. So I can live with Gen Blue.
Surely I still can't take the fights seriously. I mean, each time Ao doesn't look to strive to accomplish his task. Even this episode, he mounted on his IFO and killed the monster of the day as it was a piece of cake.
Let's see how things will go now with the shapeshifter. Even if from what I got he doesn't look a direct threat for Ao yet.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the show so far.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 02:04   Link #1003
ReddyRedWolf

Okay I finally understood the sequence of events.

1. Sometime before in Myanmar Truth wipes out a drug operation of insurgents. Killing also government agents.

2. In Lima Peru Truth swindles the president leading to the collapse of the Peruvian economy. Probably Trapar is what is being sold off. Killing witnesses again. Truth takes the Eisenhower. IFO.

3. Truth spots the Scub burst and proceeds there.

4. It was Truth's Eisenhower that Team Goldilocks spot in the hurricane.

5. Truth attacks the Secret and is spotted by Ao.

6. Being vaguely aware of Nirvash after he crashes Truth spots Nirvash which he saw 10 years before.

Though I suspect Truth is a human form Secret. (The Truth is a Secret) He places neither allegiance to the Scub Coral or the Secret/G-Monsters.

Therefore he is a wild card. Who he works for? I don't know. Though the Peruvian president thought at first he worked for the Allied Forces... Then he became uncertain who he is really.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 01:34   Link #1004
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Noblesse Oblige

Watching the sixth episode I do have to apologize at getting myself getting carried my way by speculating based on just one viewing.

I do find fascinating E7:AO because the plot is intricate, and the director & writers are building the story that is unique, and at the same time will be connecting with the one from the first series sooner or later; that or maybe is not that the stories between the original and sequel would be connecting, but the universes.

It's been about six years since I finished the original series, and I forgot very detailed stuff that happened around that time, which prompts me to seriously consider purchasing the whole first E7 TV series to rewatch it.

This puts me on the whole perspective that I do really need to rewatch as many times necessary the episodes for this sequel to catch on details that I might have missed or overlook the previous time.

Now, the thing is that I'm going to make clear is that I dislike "Truth"; don't ask for reasons as to why I disdain "it", because my despise for his character is instinctive.
Though, I do understand "Truth" is going to play some kind of role involving Ao.
Possibilities are countless, but he may let it slip about anything that would either have to do with Eureka, or the Nirvash, or the Scub Coral, or the Secrets.

Just like many of you guys out there, I initially thought that Truth is a sort of human-shaped G-monster ("Secret") without a leash, meaning he runs wild and rampages as he pleases; another reason why I despise him.

For the time being, I'm going to stick with that speculation about Truth until the next episode or a later one proves me wrong about him.

The thing is that with him around Generation-Bleu's vicinity the nightmarish body count will again skyrocket, because he's obsessing and chasing after Ao.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 11:40   Link #1005
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I have to say I think the lack of connection between this and the original series is starting to catch up to me a little by episode 06. I honestly have very little idea what is going on in this show anymore. Not really sure what this show needs to kick start it again, but getting the supporting cast a little more development might not hurt.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-23, 15:17   Link #1006
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I have to say I think the lack of connection between this and the original series is starting to catch up to me a little by episode 06. I honestly have very little idea what is going on in this show anymore. Not really sure what this show needs to kick start it again, but getting the supporting cast a little more development might not hurt.
The consensus is that this is the other universe Gonzy mentioned that half of the Scub coral are leaving for to try to coexist with humanity. In fact they brought junk from the original universe like that city tower Generation Bleu is using.

This time no trying to assimilate humans. But then there is the mystery of the G-Monsters/Secret. They seem out to destroy the Scub.

Spoiler for Nirvash, Gonzy, Scub Coral exodus.:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-24, 15:11   Link #1007
konart

EP7:

Truth - stealing girls from you since the beginning of time

Old 2012-05-24, 15:26   Link #1008
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That episode was just all over the place -- literally.
Old 2012-05-24, 16:39   Link #1009
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That episode was just all over the place -- literally.
Whatever Truth just did, it's working..but not for long...I have to sit through this cliche s**t again, but oh well.

I have to be patient so answers come soon, especially the abilities of Ao. If he's truly Eureka's son, he should display more abilities than just pilioting the Nirvash. That's what I thought. That and more...Well back to Pokemon for me...
Old 2012-05-25, 01:44   Link #1010
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

If this turns out to be the matrix, I'm going to /facepalm.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 02:11   Link #1011
konart

Also - death flag for monsieur Blanc?
Old 2012-05-25, 02:14   Link #1012
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Take a good look at Tanaka's blurry image at the end.
Spoiler:

This just keeps getting weirder.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:27   Link #1013
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Take a good look at Tanaka's blurry image at the end.
Spoiler:

This just keeps getting weirder.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-05-25 at 02:52.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 02:38   Link #1014
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoiler:
Yes, it was, which just makes it that much weirder.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:56   Link #1015
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yes, it was, which just makes it that much weirder.
"This world is erroneous".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 03:40   Link #1016
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sigh, all these Revived Mecha Series and their NTR undertones...>.>

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-05-25 at 04:02.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:00   Link #1017
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Naru will end up with Ao at the end, bet the farm on it. The universe of two is a central theme of E7.

Interesting, Elena having an idol alter ego. The surprising part is that Ivica didn't seem to know about Mirror.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:22   Link #1018
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Too lazy to post better impressions on this week's episode. I enjoyed it, and I love the direction things are moving towards, but I'll give these story developments another 2 weeks or so before debating more on them. I love how this episode plays really neatly into my pet theory about where the series might be going:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Naru will end up with Ao at the end, bet the farm on it. The universe of two is a central theme of E7.

Interesting, Elena having an idol alter ego. The surprising part is that Ivica didn't seem to know about Mirror.

You know, considering how Generation Bleu is paying for and hosting the entire Miller and the Mirrors gig, you would think they should know more! Lol.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 04:27   Link #1019
MasterVampire

After this episode I got no idea how this is connected to the original.

Everything just seems so warped and different.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 05:26   Link #1020
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, I didn't see that NTR coming. It usually doesn't affect me, but I really loved Ao x Naru, so it did irritate me quite a bit. Damnit, Naru

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen