AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 250 69.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 17.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 6.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 3.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.28%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.84%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-29, 21:12   Link #201
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Yes, yes, we know.
There are five hundred thousand fanatic girls all taking a turn pissing at Kaguya in the Japanese boards too.
Of course, they flame pretty much every female characters that gets in the way of their yaoi fantasies, so it doesn't say much.

They also flame Orihime like she killed their mothers or something, and constantly flame ANYONE who even dares mention her name, and tell them to go to hell. I think they are the biggest nutcases in the fandom.
Eh, except I actually like C.C. and Kallen both of which are possible love interests for Lelouch. I wouldn't mind either one ending up with him. Though to be honest I think he has more important things to worry about then romance.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:13   Link #202
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yes, I am a girl. I just can't stand this type of character. Something about her is a huge turn-off for me. However, for me to like a character they don't have to be kick ass warriors. I was starting to become fond of Euphie and she's not exactly a tough warrior (well...excluding the latest two episodes where she became the Euphinator). She's rather impulsive and naive. But she was also very sweet and kind. I also actually liked Lacus from Gundam Seed.

But something about Kaguya just irks me. I felt the same way about Shirley too (though after the Shirley-Mao arc I came to pity her more then dislike her). Or say Orihime from Bleach. That's another one I'm not too fond of.

I prefer C.C., Cornelia, Rakshata, Kallen....I find them more interesting.
I bet if Kaguya gone terminator instead of Euphie you'll like her more
Old 2007-03-29, 21:14   Link #203
issei

among other things, the pacing of this episode was excellent. i thought that the juxtaposition of euphemia on her deathbed with images of zero being welcomed and adored by the japanese people, in particular, was very well-done. in terms of events happening, the episode was dense, but not overly so, and certain moments of intensity had a great impact, such as this scene between c.c. and lelouch:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-29, 21:19   Link #204
Juvyniled

Face it, all of the girls associated with Zero end up as his sidekick with the exception of C.C. She is probably the single most interesting person of that group. Kallen is simply the hot chick who obeys his every whim (like other people have said, it's somewhat chauvinistic). And Kaguya is a calm and cute little lady that packs a punch.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 21:24   Link #205
zalem

Kallen....must admit I haven't been as impressed with her lately. I preferred her in the beginning. Now she seems like just a Zero-groupie. Shame actually. But I do think things will get interesting when she actually finds out who Zero is. I'm very curious how she will react. I still like her but I wish she'd not blindly follow Zero.

C.C. is awesome. Though I don't see Rakshata becoming a Zero groupie either. She seems to have her own agenda.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:24   Link #206
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
No. Suzaku is not the kind of guy who could camly talk to his enemy.
Umm... Just about every time Suzaku's had a conversation with an enemy (the first few times with Zero, with Toudou, etc.), he's been calm. This time's no different.

Actually, this conversation pretty much gives the same "I'm going to kill you, but good luck" kind of feel as the Toudou one.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:28   Link #207
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Umm... Just about every time Suzaku's had a conversation with an enemy (the first few times with Zero, with Toudou, etc.), he's been calm. This time's no different.
It's either a very straight forward design where Suzaku has revealed to Lelouch that he knows what went on, or it sets the audience up to believe that Suzaku knows when he actually doesn't. It'd be so easy to make Suzaku go ballistic and yell and scream at Lelouch, at which point we know for sure that Suzaku knows and there will be no hope for them to cooperate.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:34   Link #208
0rphen21
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Suzaku doesn't have anything to live for now. Euphie was his dream and path and with her dead, its no longer possible and there's no way he can ally with the japanese.
Its a bit sad that both Lulu and Suzaku are on the same path now Lulu is on a path to kill his Father while Suzaku is on a path to kill Zero
Old 2007-03-29, 21:35   Link #209
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
It's either a very straight forward design where Suzaku has revealed to Lelouch that he knows what went on, or it sets the audience up to believe that Suzaku knows when he actually doesn't.
Well, its just too hard to believe at this point that he doesn't. Under normal circumstances, you really wouldn't be calling your best friend with his newly deceased sister's cellphone to tell him to tell everyone not to look at the sky because you're consumed by hatred and will kill someone (so what? Everyone knows Suzaku's killed before... Not many knows or cares that he was killing because he's a goody two shoes and now he isn't). And like many have said, the conversation pretty much sets it up, ie, asking about Nunnally after Lelouch's cryptic remark.

So no, if the latter's true, then the writers are REALLY out of their minds.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-03-29 at 22:17.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 21:37   Link #210
DwArD
mAnIaC

Just read the summary....can't believe that happened. *SIGH* Guess the final battle is finally coming up. I don't know who to support right now. I used to like Lelouch but now I can't say I really like him. On the other hand, I never did like Suzaku for some reason so......AAAHHH! I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly now. Nice episode btw.
Old 2007-03-29, 21:41   Link #211
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
And like many have said, the conversation pretty much sets it up. Asking about Nunnally after Lelouch's cryptic remark.
It appears that Suzaku is referring to Mariannes death and how Nunnally was caught up in the crossfire. He could just as well be pondering Lelouch's opinion on revenge, since he has never had reason to take revenge but Lelouch has.

But I suppose the first instincts are always correct.
Old 2007-03-29, 22:00   Link #212
cf18
Mecha Pilot

A guy here, and I found the Kaguya scene annoying too. You was far more likeable in previous episode, with her looking smart and determined. No she is like a typical fan-girl get over-excited about finally talking to her idol.

But the important thing is: What kind of geass did Suzaku get? He most likely got a geass from V.V. right?

Oh boy we get at least 2 months to speculate on that...
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:04   Link #213
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
It appears that Suzaku is referring to Mariannes death and how Nunnally was caught up in the crossfire. He could just as well be pondering Lelouch's opinion on revenge, since he has never had reason to take revenge but Lelouch has.
Perhaps, but coming right after Lelouch said that he had no intention of backing down, for Suzaku to ask if "it was for Nunnally's sake"... he didn't even ask what it was that Lelouch had done, or was going to do.

The feeling I got from that conversation was of two old friends saying a last goodbye.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:11   Link #214
flou
That's no lady

@cf18

Spoiler:
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:18   Link #215
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Perhaps, but coming right after Lelouch said that he had no intention of backing down, for Suzaku to ask if "it was for Nunnally's sake"... he didn't even ask what it was that Lelouch had done, or was going to do.

The feeling I got from that conversation was of two old friends saying a last goodbye.
That's definitely clearer and straight-forward.
Old 2007-03-29, 22:18   Link #216
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
@cf18

Spoiler:
That's a new one...or at least I don't remember its showing up in the thread for such. Sure seems questionable though.

Especially when we don't even know what happened during that conversation.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:30   Link #217
TrueKnight

Oh my God, holy crap, just watched the raw. This episodes is beyond awesome. The Euphie part was kind of expected but still it's just sad. I used to hate Suzaku but after seeing this I kinda want to support him.

Lelouch onwards to the path of total domination after this. We need more Jeremiah. Nina seems she's from the Higurashi world. More Lelouch x C.C and ROFL at Lelouch's for snubbing a fine gift aka Kaguya so fast, especially when she's the one that actually OFFERRED herself. I feel that Kaguya is'nt going to give up yet

Leouch puts Light from Death Note down to shame. And the way he looked very evil at the end totally rocks. The one that differs him from Light is that Lelouch has Nunally, and I hope that she would always stays alive to prevent Lelouch not to fall into the same crappy character as Light.

And God I swear, if Sunrise make Lelouch somehow a bad guy in season 2, not just I would send hate letters, but abominations of Pizza Huts.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:42   Link #218
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
@cf18

Spoiler:
It's one of many foundless rumors circulating in anonymous boards.
Don't bother until futher information comes out.
Old 2007-03-29, 22:45   Link #219
Psychodragon
Inactive Member

Euphie was such a lovable character. I fell in love with her enthusiasm and avidness for exploration in the first episode she appeared in. Her naivete also gave her character a lot of appeal. Although it was bordering on irritation and insult, I always found an unknown reason to forgive her later on in the episodes...and now sadly, I know there won't be another time.

She lived her life without regret, with nothing but goodwill and the best of intentions to create a better world for people of all colors to co-exist peacefully. She enjoyed life, and I could also tell she loved her family even more, especially Lelouch, Nunnallly, and the late-Marianne. It's no wonder she did what she did in order to reunite her family together once more. What's also startling is her attitude towards Lelouch upon discovering that he's Zero. There is no vengeance in her demeanor and priorities in regards to Clovis. She wanted her family back, even her half-siblings, and for nobody else to die. Teddy Roosevelt once said, "If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness." I'd think Euphie would, on the contrary, choose peace.

R.I.P., Euphemia Le Britannia. You are going to a much better world now...a world you envisioned for Elevens and Britannians alike.
Psychodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 22:46   Link #220
WhiteWings

Sales of Pizza Hut are either going to go up or down depending on how this series does. That would be an interesting essay topic for college...

I'm still not sure what kind of ending I want. A happy ending doesn't necessarily mean a good ending. But then a totally nasty or depressing ending isn't all that great either. For example, is the end of the Evangelion series a good ending or a bad ending? It certainly wasn't a happy ending and though at the time I first saw it I really got depressed for a day or two I still thought it was a very interesting ending.

If they really are going with another season I don't mind. This is just going to be more and more interesting as time goes by unlesss somebody screws it up.