AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 20:48   Link #141
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

A bit late to this show but was pretty impressed with epi 1. Has potenial. I like seeing the different abilities the youkai have and it appears Akina has some as well (again havent watched 2 or 3 to see why yet). Also the neko/kitsune guy got my attention as well.

Also like the OP and ED for this, usually Im very picky about music. Gonna keep this on the watching list for now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:51   Link #142
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I really really like the music for this anime... but I think that's all that really stands out about this show. The animation looks kind of cheap, the story seems dull, and the characters are also boring. I'll give this one more episode, maybe. Just so I can here the OP again.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 22:05   Link #143
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Pfft on epi 3 and lived the "a healthy mind resides in a healthy body" line XD Made me think of the opening to Soul Eater.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 01:36   Link #144
kamikazex

episode 3.....man whats with the ending.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:00   Link #145
Molenir

Quote:
Meh without the "fox" it becomes a crappy SOL show :P
I happen to like slice of life type shows. I definitely prefer that type of storytelling over the current version. The laid back with impending doom just doesn't work for me.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 02:40   Link #146
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What I'm most surprised is that no less than 5 groups are subbing this series. Not like I'm complaining, as I love the show, but if you asked me a month ago about which shows would be 'oversubbed', this would be one of the shows on the bottom of that list.

As for episode 3, I like how they show Hime's past and from that, imply that the reason as to why Hime and Akina are much like kindred spirits would be because they have been given an immense responsiblity from a very young age. They probably see a part of themselves in the other, and that's one reason (or even the main reason) as to why of all people they share the most meaningful conversations with each other.

Best part I liked about this episode though would be that I feel as if the monsters-of-the-week (both this and the last) were just an excuse in order to show this connection, rather than feeling this connection was forced upon us because they needed to add an extra element for their monster-of-the-week. So far, I'm really impressed with this show.

OP being the most kickass song of the cour, of course helps much in that regard.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 03:39   Link #147
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm still kinda on the fence about this series. The premise is equal parts trite and unique, which just sorta cancels out into ambivalence at this point. I generally hate the "quick world overview" like this series uses (and Abyss as well), because it just sorta rams a bunch of info at you in too short a period of time.

Why would the position of "Mayor" be passed down in one "demon family" instead of being elected? It's a large city, and yet the town council or whatever is a bunch of kids working from a shed? How/why did the demons suddenly come there in the first place? And I'm still left wondering where this show is even going...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 04:13   Link #148
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Why would the position of "Mayor" be passed down in one "demon family" instead of being elected? It's a large city, and yet the town council or whatever is a bunch of kids working from a shed? How/why did the demons suddenly come there in the first place? And I'm still left wondering where this show is even going...
Why does the afterlife in Bleach resemble feudal Japan? That was just one example of things that make less sense.

That family probably has the power required for protecting the town full of demons. However I don't have a good answer for your second question, other than demographic pandering.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 06:33   Link #149
noxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
and why would they reveal every single detail in 3 episodes?
you didn't like the admittedly heavy handed lengthy exposition at the beginning of episode 1, but expect them to have answered everything by episode 3?

as far as i've seen they've accomplished as much as can be expected.
they introduced a group of characters that are interesting enough so far to want to know more about, an interesting enough setting to see them romp about, and a potential main major villain for them to oppose.
in other words, in 3 episodes they've laid out the hooks and we have 9 episodes to see what the catch is. thats pretty much where they should be.
noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 07:01   Link #150
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

well apparently its a 13 ep series, and the manga is so far 5 volumes, so i guess theyre trying to dunk down as much as possible so pplz would know wtf is gong on.

although technically it wouldve been great if they had a 25 ep series so they could NOT alter the story from the manga >.>
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 08:48   Link #151
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Silver.. ;___;

Good to see episode four will show us some of Kotoha's past. Looking very much forward to that.
Old 2008-10-19, 08:53   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Silver.. ;___;
I know it can't be helped due to his power, but the way he stopped Hime... Akina seems to have taken it upon himself to do all the dirty jobs around here...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 11:09   Link #153
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Pfft on epi 3 and lived the "a healthy mind resides in a healthy body" line XD Made me think of the opening to Soul Eater.
I noticed that as well...and they basically used exactly the same phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxian View Post
and why would they reveal every single detail in 3 episodes?
you didn't like the admittedly heavy handed lengthy exposition at the beginning of episode 1, but expect them to have answered everything by episode 3?

as far as i've seen they've accomplished as much as can be expected.
they introduced a group of characters that are interesting enough so far to want to know more about, an interesting enough setting to see them romp about, and a potential main major villain for them to oppose.
in other words, in 3 episodes they've laid out the hooks and we have 9 episodes to see what the catch is. thats pretty much where they should be.
And so what are you annoyed about?

As far as I can see, it is a good thing that they haven't given out any of the nitty gritty details yet asides from the general overview. We will get to know more as the story unfolds and the 9 episodes that we have left is a lot of time to do so. This is a lot better than answering everything with 3 episodes and then working towards a goal...you would have nothing better to be expecting and that would just be boring.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 10:09   Link #154
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I'm liking this series more with every episode. The fight scenes are good, and we get to see some more character development. It looks like next episode we'll be seeing a more threatening villain enter the town, which should be cool. Also, cute puppies.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 15:29   Link #155
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I know it can't be helped due to his power, but the way he stopped Hime... Akina seems to have taken it upon himself to do all the dirty jobs around here...
It really did feel like that. Akina taking it onto himself and not being able to help the dog until it was too late. Sometimes things just don't end well.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:21   Link #156
Cight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which is ironic because he's the only human among a group of Youkai. Ep3 seemed a bit fillerish but then they turned around it nicely at the end. Even if it was a touch ridiculous with the flying dog.
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 09:28   Link #157
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cight View Post
Which is ironic because he's the only human among a group of Youkai. Ep3 seemed a bit fillerish but then they turned around it nicely at the end. Even if it was a touch ridiculous with the flying dog.
Haha, yeah. And then when he turned into a big, menacing beast, he didn't do anything and just got beat up.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 19:12   Link #158
Heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
During that fight in episode three (the monster part), Akina and Hime were really lucky that talking is a free action. Otherwise they would have attacked during their conversation right in front of an angry monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Haha, yeah. And then when he turned into a big, menacing beast, he didn't do anything and just got beat up.
The manga version made a lot more sense:
Spoiler for manga version of ep 3's fight:

Now, I understand that anime conversions often have to drop a lot of material (I know how much they cut out of Onikakushi-hen, for example), but I really don't get why they removed that bit. I mean, as two people have pointed out, the scene doesn't make sense any more, and I also think it loses some impact. And it wouldn't have taken long to add, so... why omit it?

Overall, it's a shame, since I had high hopes for this, but my impression of the anime's been going downhill with each ep. The manga has its flaws, but... I can't see the reason behind most of the changes they've made in adapting it, and a lot of them seem to me to be for the worse. =\
Heli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 05:02   Link #159
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
so I was listening to the OP/ED release and then suddenly it was time for Akane-Iro Sentimental by ROUND TABLE to play in my mp4, I swear it's one beautiful song. I hope they use it as one of their ED or at least an insert in the anime.

I haven't heard of ROUND TABLE since Chobits ended so it was quite a surprise for me that they have this beautiful song included in their track.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 08:31   Link #160
AngelsThesis
♪ツンツン デレツン♪ ♪デレツンツン♪

guess that means u didnt see NHK?
AngelsThesis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen, supernatural