AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-27, 23:02   Link #1021
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What a terrific finale. I knew from the eyecatch that the ending would go exactly where I'd hoped it would - and it did. I even have to give Miura his due - he could have turned sour grapes, but he was genuinely pulling for Ashirogi to get first place. I wonder - do the authors know the connotations of PCP in English, though?
My very first question back when I read the title. I'm sure they must by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Is is....and that's all I'll say.
Oh god, him

Well, this should be very interesting to see animated next time.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 23:16   Link #1022
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Oh god, him
Oh come on,you're already scaring away anime only watchers
Old 2012-03-28, 09:28   Link #1023
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
The finale was quite pleasing, and the series somehow manages to always keep me wanting more. It's strange, considering I sometimes finish series these days (both airing and finished) and I just grab the episode without thought upon release. But for some reason, Bakuman has become something for me to anticipate every week upon airing and look forward to.

It has its own unique charm, and I look forward to the third season. Appears we aren't too far behind the manga comparatively, either.

Also, yes, I'm still alive. Shocking.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 16:55   Link #1024
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Can anyone tell me up to what chapter the second season ended on? I only started the manga the other day so i want to at least catch up to where the second season finished.
Old 2012-03-28, 17:05   Link #1025
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Can anyone tell me up to what chapter the second season ended on? I only started the manga the other day so i want to at least catch up to where the second season finished.
The last chapter adapted is chapter 91.
Old 2012-03-28, 17:07   Link #1026
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
The last chapter adapted is chapter 91.
thanks alot
Old 2012-03-28, 17:22   Link #1027
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Ha ha ha, somehow I doubt you'll be able to just "stop" at 91. It's just too good. Kudos if you do, and if you don't...enjoy the ride.
Old 2012-03-28, 23:19   Link #1028
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Last New Page 25: Votes and Graph.

This conclusion is worth to Bakuman, because this is a show that exposes life for real.

We have here two teenagers teaming up to create the best manga ever devised, because both share the same passions and likes.

The formula may be to shounen taste, but the experiences can be realistic.
It was heartbreaking watching Mashiro getting depressed and frustrated when Trap got cancelled, and when he and Takagi didn't got many liberties to draw what they liked and ended up with Tanto.

The dream to make the best manga in Jack to be made into an anime so that his sweetheart, Azuki Miho, gets to play the heroine is beautiful because is a teen's dream that has been kept alive by those two's stubborness and resolution at refusing to throw the towel.

Pretty much season two turned out to be the sorts of the Miura age, given all the hardships and headaches Miura gave the boys as their editor, but, luckily, our boys changed their editor with their hot and flaming determination; Miura provided ideas for the boys to have come up with PCP and even asked for Hattori's advice as an co-worker in need to make things better.

Season two was carried over with ups and downs for our characters that show to us they are as real like us as flawed people striving to make for their lives what they love to do.

It culminates with PCP's serialization of the first chapter finally earning the 1st place that so much Takagi and Mashiro put effort taking into account everyone who help them along the way, their dreams, their editors, and, most important, connecting with Shounen Jack's readers.
Spoiler:

So, now that I'm done with Bakuman 2nd season, that means I'm done with half of the shows I started for the past autumn 2011 anime season.

And, everybody paid attention to the preview for the upcoming third season?
Well, I cannot spoil about the preview, but I can only say that Mashiro's uncle (or his spirit for that matter) is right that the true battles are yet to come for Ashirogi Muto.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 20:59   Link #1029
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

In Defense of the Chief Editor

I know Sasaki has drawn much abuse on this forum for the decisions he has made concerning Ashirogi Muto, but I think that considering him as nothing but a corporate lackey is overblown. Yes, he is responsible for selling as many magazines as possible and not for babysitting high school kids, but let's take a look at his decisions.

1. He allowed Eiji and Ashirogi to be serialized as High Schoolers. Totally corporate choice to sell "Jack" without much consideration of the consequences.

2. In the hospital, he prohibits Mashiro from drawing and publishing until graduation. Two independent reasons. One, he feels guilty because of Uncle and does not want to cause Mom that type of pain again. Blame him for bringing in personal feelings if you wish, but that is not a salary man's reasoning. Two, the bad press from the headline "Teenage Mangaka Worked to Death in Hospital by Jack" would be devastating. He is regretting decision #1 now and wishes he had limited them to contests and one-shots until they were done with exams because school and manga are both full time jobs. As far as Eiji goes, maybe an exception can be made for someone who can do a name in 30 minutes without a script.

3. Holding Ashirogi to the condition that their new manga be able to match Eiji. You may think it too severe. You may think it unreasonable. But losing a talented young duo is not a way to sell magazines unless you look at the results:

HE GOT ALL THE SENIOR EDITORS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY COULD BE AS GOOD AS EIJI.

His actions are not that much different than Hattori's when it comes to providing rivals and inspiration for all the young mangaka. As far as setting unreasonable terms
Spoiler for Unreasonable:

As far as the preview goes
Spoiler for New Character:

Last edited by Starshipw; 2012-04-02 at 21:05. Reason: add
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 05:37   Link #1030
totoum
Me at work

Ok I figure we'll keep going in this thread for Season 3

So here's your visual for S3

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nano Ripe will be doing the OP and Sphere will be doing the ED
Old 2012-08-31, 05:55   Link #1031
larethian

anyway confirmation that this will be the last season?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:58   Link #1032
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Although they have enough material for more, I suspect with the manga having finished the anime will wrap with these 25 eps. I've heard nothing definitive either way, but it's not a big seller on DVD or BD and there's not much urgency to promote the manga now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 13:03   Link #1033
larethian

Show's out, Niizuma FTW. This thread needs a move.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:54   Link #1034
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Niizuma really is the best. Glad to have this back. Quite bold of Mashiro indeed to hold hands. Though Hattori will be bringing them some bad news. They're going to have to make PCP get better ratings. Lol Miura has a lot to handle.
Old 2012-10-08, 06:56   Link #1035
ookamigirl

Azuki in +Natural as the heroine.
Mashiro was not very happy about it.
Looks like their dream is getting a bit modified.
First episode and there's already trouble.
Looks like the whole Azuki thing is reallly getting to Mashiro.
Niizuma was as awesome as ever! ^^
I'm glad those two speeded things up a bit in their relationship.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 07:08   Link #1036
starlol

I find the problem stupid. I cannot really sympathize with it.
Nizuma continues to be awesome. Just when I thought it was time for me to dropped the show after enjoying the first two seasons, nizuma appearance reminds me why I love this show.
Old 2012-10-08, 08:04   Link #1037
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
I find the problem stupid. I cannot really sympathize with it.
Nizuma continues to be awesome. Just when I thought it was time for me to dropped the show after enjoying the first two seasons, nizuma appearance reminds me why I love this show.
Yeah, have to say I spent most of the episode not seeing what the big deal was. Azuki gets the role and her career starts going up which makes it easier for her to get the lead in Mashiro's future anime. After all always the chance they might not be able to give the role to her if they are just starting out. Plus their manga just getting started here. A good chance the anime will be over by the time they get a series anyways (especially with the current standard of fairly short series ).

But wow as usual Iwase is a (insert unfavorable phrase). I mean really it's like she just exists to be a jerk. Just because no one likes you doesn't mean others can't have romantic goals. Seriously needs to get over the fact that Takagi was never interested in her.

Have to say good job Miura. With all that's riding for Ashirogi Mutou they need an anchor like Miura holding back Niizuma and Iwase .
Old 2012-10-08, 08:12   Link #1038
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Azuki gets the role and her career starts going up which makes it easier for her to get the lead in Mashiro's future anime.
On the contrary , if +natural keeps on running (they're going for one of those 100+ episodes anime here,not some 13ep late night anime) then that makes it impossible,the same actress would never be cast as the main heroine of two jump animes running at the same time.
Old 2012-10-08, 09:29   Link #1039
HandofFate

takagi and kaya remain my favorite characters.
they act as great observation roles on everything that is going on.

I think mashiro's whole thing is pretty dumb tbh, so I was happy with how kaya and takagi's relationship developed throughout the whole thing.
Old 2012-10-08, 09:34   Link #1040
HandofFate

Quote:
On the contrary , if +natural keeps on running (they're going for one of those 100+ episodes anime here,not some 13ep late night anime) then that makes it impossible,the same actress would never be cast as the main heroine of two jump animes running at the same time.
is it really that impossible? I admit I'm not that knowledgeable about the inner workings of the va industry, but I see the same VAs show up on multiple shows each season. Seeing how VAs aren't tied to a company, but tied to their talent agency, I would think it would increase her chances since they usually try to have a business relationship with the same company they worked with before.

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen