AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 23.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 13.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-07, 00:46   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-07, 14:47   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

So Yozora bow regrets making Yuki wear as a maid and now makes her dress as a buttler >__>

Kodaka has a very weak mind to fall for that trick....
Old 2013-02-07, 18:11   Link #3
AC-Phoenix
Detective

>>
Nice steins;gate parody there lol.
I really hope Sena finds some nice nicknames for Yozora when she hears how tomboyish she was. lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-02-07, 18:36   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rika is seriously amazing this season. She went a little too far with that blonde twintail hairstyle though. The previous one was perfect.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:09   Link #5
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Cat's out of the bag huh? Wonder what the reaction will be when the rest find out Kodaka and Yozora knew each other in the past. Not to mention Yozora's playthrough of that otome game was quite an uncanny resemblance to her said experience with Kodaka.

I wasn't too fond of Rika in the first season, but she's surprisingly becoming gradually more and more endearing to me. She's pretty sharp, and her perversion is becoming a bit more controlled than it used to be.

Also, I'd take butler Yukimura over maid Yukimura.~
Old 2013-02-07, 19:29   Link #6
sikvod00

^ Agreed about Rika. She's much more entertaining and less annoying this season.
Old 2013-02-07, 19:43   Link #7
Kyouka
Is Here

<3 rika now with all her hair changes
Old 2013-02-07, 20:05   Link #8
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I agree. Rika have a different aura this season. Last season, I didn't even care about her but now, I'm quite interested. She's really different this season

I guess, Kodaka will tell them that he and Yozora are childhood friends.
Old 2013-02-07, 20:25   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Put me into the "Rika is amazing" camp =03. Her choreography this episode was just amazing; she's really putting life into the show. Not to mention since ditching the glasses and changing her hairstyle every ep makes her even more cute than she was before.

Old 2013-02-07, 21:47   Link #10
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

a more slow paced episode, i havent noticed untill the anime the likely clannad reference in the game yozora played, and certainly rikka is taking the spotlight this season.
Old 2013-02-07, 21:49   Link #11
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Never thought I'd say this... but there's a pretty good chance Rika's turning into my favorite character in this anime. It's been...what, three episodes in a row where she completely stole the show?

I demand moar.
Old 2013-02-07, 21:58   Link #12
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Never thought I'd say this... but there's a pretty good chance Rika's turning into my favorite character in this anime. It's been...what, three episodes in a row where she completely stole the show?
It's never too late to join the Rika club

As for the episode itself...
1. We all know Yozora is trying to go for the Kodaka route. Of course, being Kodaka, it's not like he'll even noticed that.
2. Mayo Chiki reference, breast groping scene included.
3. Twintail Rika FTW (Although I still don't know whether she's trying to imitate Kobato)
4. Speaking of Kobato, neither she or Maria even appear...
5. Back to Rika, there's a reason why she's my favorite lol
Old 2013-02-07, 22:13   Link #13
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
^ Agreed about Rika. She's much more entertaining and less annoying this season.
I think this is one of the greatest benefits that have come about with a change of directors. In the first season Kodaka, Yozora, and Sena felt like full-fledged characters, with the others little more than ciphers used for running jokes. The rest of the main cast is less one-note this time around.
Old 2013-02-07, 22:59   Link #14
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so yukimura now wear butler outfit & talk mention of anime with "mayo & chiki" then rika want yozora play a game give sena try to ha ha cue rika's red eye of doom.

so yozora play game give seeing it goes til met meet with deliqent guy seem feel vibes "have we seen this look remind of someone" yea give how it goes til end route feel same thing yozora has in life.

next day rika try blonde give kodaka go hmm unless other invention cue time travel work on minds for kodaka so 10yrs ago going to have talk with younger yozora give confess then horse head?!

oh the device was dream machine give it work but oops he sorta said it all words of his dream to everyone giving "hmm" why you mention yozora?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2013-02-07, 23:01   Link #15
Candyshark

Now do proper work with Kobato. I'm a bit bumped Kodaka didn't count the hairstyles she had. It was minor detail but add a lot imo. In novel not only he noticed the changes but remembered them all.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:17   Link #16
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, this episode was as solid as a brick wall. Everyone's amazing in their own way.

Well, time machines are really impossible at this level of technology, but this episode showed how "pseudo-time machines" do exist. In this episode, we get to see Yozora traveling into the future through a galge, while Kodaka gets to relive that fateful moment ten years back with the help of Rika's invention.

Honestly, seeing Yozora experiencing that bad end felt really heart-wrenching, but seeing her try to avoid interacting with the boys (and eventually her classmates as well) feels very revolting.

I hope Yozora stops playing with Yukimura's naivete. Right now, that galge taught Yozora a very good lesson on how to live one's life.

Meanwhile, is it me, or is Rika trying to manipulate the "battlefield"? I can't say for now if Rika actually likes Kodaka because of how playful she can get. She reminds me of Minori and Ami from Toradora! — she has Minori's fun and random quirks but she seems to have Ami's perceptiveness. I can assume that Rika is "doing the moves" to Kodaka because she is interested at him, but there's also a chance that she is only doing this for Yozora to be more proactive.

Next episode appears to return to Haganai's comedic side, but with this unanticipated mood shift, I doubt that the story will just be fun and laughs till the end.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-08, 01:25   Link #17
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

kinda love how they teased Yozora's softspot towards Kodaka throughout the episode

it's a breath of fresh air and her 'worried' and 'startled' expressions are really cute
Old 2013-02-08, 03:29   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yozora gets emotional rather easily huh ? This is the second time she cried in front of the group from just experiencing a story, though admittedly this one might hit harder than the homogamu since it was effectively a peek into her future if she continued down this path.

I've never noticed this before, but Rika's seiyuu have quite a range of fun voice to play with- every scene where she freaks out was a joy to listen to

Kodaka... Essentially... You're an idiot =_= Like, super massive idiot for falling for that illusion.

But I wonder if they heard his whole confession? Probably not, otherwise it would be a bigger riot than just a simple "hmmmmmmmm??" scene.

P.S - btw, nobody brought up the ridiculously obvious Mayo Chiki parody in the first part ?
Old 2013-02-08, 03:32   Link #19
EroKing

They should rename the series to Rika wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, she makes this show so awesome to watch week in and week out
Old 2013-02-08, 03:55   Link #20
Nitial

Oh trust me. Rika will play a huge part in this season.
Closed Thread