Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 20:50   Link #301
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
A major problem about Ena was that Erica can't manipulate her as she did with others. Whilst she's definitely smarter than Ena, Ena acts solely out of a series of good instincts. If I may add, her instincts are probably as good as Saber's from F/SN.
So basically, she's a beast. (Thinks of Neko-Ena....*cough*)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Lol, I noticed that too. Our taste seems to be similar- Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, High School DxD, and Campione.
I used to follow DxD's thread back then when we had some awesome yandere posts.
Old 2012-04-12, 21:02   Link #302
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Campione will be air at summer 2012

Yōko Hikasa as Erica Blandelli
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Godō Kusanagi

Eri Kitamura as Liliana Kranjčar
Kana Hanazawa as Yuri Mariya
Rina Hidaka as Shizuka Kusanagi
Shinobu Matsumoto as Tōma Amakasu
Yui Ogura as Atena
Yuka Saitou as Ena Seishūin

Animation Production:
Barnum Studio (Animation Produce)
Diomedea
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:04   Link #303
whsie

^ Can't say how good the adaptation will be because light novel -> anime adaptations are always a toss up, but at least the production value looks good.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:08   Link #304
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Summer 2012 just became awesome with campione and sao
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:10   Link #305
Richocet
Lover of Purity

That seems like a nice line up especially Yōko Hikasa, she has had quite the year this year
Also Eri Kitamura, I've loved her since she did Karen Araragi
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:14   Link #306
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Given that Ena is within the anime adaptation, I'd have to say that it must be two cours or more. Wait, Yui Ogura is Athena? She doesn't sound that aggressive or arrogant. Looking forward to how she portrays that role.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:20   Link #307
Valky
Radioactive

First pv already out quite a time ago on the official website. Well, if you compare the artwork from LN and Anime, Anime win hands down of course. Waiting for 2nd pv.
Old 2012-04-12, 21:30   Link #308
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

In v2, its said that the kusanagi men were always playboys. Any more details? Also what about the japanese hero of steel that pandora alluded to in v4?
Old 2012-04-12, 21:41   Link #309
Kadi
知識の探求者

The Japanese hero of steel appears in Vol 5. He was already called by name in this thread...

If you want to know about the Kusanagi men being playboys, read Short Story 2. It's pretty much about that. And spoiler-free (for 99.9% of you), by the way.

I always thought the anime artwork looked kind of strange, like something was off. Also, I saw one scene that I can only place in Vol 11 (kiss in the rain, hug and stand together in the middle of all those golden swords with cuneiform). Which means they'll animate at least 6 volumes, maybe 8. I hope for 6...
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 21:45   Link #310
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Was it ena or her grampsy?
Also, maybe the anime will do things like 1>2>3>11>4>5 end
Old 2012-04-12, 21:48   Link #311
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
The Japanese hero of steel appears in Vol 5. He was already called by name in this thread...

If you want to know about the Kusanagi men being playboys, read Short Story 2. It's pretty much about that. And spoiler-free (for 99.9% of you), by the way.

I always thought the anime artwork looked kind of strange, like something was off. Also, I saw one scene that I can only place in Vol 11 (kiss in the rain, hug and stand together in the middle of all those golden swords with cuneiform). Which means they'll animate at least 6 volumes, maybe 8. I hope for 6...
The artwork is more... round. It's different and strange at first, but once you watch the pv a few times and get used to it, I personally think it's better. Admittedly, the artwork in the Campione novels for the early volumes weren't exactly great. The first artwork that I was truly impressed was the John Smith, Godou, Luo Hao colored picture in volume 7 (volume SEVEN for freak's sake). Also, if you compare Salvatore's picture in Volume 11 and the early volumes, there's a stark difference. Volume 11's Salvatore is drawn in a manner in which I can see animated.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 22:06   Link #312
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Seeing he's holding the tablet, I guess that means they'll animate the flashback-arc too. And considering Ena's appearance in the pv, we can be quite certain that volume 5 is a sure thing. I'm expecting for 24-26 episodes. 7 Volumes with some short stories is preferable.

Quote:
The artwork is more... round.
I thought it was sharper, actually.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:09   Link #313
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
^ Can't say how good the adaptation will be because light novel -> anime adaptations are always a toss up, but at least the production value looks good.
VNs are even worse. Either it's random character-picking at the end (Shuffle!, Mashiro-iro) or it's completely different (Majikoi).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
That seems like a nice line up especially Yōko Hikasa, she has had quite the year this year
Also Eri Kitamura, I've loved her since she did Karen Araragi
I liked her since C^3 with Kirika.
Quote:
The artwork is more... round. It's different and strange at first, but once you watch the pv a few times and get used to it, I personally think it's better. Admittedly, the artwork in the Campione novels for the early volumes weren't exactly great. The first artwork that I was truly impressed was the John Smith, Godou, Luo Hao colored picture in volume 7 (volume SEVEN for freak's sake). Also, if you compare Salvatore's picture in Volume 11 and the early volumes, there's a stark difference. Volume 11's Salvatore is drawn in a manner in which I can see animated.
Though in the PV, the characters' look are quite weird...I mean, unexpected. Even though I don't always like their animation, I hoped that it would look JC Staff-type characters' look.
Old 2012-04-13, 02:47   Link #314
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
VNs are even worse. Either it's random character-picking at the end (Shuffle!, Mashiro-iro) or it's completely different (Majikoi).

I liked her since C^3 with Kirika.

Though in the PV, the characters' look are quite weird...I mean, unexpected. Even though I don't always like their animation, I hoped that it would look JC Staff-type characters' look.
Well, considering how rough and crappy the illustration looked in the light novels and the manga, the anime's art is a dramatic improvement. I for one really liked how Godou was drawn. He looked more manly. By the way, I liked Eri Kitamura since she voiced Kirika in C3 as well.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:39   Link #315
Athena
The Power of One

In my case, I can complain about how Godou looks weird, but to be honest, it's more realistic. I heard that he was pretty tall or something, so it was to be expected.

The art isn't that bad in the LNs, BTW. I liked the Athena in volume 9.
Old 2012-04-13, 06:49   Link #316
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
In my case, I can complain about how Godou looks weird, but to be honest, it's more realistic. I heard that he was pretty tall or something, so it was to be expected.

The art isn't that bad in the LNs, BTW. I liked the Athena in volume 9.
Like someone mentioned, it's definitely improved, but the early volumes' art was rough and shabby. The art of the manga was definitely rubbish.Only the manga adaptation of IS can be worse than it. I like the art of the anime though.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-04-13 at 07:00.
Old 2012-04-13, 07:56   Link #317
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Like someone mentioned, it's definitely improved, but the early volumes' art was rough and shabby. The art of the manga was definitely rubbish.Only the manga adaptation of IS can be worse than it. I like the art of the anime though.
Uhm....you forgot the Sword Art Online manga adaptation.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:59   Link #318
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
True, the artwork in the earlier volumes weren't very good at all. It's improved a lot, but I'd still say it's a bit average, with the possible exception of some of the coloured art. Can you imagine Campione being illustrated by someone like Miyama-Zero? Awesome.

BTW, a quick question, does Godou ever pick up a nickname? All the other Campione have them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 10:00   Link #319
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Actually, how many Campione are there around the world?
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 10:04   Link #320
dragon1412

7 of them. Here is the list from kadi( remember to give him credit) :
Quote:
Godou - Protag. 16 year old "ordinary Japanese highschool boy"

Dejanstahl "Bobby" Voban - Campione of the Balkan. monster. Gives off an air of intellectuality when he's just a monster in human disguise. Loves hunting. There's a summary of Vol 2 flying around somewhere where you can learn more about him. 200 years old, has more than a dozen usurped Authorities.

Salvatore Doni - Italy's King of Swords. Battle freak. Godou's "friend". Vol 11 tells you all you need to know. He's also a bit involved in Vol 4. Both volumes have summaries somewhere. 4 authorities, significant ones are the sword that rips all apart (Japanese calls it "Silverarm the Ripper" but since that sounds crappy in English at BT we decided on "Ripping Arm of Silver") and his body of steel ("Man of Steel" from the furigana or, translating the kanji, "Divine Protection of Steel")

John Pluto Smith - America's masked Campione. An eccentric who runs around with a mask, like some superhero. Loves acting and drama. Crushes on Godou. 2 Authorities, Artemis's Arrows and Metamorphosis from some South American god. The Metamorphosis destroys the infrastructure around John (destroys power lines or something) so the people pay a price for their hero. Gladly, from what I gathered.

Luo Hao - China's Campione. ~200 years old, old enemy of Bobby's, two Authorities, total lack of common sense, tons of ridiculous nicknames (one can be translated along the lines of "advocate of all-powerful brute strength"). She's pretty awesome...

Aisha - Egypt's Campione. 1800 years old but nobody's seen her for 200 years. I think. I'm a bit unsure about the numbers but she's the oldest by far. For a reason, too. Nicknames: Eternal Beauty and Queen of the Cave. Nothing else known about her.

Alexander Gascoigne/Black Prince Alec. England's Campione. Man appearing to be in his twenties. Has created his own magic Society, Royal Arsenal. Actively participates in England's politics, being opposed by the Pervert Princess, Alice Louise of Navarre. While all other Campione are more or less beasts when certain things hit fans, he's a schemer on top of it. Doesn't understand women so they tend to crush his well thought-out plans. 5 known Authorities, the most famous being his Black Lightning, which is super-speed with some perks. Ohh, and he's a bit of a tsundere in more than one regard.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem