AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 21:49   Link #521
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

That nobody uses the 3rd hokages crystal ball anymore.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 00:08   Link #522
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Also that Itachi died....
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:32   Link #523
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
That Madara slowly becomes Aizen...
Old 2010-09-16, 13:03   Link #524
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Let's see...

- Sakura's great enlightenment, because you know, she understands it all now! She should just stay out of everything and go bake some cake while her teammates kill each other. Boys will be boys and all that.

- Kurenai being told by her relative (was it her father or grandfather? Can't remember) that she is not allowed to die for her village because as a woman, she has not yet fulfilled her purpose in life, which, of course, is giving birth!

- Kurenai turning into a housewive just because she's pregnant, so that the father could die heroically on the battlefield while she watered some flowers. I doubt a ninja would get maternity leave the moment she conceives a child, ages before it is even due.

- Tsunade, who started out pretty awesomely, wasting tons of chakra just so she looks pretty, because, you know, she's an awesome ninja, but she's female!

- Tsunade, the Hokage, not fighting Pein like the rest of the village so that she could heal people who'd have been revived anyway.

- Minato's opinion on what mothers and what fathers are for.

- Kushina abandoning her dream of becoming the first female Hokage so that she could, like pretty much all the women in Naruto, be defined by a man.

- Konan only having wanted to support her male teammates from the start.

- Karin only being there for Sasuke to bite her. All right, so she's useful, but she's again a "support" type (almost all the females in Naruto seem to exist to support males one way or another), and she only stayed around because she has the hots for Sasuke (not that I blame her for that).

...I suppose you could just sum it up as Kishi's blatant sexism.
Old 2010-09-17, 00:33   Link #525
bambr

Kazuku's death was like... what the... I almost stopped watching the show
bambr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 21:32   Link #526
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

chapter 510... and Zabuza's death.
Old 2010-09-18, 10:51   Link #527
JustRob

Zabuzu's death was disappointing? Personally I loved his death, it almost made me cry when I saw it the first time.

For me what was disappointing was the Sai and Sasuke arc. Sai is just a disappointing character (hence why he's canned now) and Yamato didn't make up for it much. Also the whole arc was really useless. They went to Orochimaru's base, they failed to capture Sasuke, and Yamato, the squad leader, ANBU guard of the Hokage, was rendered as useless as a child by Sasuke. But the most disappointing thing in this arc was Naruto babbling about how he wants to bring Sasuke back to the village. At that point he still believed there could be a happy ever after in Konoha.
Old 2010-09-18, 12:43   Link #528
TheNewbSwordsMan

the most disappointing thing to me is , naruto's chakra element is wind , and apart from his combination attack with yamato , he hasn't learnt another wind style only attack yet.
TheNewbSwordsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 15:27   Link #529
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Let's see...

- Sakura's great enlightenment, because you know, she understands it all now! She should just stay out of everything and go bake some cake while her teammates kill each other. Boys will be boys and all that.

- Kurenai being told by her relative (was it her father or grandfather? Can't remember) that she is not allowed to die for her village because as a woman, she has not yet fulfilled her purpose in life, which, of course, is giving birth!

- Kurenai turning into a housewive just because she's pregnant, so that the father could die heroically on the battlefield while she watered some flowers. I doubt a ninja would get maternity leave the moment she conceives a child, ages before it is even due.

- Tsunade, who started out pretty awesomely, wasting tons of chakra just so she looks pretty, because, you know, she's an awesome ninja, but she's female!

- Tsunade, the Hokage, not fighting Pein like the rest of the village so that she could heal people who'd have been revived anyway.

- Minato's opinion on what mothers and what fathers are for.

- Kushina abandoning her dream of becoming the first female Hokage so that she could, like pretty much all the women in Naruto, be defined by a man.

- Konan only having wanted to support her male teammates from the start.

- Karin only being there for Sasuke to bite her. All right, so she's useful, but she's again a "support" type (almost all the females in Naruto seem to exist to support males one way or another), and she only stayed around because she has the hots for Sasuke (not that I blame her for that).

...I suppose you could just sum it up as Kishi's blatant sexism.
Oh yea lets not forget:

Temari not being shown

Hinata being so weak

Tenten being so weak and useless

Ino being so weak and useless

Mei Terumi only having a chance against Sasuke because he was half dead

None of the girls in Shippuden have a bond or a significant bond like the males.

All of the unmarried women who are over thirty are unhappy and angry about not being married

All of the girls are only good for healing or scouts

Hardly any of the girls in the Konoha 11 get any panel time

There has been no known woman to have the Sharingan.

Other than that excellent list.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 20:47   Link #530
Nobodyman9
Banned

-Hinata being ignored after confessing for 82 chapters and counting.

-Sakura having to get help from an old lady to beat an Akatsuki member (it took TWO women to do what one man could do).

-Every single major event or death during a battle is a genjutsu or sharingan hax.

-Kishi completely ignoring his secondary characters.

-Lightning being strong against Earth (apparently Kishi hasn't played Pokemon).

-Sasuke being able to summon Manda, hypnotize him, hide in his body and then transport him, all while an explosion is occuring and he's almost entirely out of chakra.

-Elite ninjas being tricked by elementary battle tactics.

-Kakashi being next in line for Hokage out of absolutely nowhere.

-Naruto's climactic final battle with the Kyuubi being effectively two chapters long.

-Naruto hyperventilating like an idiot because he comes upon the realization that Sasuke might *gasp* BE EVIL!

-600 billion

-Konan's Reading Rainbow.

But perhaps I think the biggest disappointment of all (since everyone was so looking forward to it) was the Sasuke vs. Itachi fight. Seriously, WTF Kishi?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote