AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-29, 14:05   Link #41
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Rule 34 will take effect eventually.

I wonder how partially-assimilated humans co-exist with the ELS after the war? I mean, while the ELS are a hive-mind, the lucky ones like that schoolgirl (who, until I find out her name, shall be called ELS-tan) seem to retain their individuality.
Old 2010-10-29, 14:07   Link #42
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Is this the first time in film/television/book history where the aliens' invasion of Earth turned out to be a huge misunderstanding?
I think this is one of the staple of the Science Fiction genre.

Spoiler for one example:
Old 2010-10-29, 14:55   Link #43
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Rule 34 will take effect eventually.

I wonder how partially-assimilated humans co-exist with the ELS after the war? I mean, while the ELS are a hive-mind, the lucky ones like that schoolgirl (who, until I find out her name, shall be called ELS-tan) seem to retain their individuality.
They left I think, so it should not be that much of a problem. It also depends on how much of them survived the assimilation. ELS-tan did because she was found but the others may have not been so lucky.

The ELS may have been hiveminds, but that doesnt mean the humans just get melded into it either (that survived the or didnt get assimilation). These people are (close to becoming) Innovators, and once they do they probably can get connected without losing their individuality (much like the Innovades most likely). The ELS by contrast, may have been that way all the time since they existed so maybe their very different biology will allow some connection but not total consummation and loss of individuality.

There's always a chance they may shout "All Hail [insert ELS real name here]!!!!!!!" at some point though.........you never know what they can do to you.

............why am I thinking of little green men all of a sudden?
Old 2010-10-29, 15:13   Link #44
Vsin
Aldracity

Rule 34? Tentacles. Definitely tentacles. Maybe goo types, but tentacles are a given. And back to the real topic at hand...

ELS are definitely a more alien alien than aliens in so-called alien-centric series. I mean for crying out loud, Zentradi are just humans with some genetic tweaks (or vice versa). Even other aliens just range from giant bugs to humanoid mammals.

Instead of being created in water, they were created in molten lava? That's already different from...well, damn near every alien out there.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 17:19   Link #45
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

this is only a strange possibility

I think this could make Gundam evolve into the Super Robot genre & in some ways I think it won't & will stay the same.
Old 2010-10-29, 18:13   Link #46
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan View Post
I think this could make Gundam evolve into the Super Robot genre & in some ways I think it won't & will stay the same.
Gundam is already deeply entrenched in the Super Robot genre, and has been for a long time.
Old 2010-10-29, 21:59   Link #47
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I thought alien involvement in a Gundam series can be a very interesting development if done correctly. I'm really looking forward to the next Gundam series to see if there is any involvement of aliens. A series of Gundam VS series may be very interesting!
Old 2010-10-30, 01:45   Link #48
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Introducing Aliens???

That would be cool!!!! and making one of them a pilot of a Gundam!!!! and that aliens doesn't know that he's an aliens and battles his own kind!!!! and then felll in love with a human....!!!!

then he protects the human race against the other aliens that destroyed his home planet!!!!!

COOL!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 02:17   Link #49
bio9205
Reborn

Was it ever mentioned what substance the ELS are composed of? (A metal, I assume.) Also, was it ever explained how they shapeshifted and assimilated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Introducing Aliens???

That would be cool!!!! and making one of them a pilot of a Gundam!!!! and that aliens doesn't know that he's an aliens and battles his own kind!!!! and then felll in love with a human....!!!!

then he protects the human race against the other aliens that destroyed his home planet!!!!!

COOL!!!!!
Hell no. Please.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 02:24   Link #50
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ No I don't think it was ever clearly explained. But they're living metal so....anything metal I guess? That's a broad term since there are a lot of different kinds of metals in the periodic table.

I have a theory of how they shapeshift that I posted on the first page. They're probably nanite beings that communicate through something like QBW (which explains their hivemind and how they can sense innovators), and they can rearrange their own structure on the fly which basically means shape shift.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 02:26   Link #51
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Think of this..... " Piccolo a gundam pilot" cool huh???
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 02:30   Link #52
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Think of this..... " Piccolo a gundam pilot" cool huh???
We've got kaioken and androids already. Who's to say we won't have an alien piloting a Gundam. I can certainly see that if they go down this versus-alien route.

It'll just be Maximillian and Name-escapes-me-right-now in Macross.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 05:25   Link #53
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Was it ever mentioned what substance the ELS are composed of? (A metal, I assume.) Also, was it ever explained how they shapeshifted and assimilated?
Not really, and Id doubt it ever will.

As their name says, they are quite literally living metal. What metal, we have no idea but they are alive.

The idea that they are nanites makes some sense. They do not seem like individuals whatsoever, just a collective bunch of things.

The fact that they are collective likely affected how their culture and understanding developed.

Still, we have no idea what their true forms look like or whether they even have one. Their forms seen in the movie are just convenient for space travel.
Old 2010-10-30, 06:46   Link #54
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually they did show the ELS true forms as some sort of biometal microbial lifeform.

When Setsuna had the dialogue with the ELS, their entire evolution and development was shown.

As far as I can remember, they looked like hexagonal pieces of metal cells floating in their promordial soup at first. And then they were affected by GN Particles and came together, over the eons the achieved communication, technological advancement and such. They communicate by quantum brainwaves, probably from the effects of GN Particles. Having this method of communication allows their entire race to develop a hive mind and they can work together to shapeshift into any form.

They have no 'true' macro forms, they are microbial lifeforms, living together in giant cellular forms.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:01   Link #55
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually they did show the ELS true forms as some sort of biometal microbial lifeform.

When Setsuna had the dialogue with the ELS, their entire evolution and development was shown.

As far as I can remember, they looked like hexagonal pieces of metal cells floating in their promordial soup at first. And then they were affected by GN Particles and came together, over the eons the achieved communication, technological advancement and such. They communicate by quantum brainwaves, probably from the effects of GN Particles. Having this method of communication allows their entire race to develop a hive mind and they can work together to shapeshift into any form.

They have no 'true' macro forms, they are microbial lifeforms, living together in giant cellular forms.
Me and sonicsp don't remember that ELS were affected by gn particles and communicated via quantum brainwaves
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:25   Link #56
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
Me and sonicsp don't remember that ELS were affected by gn particles and communicated via quantum brainwaves
Me agrees. I wonder how the person above saw and was able to read so much into footage that was shown in such a short period of time.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:33   Link #57
wencong1356

Me, sonicsp and RES-01 Perses Gundam don't remember that ELS were affected by gn particles and communicated via quantum brainwaves
Old 2010-10-30, 09:04   Link #58
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The reason the ELS has been gathering innovators and people who responded to Quantum Brainwaves were because they can only relate to these humans, through their primary method of communication, Quantum Brainwaves. This was mentioned in the movie itself.

And during the dialogue, flashy green particles were shown during the segment when the ELS went from single celled organisms to multicellular structures.

With info that was already provided from the series itself, that Quantum Brainwaves are the result of GN Particles, combined with the presence of green particles in the ELS home world, my interpretation is that they evolved with the help of GN Particles and gained Quantum Brainwaves.

Old 2010-10-30, 09:07   Link #59
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The reason the ELS has been gathering innovators and people who responded to Quantum Brainwaves were because they can only relate to these humans, through their primary method of communication, Quantum Brainwaves. This was mentioned in the movie itself.

And during the dialogue, flashy green particles were shown during the segment when the ELS went from single celled organisms to multicellular structures.

With info that was already provided from the series itself, that Quantum Brainwaves are the result of GN Particles, combined with the presence of green particles in the ELS home world, my interpretation is that they evolved with the help of GN Particles and gained Quantum Brainwaves.
IIRC, it was only shown in the movie that the ELS were attracted to those with quantum brainwaves, and that ELS can mindfuck those with strong quantum brainwaves (setsuna and descartes), but the primary method of communication wasn't shown.

And, if they really used GN particles, where and how did they get them?? O.o
Old 2010-10-30, 09:16   Link #60
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
IIRC, it was only shown in the movie that the ELS were attracted to those with quantum brainwaves, and that ELS can mindfuck those with strong quantum brainwaves (setsuna and descartes), but the primary method of communication wasn't shown.

And, if they really used GN particles, where and how did they get them?? O.o
They want to establish communication with humans using assimilation, and they are attracted to quantum brainwaves because they want to communicate through that. Which means quantum brainwaves is their method of communication.

Well I suppose GN Particles exist in nature and maybe their home world has it somehow.