AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 48 48.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-15, 23:57   Link #21
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Konata's father's Kamen Rider henshin pose is more specifically, Kamen Rider Super-1's, argubly the most corny and flashiest of all Rider henshins.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-15, 23:58   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Am I the only one getting tired/annoyed by all the KyoAni self-promo and the Shiraishi endings?
You just announced that you haven't read any of the episode threads, eh?

(General audience hint: anytime you're about to utter the phrase "Am I the only one who..." , you can *guarantee* that at least a dozen other people have just said it ).
Old 2007-07-16, 01:23   Link #23
shiro83

Just as I predicted in the episode 14 thread, this episode has another Shiraishi ending...

This ending has less impact than the previous ones though...
Old 2007-07-16, 01:55   Link #24
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Removed cus I was fooled....

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-16 at 02:31. Reason: April Fooled.
Old 2007-07-16, 02:01   Link #25
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Okay one of the things most raw watchers who can't really understand Japanese probaby missed is this fact:

Spoiler for RAW spoiler:
Based on what I've read from the manga and what of the anime I've seen, I think
Spoiler for secret!:
Old 2007-07-16, 02:07   Link #26
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Based on what I've read from the manga and what of the anime I've seen, I think
Spoiler for secret!:
わ!はずがしい。。。 caught red-handed. KANATA is much more marriage worthy.
Old 2007-07-16, 02:19   Link #27
Fat Cat Lim

Quote:
Okay one of the things most raw watchers who can't really understand Japanese probaby missed is this fact:

Spoiler for RAW spoiler:
Actually Kona-dad was trying to April Fool Konata, but after being fooled twice, Konata wasn't falling for it and so decided to go along with her Dad's revelation, sending her poor father into a panic.
Old 2007-07-16, 02:22   Link #28
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Cat Lim View Post
Actually Kona-dad was trying to April Fool Konata, but after being fooled twice, Konata wasn't falling for it and so decided to go along with her Dad's revelation, sending her poor father into a panic.
Really? I thought he was just shocked at her ease... April Fool was in other part of the show but I didn't think this was one.. man I was fooled too... I missed the 万愚節 part... sigh... I need sleep...
Old 2007-07-16, 02:32   Link #29
bayoab

Quote:
This one actually has less KyoAni-ism than the other ones... most of the EP was on the girls and the manga jokes. The ED is WAY overdone...I like Shiraishi but it was only funny the first time. 3 times? If they do this dumb ending again I'm really going to be angry.. and write KyoAni to bitch about it. I think it's our job as fans to complaint to KyoAni... I NEED MORE K-BOX ED SONGS.
The thing is, I thought that the episodes are animated almost a month in advance. (As would be evident from that director change.) So would all this mean that they are doing L*C and the ending at the last moment?

They clearly knew why he was popular since they picked the first song from his most popular line and most meme'd line out there. Then they filled in the gap of him being the only character not to have a version of HHY. Now, they almost went and made a song out of a what seemed to be originally an adlib.

I think those that hate him really really underestimate his popularity. The fans made an original character song album for him. There was one guy creating a weekly video putting him as the star of LS and getting 40k+ views for each.

I agree that it is losing its comedic value and even he didn't know what to do in this video. So either they are going to change anyway soon, or this was the last of the series produced. There isn't much more he can do anyway that would be hilarious anyway... except the opening.
Old 2007-07-16, 04:07   Link #30
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Don't think Kyoto Animation gives a shit about foreign fan complaint about Lucky Star. Afterall, we are not paying for it. So they can make as much Shirashi inspired ending as they want considering he is becoming quite popular side character of the anime.

I am quite neutral about his antics.

But boy, Akira is getting perdictable.
Old 2007-07-16, 05:05   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and i quote myself form ep 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
you have got to be kidding me...Shiraishi doing tai chi while singing hare hare yukai at the same time balancing on some very sharp rocks above the raging sea...the guy is on crack! (and improvement on last time as it actually made me crack a smile...but heres hope this is the last O.O)
seriously though if they keep milking Shiraishi for all he is worth i would have to say..."screw it no one cares about you anymore!!"

*sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-16, 08:07   Link #32
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Your Live Dvd Viral Marketing Only Makes My ******* Harder.
Old 2007-07-16, 08:07   Link #33
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Cross Marketing

Probably out of topic, but for those who are interested, there's a Konata T-Shirt worn by Tsunestuki's ex-boyfriend in a picture in Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei episode 2 around 11:45.

Quite a lot of cross marketing these days.
Old 2007-07-16, 09:30   Link #34
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Nobody else thinks that Lucky Star is similar to Seinfeld??
I mean both shows are about....well....nothing
They made a whole episode out of a situation of common life, such as got sleep on the bus and miss the stop. On Seinfeld they do a whole episode about getting lost in a parking lot.
They use a very subtle kind of humour.
Situations of real life and the meaningless talk that came out of it.
Lucky Star adds a little of parodies, so its like Seinfeld got mixed with Family Guy.
Old 2007-07-16, 09:38   Link #35
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
They made a whole episode out of a situation of common life, such as got sleep on the bus and miss the stop. On Seinfeld they do a whole episode about getting lost in a parking lot.
Lucky Star adds a little of parodies, so its like Seinfeld got mixed with Family Guy.
You're not the first to make such a comparison. I've seen people call Lucky Star the "Seinfeld of anime".
Old 2007-07-16, 09:48   Link #36
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Don't think Kyoto Animation gives a shit about foreign fan complaint about Lucky Star. Afterall, we are not paying for it. So they can make as much Shirashi inspired ending as they want considering he is becoming quite popular side character of the anime.

I am quite neutral about his antics.

But boy, Akira is getting perdictable.
From what I gathered the Japanese Otakus are pretty pissed off about all the Shiraishi BS as well
Old 2007-07-16, 10:29   Link #37
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
What are the five insert songs? I need clarification on 2.

1) God Knows - obvious
2) Sakura Saku Mirai Koi Yume - yozoca, Da Capo 1st OP
3) Fate Stay Night: Realta Noa
4) ??? (kanji too small to read)
5) Lorelei (Die Lorelei) phillip friedrich silcher

What parts of episode 15 are 3-5 played in?
Old 2007-07-16, 10:47   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Am I the only one getting tired/annoyed by all the KyoAni self-promo and the Shiraishi endings?
I'm sure you're not alone, as can be seen by all the episode threads so far, so don't worry about that.

(BTW, I'm not though, sorry about that. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv
Thank you very much for pointing out that which people seem not to notice for weeks. They seem to think that all comedy needs to have a character-driven plot or character development. A cookie for you.

What makes LS fun is that it makes you look at the bright side of your everyday life and wonder "Hey, this can actually be fun," The back cover of one of the manga volumes even advertises itself as "a manga that allows you to chill out and relax, and have a little laugh". Its "non-seriousness" is actually its strength.

(The detractors of course bring out the Kyo-Ani + various otaku references, but that's another argument altogether. )

When I first saw the screenshots of Kona-chan watching Hirano Aya performing "God knows" and doing poses of DaCapo (which I've never played or watch), I thought "Oh no, more ammo for them detractors," After watching the episode, was pleasantly surprised that they aren't as intrusive as I thought. This episode is still mostly a manga episode.

My thoughts (in no particular order)

- Poor Kagami-sama, got assigned to the same class (cue the lonely-some music), and to the same people as well (Misao and Ayano)

- LOL at Kagami-sama falling for Kona-chan's April Fool's, LOL even more at Kona-chan falling for Nanako-sensei's April Fool's in turn.

- More Yu-chan and Minami-chan (yuri) goodies

- More fun with Hiiragis and game shows

- Totally understand how Kona-chan feels concerning sleeping early. For someone with similar hobbies as her, I find it incredulous how Miyuki can sleep "so early".

- LOL at Kagami trying to make her "boyfriend goldfish" lose weight, drawing strange gazes from Tsukasa-chan

- Totally no hint at the preview by the Hiiragis whether Akira-sama would finally make her debut in the main section, we'll keep our fingers crossed

- A bit disappointed Shiraishi didn't sing the whole "Koi no Minoru Densetsu". I don't think we'll see the last of him though, maybe 1 or 2 more eps?

I think that's it for now.
Old 2007-07-16, 12:31   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Keep in mind thought that Seinfeld and Family Guy borrow from a variety of sources and lately Lucky Star has only been borrowing from one pool with it's punchlines (less so punchlines and moreso injokes actually). Seinfelds strength is also it's ability to focus on a particular theme, (AKA situational comedy) for an episode, whereas Lucky Star as a 4Koma style comedy jumps from topic to topic quite frequently within the episode. They are similar in some ways, but different fundamentally in others. Family Guy is probably the better comparison overall though with it's frequent leaps in narrative, and "Hey remember when?" cutaways. Family Guy's style of comedy can also be it's greatest weakness though if the writers get carried away with on joke, like the Lucky Star writers have with the Haruhi refs. I just can't laugh at any of those anymore.

One last thing, Seinfeld also frequently waited an entire episode to deliver it's finisher punchline, and it was often made all the funnier by everything that happened between the beginning and the end of the episode, but Lucky Star doesn't have that luxury as each segment only lasts about a few minutes at most.

Overall I agree with the Family Guy comparison, but not the Seinfeld one.

As for next weeks ending, Bouken Desho Desho is my call. I actually called God Knows last week, but it was the wrong Haruhi character. Once they've exhausted the openings then it will likely be inserts.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-16 at 12:44.
Old 2007-07-16, 12:35   Link #40
archanfels

Sorry to thread hijack but somehow I'm not allowed to make new threads

Anyone here care about the ongoing SaiMoe 07? I never bothered w/ it before but decide to follow it this year due to LS's participation.
Spoiler:

Last edited by archanfels; 2007-07-16 at 12:45.
Closed Thread