AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 18 14.06%
9 out of 10: Excellent 27 21.09%
8 out of 10: Very Good 46 35.94%
7 out of 10: Good 18 14.06%
6 out of 10: Average 9 7.03%
5 out of 10: Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10: Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-10, 15:16   Link #41
flou
That's no lady

Apparently the voice in episode 1, during the scene in Kurdistan, was Ali Al-Sarshes'. Taking that into account, Setsuna was probably betrayed by Ali, who trained him as a soldier, and his friends were massacred as a result of the betrayal.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 15:26   Link #42
hamstar
just passing by

Episode was pretty good. I was pretty worried after the last one.

some comments:

-I thought Ali was actually a washed-up Patrick but he turned out to be someone completely different. I was a bit disappointed Patrick was not
allowed to develop his character further, he's just a joke character of gundam 00 now and probably for the rest of the series.

-The top tier gundams owning everyone up as usual. What I don't get is that week after week Setsuna is tested by new prototypes, while the other 3 gundan meisters get to fight scrubs and drink hot cocoa.

-The one good thing about this show is that every episode we are seeing at least one new MS. Well, this is gundam afterall, not lelouche's rebellion.

-Setsuna doesn't show appreciation for gifts or gundam upgrades...likes to keep to himself. He's a very introverted character many anime watchers can probably relate to I guess?

-I saw the Exia throw knives and now has this GN particle blade.....but won't that be bad if he leaves this technology behind in battle? I'm guessing this is probably how the AEU will get their hands on this technology so they can produce stronger prototypes. Btw, who was that random scientist introduced? He just appeared out of nowhere with the upgrades. I guess I cant complain, it's gundam.

Last edited by hamstar; 2007-11-10 at 17:13.
hamstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 15:51   Link #43
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Well someone has to be developing technology for the Gundams so I'm not surprised that random techs might show up.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:12   Link #44
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Obviously they took a holiday during the production of this episode. But come on, after seeing the preview for this episode, I expected as much.
The art wasn't as good as the previous episodes, but I actually sort of liked the way they animated this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hmmm is it just me or are there quite a bit of 'grunt' pilots around that are capable of taking on the Gundams ?

I also like the idea that each faction tackles the Gundam problem in a different manner.
Union - Technology
HRA - Enhanced super soldiers
AEU - A private army

Sure the AEU's choice is a little weird (I mean having to hire another army to do a job your guys can't even do) but it's something.

Oye, I'm getting Mistao and Kaji vibes here.
Actually it's
Union: Economy and money
HRL: Technology
AEU: Private army and noob "aces"
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:37   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
The art wasn't as good as the previous episodes, but I actually sort of liked the way they animated this episode.

Actually it's
Union: Economy and money
HRL: Technology
AEU: Private army and noob "aces"
Not sure how the Union makes use of economy and money to fight the Gundams.

The Flag represents the pinnacle of Union technology which most defintely surpasses any other MS fielded by any other faction save for CB. Then you got Graham's custom version which includes several enhancments such as anti-beam coating and an high powered rifle.

For the HRA I'm not sure if technology is the right word for their use of super soldiers which to me seems another field.

As for the AEU, I don't think they are putting much effort or hope on Patrick...
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:40   Link #46
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Not sure how the Union makes use of economy and money to fight the Gundams.

The Flag represents the pinnacle of Union technology which most defintely surpasses any other MS fielded by any other faction save for CB. Then you got Graham's custom version which includes several enhancments such as anti-beam coating and an high powered rifle.

For the HRA I'm not sure if technology is the right word for their use of super soldiers which to me seems another field.

As for the AEU, I don't think they are putting much effort or hope on Patrick...
How about:
Union: Research and development and really cool aces?
HRL: Supersoldier programs?
AEU: Private military companies and their number one ace with an undefeated 2000 win record in...simulation battles?
Old 2007-11-10, 21:40   Link #47
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

While the idea of Ali calling Setsuna by a pet name and commenting on how Setsuna's eyes used to be so pretty in the past sounds hilarious and all, a better comparison would be Ali as Zaidou. At least that is the impression I have.

Cheers.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:52   Link #48
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
How about:
Union: Research and development and really cool aces?
HRL: Supersoldier programs?
AEU: Private military companies and their number one ace with an undefeated 2000 win record in...simulation battles?
They all have cool aces. HRL's got Sergei, who nearly crushed Exia's head, Union's got Graham who pushes his limit to fight Exia, and Ali literally got Exia on the run. Not even sure if Patrick registers as an ace. Maybe on Halo but not in real life....

Holy crap....Exia's getting all the attention here. None of the other gundams get love It's like they don't even exist.

If we finalize this then we get.

Union: MSWAD (Technology)
HRL: Supersoldiers (Cybernetically enhanced soldiers)
AEU: Outside assistance (Contract mercenaries)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:53   Link #49
Geass
~Power of the King~

Thumbs up

Quote:
They all have cool aces. HRL's got Sergei, who nearly crushed Exia's head, Union's got Graham who pushes his limit to fight Exia, and Ali literally got Exia on the run. Not even sure if Patrick registers as an ace. Maybe on Halo but not in real life....

Holy crap....Exia's getting all the attention here. None of the other gundams get love

If we finalize this then we get.

Union: MSWAD (Technology)
HRL: Supersoldiers (Cybernetically enhanced soldiers)
AEU: Outside assistance (Contract mercenaries)
Patrick training on Halo....I like the way you think.

Looks good to me!
Old 2007-11-10, 21:55   Link #50
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
While the idea of Ali calling Setsuna by a pet name and commenting on how Setsuna's eyes used to be so pretty in the past sounds hilarious and all, a better comparison would be Ali as Zaidou. At least that is the impression I have.

Cheers.
you think? seemed to me Ali was doing that whole hunger for battle cliche with his comments at the beginning and how he acted when taking on Exia at the end. I'd say that if anyone could be compared to Zaidou right now, it'd be the cool, collected and emotionally detached Setsuna.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:02   Link #51
Geass
~Power of the King~

According to my calculations Patrick lasted a grand total of 20 seconds in his "fight" with Tieria, keep trying ace.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:07   Link #52
digi.amuro

Only seen the raws, but...
1. Sumeragi
2. The guy w/ the new toys for CB=Howard from Wing
3. Oooo, SumeragiXBilly. That could be interesting.
4. I lawl'd at the return of Orange-kun.
5. I see they implemented my idea for the rotating shields. Looks good.
6. I still cant figure out why the character designer gave Tieria such lame attire. He's like the worst gundam pilot evar, in turns of fashion sense, if he's got any.
7. Animation quality dipped in certain scenes, but overall, I thought they were fine
8. Ali seemed pretty cool.
9. Man, Setsuna, its looking bad for you next time. Well all I can say is hurry up and get stronger.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:11   Link #53
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
According to my calculations Patrick lasted a grand total of 20 seconds in his "fight" with Tieria, keep trying ace.
well, he was also the first survivor of a Tiera attack. that's got to be worth something.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:29   Link #54
Bocca
Banned

I'm starting to think Exia is considered to be the 'easiest' to capture or Setsuna has all the bad luck.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:39   Link #55
Cherudim Arche

I think the fight scenes with dynames and virtue remind me of altron and deathcythe hell double debut. Exia might need to change tactic with those blades or he will be in trouble against newer units. Kyrios was all right with the trap and blast tatic though.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:45   Link #56
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Everyone likes Exia, huh?

Setsuna is popular with men
Old 2007-11-10, 22:52   Link #57
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocca View Post
I'm starting to think Exia is considered to be the 'easiest' to capture or Setsuna has all the bad luck.
Or other gundam meisters have all good luck, especially Allelujah. He has avoided direct conflicts with Graham, Soma, and Seigei already.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:53   Link #58
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocca View Post
Setsuna's also the worst pilot. Tieria knows what the hell he's doing, Lockon despite his antics has a micro supercomputer in the cockpit with him and is definitely on top of his game, and Allelujah is certainly utilizing his gundam to its full potential. In the meantime, Setsuna nearly lost his head and is the only one that's actually having trouble with single mobile suits. Not to mention he's a completely emo bastard, whereas Lockon is an easygoing friendly guy, Allelujah is overall just a really sweet, swell person (when his evil side doesn't take over ), and Tieria doesn't really interact with people, which is why he doesn't know proper fashion.

In the meantime, Setsuna's a dumbass introvert that's not winning any friends. Seriously, who the hell turns down gifts just for the hell of it? Stupid moron needs to get over his past and lighten up, and he'll become better a pilot if he actually puts some heart into it, rather than simply taking everything as a "roger" mission.

Unlike Heero, if you flung Setsuna from point blank from a large explosion into the ground, he'd probably die. Heero was superhuman and could do just about anything he wanted to. Setsuna's just a punk.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:54   Link #59
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I'm not surprised everyone's going after Exia, actually. When you're piloting a Gundam painted in the all-too-visible red-blue-white scheme, and which does its fighting right in the enemy's face while its companions are either sniping, outmaneuvering, or simply pWning them....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
In the meantime, Setsuna's a dumbass introvert that's not winning any friends. Seriously, who the hell turns down gifts just for the hell of it?
Well, at least he doesn't detonate them.....
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 23:03   Link #60
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

How people can say Setsuna is the weakest Gundam Meister is beyond me. I mean, so far only he had fought the powerful aces such as Graham and Sergei and he still won. If it's other Meisters, they could have been beaten, it's a possibility. It's too early to say that Setsuna is the weakest Meister.

By the way, Gundams' armor is strong enough to take multiple hit of Enact's weapon and still no sigh of damage