AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-10, 21:34   Link #241
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
If the first ep is any indication, I'd say this is more seinen than shounen.
But NeoSam said that it's shounen here.

I don't think that it's the count. Chloe is still a peasant after all and that guy had a sad look on his face. A count would send a minion for her. The OP also shows her being carted off somewhere (1:03). Maybe that person is from the Church. There is another lady similarly dressed like that guy in the cart too.

Maybe we get to see the Church smackdown from Chloe's perspective.
Old 2008-01-10, 21:45   Link #242
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I believe you may be right, orion.

And ffs, just how many groups are going to sub this? Who wants to bet on who'll drop it first?
Old 2008-01-10, 21:48   Link #243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
And ffs, just how many groups are going to sub this? Who wants to bet on who'll drop it first?
I don't see why it matters if so many groups decide to sub this. I guess it's good news!
Old 2008-01-10, 21:54   Link #244
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Got my first copy of Ookami volume 1. This is a thick book. Possibly twice as thick as regular light novels, so it'll be a treat. Although the book is rather dialogue heavy, if IMAGIN does a decent job, I don't think we'll have to worry about the series being slow. I'm so brimming with spoilerific material that I should shut up now In short: Horo is awesome.
Old 2008-01-10, 21:55   Link #245
TrueKnight

I also thought that the old guy in black was a Church offical, hell even an inquisitor or something. Maybe he picked/arrested Chloe (as shown in the OP) because she was the star of the pagan festival and the Church probably dislikes pagan-stuff. Me thinks that somewhere in the future we'd see some burn-in-stake stuff, or maybe since the setting is around the Rennaissance then the inquisition probably had already cool off. Since the Church guard said that they were not as brute/disciplined as they used to be, hence more lenient...
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 21:56   Link #246
gummi
Chi~~

Quote:
Wow.. 3 groups starting fansubbing on the first episode.. or am I blind?
gummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 21:57   Link #247
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why it matters if so many groups decide to sub this. I guess it's good news!
I didn't mean for my statement to sound negative. I'm just wondering who'll drop it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danky View Post
Wow.. 3 groups starting fansubbing on the first episode.. or am I blind?
Four, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Got my first copy of Ookami volume 1. This is a thick book. Possibly twice as thick as regular light novels, so it'll be a treat. Although the book is rather dialogue heavy, if IMAGIN does a decent job, I don't think we'll have to worry about the series being slow. I'm so brimming with spoilerific material that I should shut up now In short: Horo is awesome.
Where did you buy it from? That reminds me, I need to order the next issue of the rag the manga's being published in...
Old 2008-01-10, 21:58   Link #248
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed. I think it's good to have at least two to compare. I like the BSS one with the phrasing and grammar: everything flows smoothly. Infinite-Zero's, however, rephrases things in ways that are, at certain points, easier to understand. Like the little bit in the beginning about the wheat and the wolves, before the show proper starts. Having at least two subs available means we have two chances to figure out what something means rather than just one.

Anyway. I like the first episode enough that I'll stick with this for a little while, at least. See where it goes.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 21:59   Link #249
gummi
Chi~~

Okay my bet is on that Studio group.. they seem far from consistent in any of there releases.
gummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 22:14   Link #250
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
I also thought that the old guy in black was a Church offical, hell even an inquisitor or something. Maybe he picked/arrested Chloe (as shown in the OP) because she was the star of the pagan festival and the Church probably dislikes pagan-stuff. Me thinks that somewhere in the future we'd see some burn-in-stake stuff, or maybe since the setting is around the Rennaissance then the inquisition probably had already cool off. Since the Church guard said that they were not as brute/disciplined as they used to be, hence more lenient...
Well, money and education was being pumped into that town by the count so it may all be connected with the Church trying to stop the pagan ritual.

Then again a good old fashion arrest, torture and stake burning also can be an effective conversion method.

Maybe she's going to be exorcized because in theory she's possessed by Horo.
Old 2008-01-10, 22:15   Link #251
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Where did you buy it from? That reminds me, I need to order the next issue of the rag the manga's being published in...
YesAsia carries most of your Japanese bookstore needs (with free shipping if you buy enough to boot).

By the way, according to the official website, the third DVD contains テレビ未放送話, or an unaired-on-television episode! I wonder what it will be?
Old 2008-01-10, 22:17   Link #252
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Well, I'd much rather improve Perian than stay up till 3 am subbing something someone else can do.

This AnimeLink sub spelled "TORENNI" as "Tranny"...
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 22:22   Link #253
orion

Quote:
By the way, according to the official website, the third DVD contains テレビ未放送話, or an unaired-on-television episode! I wonder what it will be?
That sucks. We won't see that until someone subs the DVD version.
Old 2008-01-10, 22:24   Link #254
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
YesAsia carries most of your Japanese bookstore needs (with free shipping if you buy enough to boot).

Ah, I thought they were mostly chinese novels. I can't find some of the stuff I want there in Japanese. Oh well, thanks for reminding me.
Old 2008-01-10, 22:50   Link #255
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
...Sure, I'll gladly join in the ass kicking if he didn't catch on...but seeing him move his head sidewards when she was in that provocative position just shows that he is a man of honor
Honor and good sense. If he slept with her without marrying her, he would never be able to go near that village again. And I don't think he wants to end his travels and settle down. Moreover, he had a flash of Horo when he was looking at her. I think Horo had already gotten under his skin, both as woman and as potentially useful -- and potentially jealous? -- goddess.

He definitely realized what Chloe was doing and just decided to pretend he didn't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 23:56   Link #256
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Moreover, he had a flash of Horo when he was looking at her. I think Horo had already gotten under his skin, both as woman and as potentially useful -- and potentially jealous? -- goddess.
Technically if she's a fertility goddess, as is traditional for harvest spirits, I don't think she'd really have anything to complain about. On the other hand, it's not something I'd want to find out I was wrong about after it's too late.

But anyway, yeah, he knew what Chloe was saying on both levels. He's not dense, he just chose to act like it as an alternative to having to directly refuse her.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 00:46   Link #257
4Tran

In many ways, this is an ideal show for me. What I look for in anime, above all other factors, is interesting character interaction; and Okami to Koushinryou has it in spades. In fact, I'm pleased enough that, as long as it can maintain the current level of dialogue and characterization, I don't really care what they decide to do with the plot (or even if they have a plot).
Old 2008-01-11, 01:12   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Truth.... I'd be fine with an entire series of the two of them just chatting in the cart as they drive along with occasional adventures in town.
Old 2008-01-11, 01:16   Link #259
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Truth.... I'd be fine with an entire series of the two of them just chatting in the cart as they drive along with occasional adventures in town.
Yeah wouldn't be bothered by it at all. Horo is an interesting character . Her and Lawrence going around and interacting with towns along the way wouldn't be a bad way to spend a series. First episode really drew me into this one.
Old 2008-01-11, 02:11   Link #260
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for episode 2 preview:

Still following the manga as far as I can tell.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen