AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-03, 18:19   Link #10961
Ashaman

Could they actually stop her?

Tokiwadai would have little to nothing to do with her at that point, though the higher ups might have something to say.

Oh, and chap 2 part 1 of vol 20 is up.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:24   Link #10962
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Could they actually stop her?

Tokiwadai would have little to nothing to do with her at that point, though the higher ups might have something to say.

In regards to Tokiwadai, they are the only ones with 2 Level 5s enrolled, I doubt they will say "Oh, our L5 is changing school" and "OK, just let her be"...

When it comes to the power of influence behind the scenes the directors can be
quite something and I doubt his father could do something besides some complains.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:25   Link #10963
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
WW3 started in October 19, the incident involving the last three books are on the 31th October which is also the last day of the war. So he has been gone for about 2 weeks give or take as we don't know the gap between vol 22 and NTv1, possibly only a week added to that.
Kamijou was absent from School from mid October to something like mid November (NT happens in November, but we don't know when), that's roughly a month. At the start of the novel Kamijou pointed out that he skipped a complete semester worth of lessons and for that he needed to take a 1 week supplementary lessons. If he failed the supplementary lessons then supplementary supplementary lessons would ensue, and then if that went bad then supplementary supplementary supplementary lessons would come and so on, it seems that his school is pretty lax on approving students (considering that it's supposed to be a "low level" "low budget" school that actually fits the bill).

Part 1 of chapter 2 of volume 20 has been updated.

Quote:
In regards to Tokiwadai, they are the only ones with 2 Level 5s enrolled, I doubt they will say "Oh, our L5 is changing school" and "OK, just let her be"...
It's pretty much hinted that each school has it's own means to develop students powers, they have their own take on the power development program; for that the schools need good programs and good test subjects, so yeah; I doubt that they would just let go of a level 5, and it would be pretty easy to influence "transfer out" procedures in the same way that "transfer in" procedures are a drag.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:37   Link #10964
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Meister View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Part 1 of chapter 2 of volume 20 has been updated.

LMAO!

In order to not spoil that much the images thread...
Spoiler for Cyber-Frenda!!!:
Old 2011-06-03, 18:45   Link #10965
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well Tokiwadai can't hold on to her forever; otherwise why bother naming it a middle school -_-
Old 2011-06-03, 18:54   Link #10966
Breidaluk

looks like it was 12 days after the end of WW3, well.... according with NT chapter 1 part 6.
Old 2011-06-03, 19:01   Link #10967
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
looks like it was 12 days after the end of WW3, well.... according with NT chapter 1 part 6.
If that's the case, NT1 takes place on November 12. Guess who has his birthday then?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-06-03, 19:04   Link #10968
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Pff Touma took out the Angel
Touma took out the Fianma

It even rhymes.....
Old 2011-06-03, 19:06   Link #10969
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
If that's the case, NT1 takes place on November 12. Guess who has his birthday then?
Santa.... san? Or you?

Quote:
“Oh, crap… If I had made myself slip in the snow, I could have naturally grabbed onto you and shown you my panties opening up all sorts of new paths.”

“Yes, I get it. Today, you’re the king. So just get going.”
Yes, she is .

EDIT:
Vol 20 Chapter 2 Part 2#Part_2

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-06-03 at 22:46.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:06   Link #10970
Ashaman

Quote:
Well Tokiwadai can't hold on to her forever; otherwise why bother naming it a middle school -_-
Pretty much what I meant.

Remember, Tokiwadai = Middle School

A Certain High School = well, a High School

They could try to influence her to go into a more prestigous high school, but in the end it is her own decision, and there isn't much they can do to stop her if she's determined.

The Higher ups are a whole different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Are you by any chance refering to this line?

Quote:
“…Despite the fact that World War Three ended in twelve days
Because if so...

Last edited by Ashaman; 2011-06-04 at 02:18.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:24   Link #10971
tsunade666

Quote:

The Higher ups are a whole different story.
And the higher ups are always involve in that kind of thing specially for the level 5 cases. They can't just let a level 5 go to some no name high school. For publicity sake though Aleister probably don't care about it. But the other directors cares for the image and the power of academy city.
Old 2011-06-04, 02:48   Link #10972
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And the higher ups are always involve in that kind of thing specially for the level 5 cases. They can't just let a level 5 go to some no name high school. For publicity sake though Aleister probably don't care about it. But the other directors cares for the image and the power of academy city.
This isn't the kind of thing they can force their way through; this isn't the same thing as those underground activities that they do whatever they want because people won't find out, if they push too hard the whole city would get suspicious.
Old 2011-06-04, 03:46   Link #10973
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
How does Mikoto going to prestigious High School affect the city? The only image and power that would be affected would be of the the High School that managed to get the Lv5 Esper but we don't know if any of Directors care about the prestige of High Schools.
Old 2011-06-04, 04:02   Link #10974
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Pretty much what I meant.
Remember, Tokiwadai = Middle School
It has been specifically stated that where Misaka goes it's the Tokiwadai Middle School and that it's only a middle school. And simply there is absolutely no way that "Tokiwadai" is just a middle school, it's obvious that either they have a Tokiwadai highschool, or a highschool that goes for another game.

Considering that Tokiwadai is always one of the most influential schools thinking that Tokiwadai is just a middle school would be like having this very strong political party and having them run only for major positions without getting involved with the senate nor presidential elections nor anything. Things simply don't work like that.
Old 2011-06-04, 04:29   Link #10975
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
It has been specifically stated that where Misaka goes it's the Tokiwadai Middle School and that it's only a middle school. And simply there is absolutely no way that "Tokiwadai" is just a middle school, it's obvious that either they have a Tokiwadai highschool, or a highschool that goes for another game.

Considering that Tokiwadai is always one of the most influential schools thinking that Tokiwadai is just a middle school would be like having this very strong political party and having them run only for major positions without getting involved with the senate nor presidential elections nor anything. Things simply don't work like that.
That's speculation; no where did they ever mention a high school affiliated with Tokiwadai, in name or otherwise. It has only ever been Tokiwadai Middle School.
Old 2011-06-04, 05:47   Link #10976
shinryu43

Talking

Quote:
I think this is not the place to ask that but you want the raw? in image raw format or in text raw format?
I want the text please!! thanks!! just PM it to me!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!
Old 2011-06-04, 18:10   Link #10977
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
That's speculation; no where did they ever mention a high school affiliated with Tokiwadai, in name or otherwise. It has only ever been Tokiwadai Middle School.
In fact, I can't remember where, but I seem to recall someone in the novels saying that it's only a middle school. Could be wrong though.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-06-04, 20:42   Link #10978
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Volume 20 Chapter 2 Part 3 and 4

What the hell? Infinite Parachute Works?! Power Suits that can dodge cannon?! Somehow I had a flashback to when I was playing [Red Alert] as a kid when I read that Academy City is building bases all over the place But it seems the Russians figure out that Academy City's tactics is to undermine their will to fight by showing them that they don't even have to get serious to win- Which honestly is a more intelligent objective than just killing everybody that opposes them.

For one thing, it makes them look like the good guys in the World's point of view, for another it hammers home the point that fighting them is useless.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:34   Link #10979
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

All I'm seeing is that Academy City is looking like asses
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-06-04, 22:49   Link #10980
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
All I'm seeing is that Academy City is looking like asses
So you're of the opinion that they should just burn Russia and be done with it?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen