Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-08-01, 22:00   Link #1
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

EMDAS 2011 - August ("There's Always Tomorrow") Entry Thread

Entries! (August 1-22)
Welcome to the August EMDAS Writing Competition!
Theme: "There's Always Tomorrow"

July Winner: lordshadowisle - "Search"

This month's theme is "There's Always Tomorrow". "You must include the entire theme phrase somewhere in your entry." -lordshadowisle

Entries must be submitted by August 22 (check countdown). You are permitted to post drafts and updates on this page; to submit a final copy, update the post with Final Entry written along with it. Once you have done this, you are not allowed to edit your entry any further, so be sure to fully proofread it before doing so.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-08-03 at 00:55.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 20:50   Link #2
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Seems like this EMDAS got forgotten in the mist of all the discussion this month Wonder if there will be any entries this month.
Old 2011-08-15, 20:50   Link #3
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Heck yeah, just umm...getting...my thoughts going.

IWASLAZINGAROUNDPLZFORGIVEME
Old 2011-08-19, 06:33   Link #4
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Entry time! No more procratinati...umm...brainstorming.

Spoiler for Entry:
Old 2011-08-21, 08:13   Link #5
lordshadowisle

Probably going to sit this one out...

To be entirely honest though, the theme does lend itself to procrastination
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 05:21   Link #6
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Oh dear. I'm probably going to be the only one.
Old 2011-08-22, 17:11   Link #7
Suomi
Kaiba

everyone's back to school, that's why :/ those who are in school anyway.
I'd enter if I had any good ideas >p<
Old 2011-08-22, 17:14   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

You know what’s the most annoying thing in the world? To write something, then completely lose it. This one will have to be a little rough since I don't have time and just sort of wrote it fast.

As usual the limit got in the way and had to trim it down again. Should probably just aim to make them shorter from the start, orz. Full version can be read here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=11 (scroll down towards the chapter title)

1485 words, final entry

Knightmare
Act II - Night Eternal

Chivalry

Several hours pass and Winter and his gang of hooligans manage to track the mercenaries trail though the narrow gaps in the mountains.
“I think I heard something…” said one of the mercenaries from the rear
“Something, big?” said another
“No. Probably small.” replied the man
“Scared of wild rabbit now. Like last time! Hahaha…” said another from the right flank
“Cut it both of ya. This ain’t no time for talking.” said one in front
“Just having a little friendly chat gramps.” replied the man on the right
“It’s not like this assignment is anything special either.”
“What are we after again? A damn bone? A trained dog could do this job…”
The old man in front wanted to reply but a cough stole his voice for a moment. The men on the left and middle started snikering and couldn’t help jocking about it as well.
“To get so many able men just for one bone lying on the ground in plain sight. This is some loonie rich bastard we got boys.” said a man in the middle ranks
“Ain’t all of them like that? A while back one client hired me to kill his nephews neighbours dogs.” said the man next to him
“The damn muts were all the way in the next town, what the hell was his problem.”
“Hey, beats sabotaging your neighborhoods shit holes. Compared to that this dog-job is royalty treatment.” said a large man with a hammer
“Cut that crap all of you…” said the old man after regaining his voice
“Save your damn bed time stories for your grandchildren, if you live that long.”
“As you know this mountain is home of the meh-teh.”
“And as you also know they are very shy and docile, and eat the leaves and bark of trees and shit.”
“Here’s what you butt heads don’t know. They are extremely social, particularly when it comes to their dead.”
“And the reason you don’t know this is because nobody has come back alive to tell ya.”
“Wait we talking about the same peaceful snowmen here. Got proof gramps.” said the soldier from the back
“I’ve seen bones. Bones with holes and scratches no other animal in these parts could make.” said the old man
“And you want to know the best part, all of them, each and one of them was asked to get this same dog job done.”
“I hope you youngsters aren’t all bark, or we’ll die like dogs as well.”
“If the client knew why didn’t he tell us.” said the man on the right
“You a greenhorn boy. If no shit happens he can just pay you the peanuts for retrieving a bone.” said the old man
“Hell, if some of us die even better.” said the man in the middle
The men track in silence for a while, all but the old man emerged in thoughts on how to get pay back on the client. This helps Winter keep a low profile, and pass unnoticed, but also also allows for certain other things to pass unnoticed too.

Meanwhile in the depths Lilet covered with the red banners from before, approaches the town on a wooden bridge over the endless abyss. Before her a giant door, for what seems to be a citadel. She’s anxious at first but as the thoughts fade she simply puts one hand on the door and shoves. Much to her surprise the door creeps open and dust falls from it’s hinges. As anyone could figure, the door had not been opened in a long long time. She walks forward climbs some stairs and before her a city. A dead city, an seemingly abandoned city. She walks around, but finds nothing, not even a sort of animal. She searches the houses but only finds dust. On one hand she’s relieved, yet at the same time the feeling of loneliness, of losing everything, of not having anything to even be afraid of, of being totally and utterly alone in the world, just grows ever deeper. She thus just stops, sits down and waits. Minutes pass, hours pass. Slowly she starts to fall asleep. And then a voice slowly begins to echo in her head, “wake up” and then louder “wake up now!”. She wakes up slightly but her eyes are still heavy, her thoughts still heavy. And then the voice echoes even louder “Have you forgotten what I said!”, “Louse yourself, and you’ll louse your life”. And hearing Mephisto’s words Lilet jumps back on her feet and starts to draw breath, uncontrollably, as if she’d had a near death experience all over again. She franticly asks Mephisto what just happens between breaths but he doesn’t answer her calling. Moments later she recovers fully but just as soon as she gets back fully on her feet a surge of pain raices though her whole body and she falls on her knee.
“Relax.” said Mephisto in her head
“It’s not your fault, this time.”
“What’s not my fault.” said Lilet
“Well, the pain is your fault.” said Mephisto
“Because you nearly killed yourself just now the experience is a lot more vivid then it should be.”
“But jumping to the point, remember the medium you mistakenly though was the reaper.”
“It would appear someone with a great wish to live, just died holding it.”
“It’s nobody useful, so you could just break the link, but given your state…”
“Just spit it out.” said Lilet
“You could posses that person.” said Mephisto
“What!? Ugh… are you mad!” said Lilet feeling even more pain
“I know it’s not the prettiest thing in the world, but.” said Mephisto
“If you posses them enough your powers will heal their wounds, and in a way save their miserable existence."
“Now doesn’t that sound knight like.”
“Or is that those silly mortal ideals of yours die just a moment ago.”
“Either way I suggest you pick soon, before you break apart.”
Mephisto goes silent after that. She focuses and the pain suddenly goes away, as does her vision. Before her darkness. Slowly her vision comes to her, it’s then that she realizes she’s in water and sinking. Above her the sun is shining down into the depths. She feels relaxed, and as she looks to her left there’s a boy next to her, dead. Lilet is confused, but as her hearing starts to kick in and she reaches the bottom she can faintly hear the sound of metal banging. And so she swims towards the surface. But what she finds is is not a battle but a massacre. A few men fighting for dear life and tripping on the corpses of their comrades.

Out of what seems like a dozen, three remained fighting huge white beasts with four arms, a giant tail and teeth as big and sharp as horns. Before she can even blink one of the men gets crushed under a giant rock and another gets his head ripped right off. All that’s left is an old man bloodly and wounded he falls on his ass and as the beasts close the old man can taste his last breath in this world and starts whispering prayers to his gods and gripping the axe in his hand tighter and tighter. Slowly words of prayers turn to words of mercy and then words of desperation of a man at the end of his road: “There’s always tomorrow. There’s always tomorrow.” he repeats to himself in a scared voice. Lilet can feel the blood boiling in her and as she looks at her hand she sees the familiar handle. She races towards the white beasts, and as she does the repear’s medium materializes into a sword again. She chops one’s hand off and kicks another into the ground with her superhuman strength. As she does blood smears all over the snow, but it’s not the beast’s blood, it’s her blood. While her strength is limitless the body of the little girl she possessed is not. Between the trees she can sense ten more of the four eyed bests encroaching in. She pauses for a moment and then runs towards the old man at high speed, and grabs him. And with him in hand runs even faster. As she runs the beasts chase and growl, and much to her misfortune more growls can be heard in the distance in response.
“Are you… sent by the gods. Uhghu!” said the old coughing blood
“Uh… Worse. I was sent by the devil.” said Lilet
“What. You serious. Ha-ha” said the old man dazed and confused
“Dead, serious.” said Lilet facing him
“You! You’re the girl… the girl, I, killed.” said the old man
Old 2011-08-23, 00:39   Link #9
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowisle View Post
Probably going to sit this one out...