AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-11, 22:48   Link #1141
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, I'll probably head down to a store to get some Eva manga. The Ikari Shinji Raising Project manga is fanfiction in manga format, but I'll take it, thanks.
Old 2009-05-11, 22:55   Link #1142
Vicious108

Well as far as manga is concerned I only really care for the main series, and even Rebuild ought to come out sooner than a next chapter for that.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 23:05   Link #1143
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

I think Mari will have great importance for Shinji and will be a rival for Asuka. I don't know, i just feel that way.

My main question is: When she will make her appearance? She will fight the Eva 3 with the others? Doesn't seem so, but if she did not and everything go the way we know, Shinji will get out of the nerv before the middle of the movie.

I was hoping to see the eva 3 going in a couple of fights before the infection, a shame. Touji will never get some love...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 07:54   Link #1144
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVcBSZdSN0

For those who like youtube.

Looks kickin', besides the few annoying use of CG. However, I think those will be worked on before release.
Wow, have not seen that one, thanks ~

The animation seems so top-notch, i am like spazzing non-stop. Let us hope, the second movie, will be as epic as the first one. {even more}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 07:59   Link #1145
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Well as far as manga is concerned I only really care for the main series, and even Rebuild ought to come out sooner than a next chapter for that.
Well, I treat the Ikari Shinji manga as fanfiction fluff. A guilty pleasure, along with my few volumes by Mayu Shinjo...

On topic though, more pics of Mari by YS ought to do the job for me, in B&W if possible.
Old 2009-05-12, 08:33   Link #1146
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I was hoping to see the eva 3 going in a couple of fights before the infection, a shame. Touji will never get some love...
Indeed. He's got to be one of the most screwed over characters in anime history, poor guy.

Gotta wonder though, if they'll go with his anime or manga fate. For some reason I think they'll go with the manga's version this time around.
Old 2009-05-12, 08:41   Link #1147
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, since in the anime, after the accident, the only time we se him again is when Hikari visits him, getting him entirely out of the picture wouldn't affect the narrative much.
Old 2009-05-12, 08:55   Link #1148
Vicious108

Yeah, true that. And with all the new stuff they're adding, they probably won't even have time for the Hikari scene, so I could see him suffering the same fate as the manga in Rebuild. Though yes, in the end it wouldn't make much of a difference. Which says a lot about how regrettable his situation is, but oh well.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:48   Link #1149
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Indeed. He's got to be one of the most screwed over characters in anime history, poor guy.

Gotta wonder though, if they'll go with his anime or manga fate. For some reason I think they'll go with the manga's version this time around.
I'm cheering for him to just get out of this totally fine, hehe. Not because Touji is my favorite character from the series, but because i think it's too soon for Shinji to get an emotional breakdown for killing his friend and get out of Nerv. We still got a couple of movies to go.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:52   Link #1150
RisArk

Touji's bad ending will probably happen at the end of the movie, then the 3rd short film will be Shinji's recovery, then 4th is Kaworu's end+EoE.

Reminds me of the TTGL movie where they saved all the generals for last instead of spreading them out.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 22:57   Link #1151
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yeah, but the main problem is Mari. I don't think the fight with Eva 3 will be the same with the Eva 5 into it, unless they use an excuse to put her out of the fight.

Since Mari's debut gonna be on this movie, or the fight with Touji is before her entrance or something happens with her... Or Touji just beat the crap out of her like he did with the other girls, hehe.
Old 2009-05-13, 05:28   Link #1152
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post
Touji's bad ending will probably happen at the end of the movie, then the 3rd short film will be Shinji's recovery, then 4th is Kaworu's end+EoE.

Reminds me of the TTGL movie where they saved all the generals for last instead of spreading them out.
Stop thinking in established storyline terms. Anno has made it clear that 2.0 will be the diverging point, where the story will no longer be recognizable from the original series/movies/manga. Touji will be out of the picture early in the movie, and the story will move towards completely original content.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 06:56   Link #1153
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Wow, then i can't wait to see how the fight with the eva 3 is gonna end. Cause i can't really imagine Shinji continuing to fight even if Touji get out of that safe and clean. Shinji was really bad because he hurt Touji in the first one, but even if that didn't happen, there's still the dummy issue.

Also, Kaworu gonna debut in this movie too, right? Cause there's the eva from the moon and i can't imagine anyone else being the pilot.
Old 2009-05-13, 11:26   Link #1154
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Seems like Angels are getting a mega makeover this time round, not just the one that creates ice in the last trailer.

In this new trailer, at 0:28, you see an Angel that looks like a clock and 0:30, a backbone, spine-like Angel which is being chased by EVA-05 down the railway tunnel.

Ice, time, spine, we've no such angels last time. Could there be Angels of Ice, Time and Spine from the Dead Sea Scrolls? Or are these complete redesigns of the original Angels.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2009-05-13 at 11:56.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 11:47   Link #1155
Tormenk

I figure the new designs and effects are just newer takes on the original Angel's abilities. Ice is a nice change from the spider-Angel Matariel, which is named for the Angel of Rain.

The clock-like angel could be Leliel, Angel of Night. Day and night is strongly related to time, not to mention Shinji did spend over 16 hours within that Angel so a clock-like appearance is a nice touch to it.

As for the spine-like Angel? Armisael is the only likely candidate based on appearance. Though if Mari's fighting it as well that would definitely make for a nice divergence along the original events.

Though with all this new stuff, I can't help but wonder how much is being done for the 2nd movie. New character + different events + bunch of angels is a hard task to juggle. Not to mention there's always the feeling of shit going down again..

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 18:28   Link #1156
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokai View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVcBSZdSN0

For those who like youtube.

Looks kickin', besides the few annoying use of CG. However, I think those will be worked on before release.
Thanks for the link! ( I haven't seen Kaworu in it! )
I can't wait to watch it!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 20:53   Link #1157
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The Angel redesign theory is something I already mentioned having though about, though the question as to which Angel gets which design remains to be seen. Mmm, I hope that Zeruel stays mostly the same though.
Old 2009-05-14, 21:11   Link #1158
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Well as far as manga is concerned I only really care for the main series
Evangelion Re-Take, despite all its erotic content (which is close to null if you compare it to the insane amount of banal doujins out there) was a damn fine fan spinoff by itself.

Quote:
Ice, time, spine, we've no such angels last time. Could there be Angels of Ice, Time and Spine from the Dead Sea Scrolls? Or are these complete redesigns of the original Angels.
Perhaps it's really a sequel this time around. Or it could just be Gainax being facetious.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 21:54   Link #1159
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Perhaps it's really a sequel this time around. Or it could just be Gainax being facetious.
We're not yet at the point of divergence, which apparently is the upcoming movie. At this point it's all speculation and no proof... And really, Occam's Razor fails in this case.
Old 2009-05-16, 16:49   Link #1160
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

some great news

I would totally get the sneakers
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie, remake