Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-21, 07:41   Link #281
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm a bit confused, why doesn't every girl like the main character like in every other harem genre, or is that simply out dated why of thinking?
You need to pay more attention to this thread.
Old 2007-10-21, 07:45   Link #282
Tiberium Wolf

I have just read the scanlated chs and... the story is totally different.
Old 2007-10-21, 07:47   Link #283
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
For good or for bad, ill just treat it as two separate universes thankyouverymuch

and im sure both versions have its merits ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:04   Link #284
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I have just read the scanlated chs and... the story is totally different.
You know what?

There's 3 DIFFERENT KimiKiss manga adaptions, and the 2nd adaption, ~various heroines~ aka the one you're reading scanlated, has each volume totally different from the other, since it's a "one girl route" per volume. First volume is Mao which it's scanlation is coming to an end at the end of the festival just like the game, and the 2nd volume is soccer girl, Asuka.

The same can be said for a lot of franchises, actually. Like Mai-Hime. The manga/anime/game are worlds of difference.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 08:36   Link #285
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
You know what?

There's 3 DIFFERENT KimiKiss manga adaptions, and the 2nd adaption, ~various heroines~ aka the one you're reading scanlated, has each volume totally different from the other, since it's a "one girl route" per volume. First volume is Mao which it's scanlation is coming to an end at the end of the festival just like the game, and the 2nd volume is soccer girl, Asuka.

The same can be said for a lot of franchises, actually. Like Mai-Hime. The manga/anime/game are worlds of difference.
Oh there are .
Old 2007-10-21, 12:17   Link #286
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Episode 3 was great. I was grinning from ear-to-ear the entire episode, despite the episode not having a stint of solid comedy, but the lighthearted drama and romantic fluff was... very nice. Although it's no longer the KimiKiss of the game, it's evoking similar kind of feelings from what I've got playing it (( those character interaction scenes in the game NEVER ceases to put a smile on my face )) even if different in execution, so I'm not complaining.

So far, I'm finding KimiKiss to be the most solid school romance series 3 episodes in for fall.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-21, 19:43   Link #287
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Uuuh. First, Ef - A Tale of Memories and now this. Between the two I'm never going to be able to keep up with the massive amount of characters. In fact, the only character whose name I can remember is Mao. A little early for judgment, but I think my favorite character is the guy's shy classmate who he likes. I swear I WILL learn all of these names
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 19:54   Link #288
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I swear I WILL learn all of these names
I know what you mean. And not only these one but a whole bunsh of them with alot of characters. Ahhh I need to know who people are talking about
Old 2007-10-21, 21:28   Link #289
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 02:27   Link #290
jzmagic
flargansbog

This reminds me a Boys-Be

Oh for anyone whos read the manga, do the pairings follow through with whats been set from the first couple of episodes? I'm hoping for Sana x Mao
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 02:47   Link #291
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Uuuh. First, Ef - A Tale of Memories and now this. Between the two I'm never going to be able to keep up with the massive amount of characters. In fact, the only character whose name I can remember is Mao. A little early for judgment, but I think my favorite character is the guy's shy classmate who he likes. I swear I WILL learn all of these names
"Massive amount of characters" ? Then you should try negima.
Old 2007-10-22, 07:20   Link #292
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka View Post
Maybe be this is what you need~ I find it useful too since some people use the first names (Yuumi) and some prefer the family name (Hoshino)~

Spoiler for Official KimiKiss Char Name+Class Chart:

It's a touch too small to read on my laptop, but I think it should be readable on most peoples monitors.
Man that really helps.People have been talking with names and i have been completly lost.
Old 2007-10-22, 07:48   Link #293
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
4 boys and 6 girls...might be come cat fighting soon

(unless akira and the other girls arent going to get any focus...).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 08:12   Link #294
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
This reminds me a Boys-Be

Oh for anyone whos read the manga, do the pairings follow through with whats been set from the first couple of episodes? I'm hoping for Sana x Mao
The manga is all Kouichi x *insert girl* so... yeah, the anime is totally different and it's impossible to use previous source materials as a good judge of things. We'd probably see some scenes from the game making its way in (( pool, bowling, etc )) but in terms of pairing, no.

I'm rooting Kou1 x Mao as well, but the latest episode is making my conviction waver...

Anyway, Plum City Scanlations had just recently completed the scanlation of volume 1 (( not counting the omake )) for KimiKiss ~various heroines~, the Mao volume, so to speak, so maybe you can go and take a look. Next volume's going to be Asuka.

Old 2007-10-22, 10:47   Link #295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It sounds like manga and game fans should probably recalibrate and just call this KimiKiss Alternative. Personally, I'm enjoying watching the mesh relationships evolve (so far). I keep thinking the writers are going to wimp out and fall back into the simpler 'linear eroge' mode though. They do seem to be struggling with the situation a bit.
Old 2007-10-22, 17:26   Link #296
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

kimi lost to myself yourself forum wise
Old 2007-10-23, 06:12   Link #297
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
It seems so.
Thought I just watched episode 3 and it was plain awesome.
If the authors keep up like this, this anime will be the best show for me.
Actually i laughed at the library scene. I was surprised the authors turned the scene into something that hilarious. The joke about philosophy from the original is not really a joke compared to this.
I hope the authors can use their creative approach with Futami-san too. In the game, her story had a lot of funny moments.
By the way, the karaoke songs were from character cds. Too bad Asuka didnt tag along. Her song imo was nice.

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2007-10-23 at 06:14. Reason: grammar
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 22:12   Link #298
Siegel Clyne

KimiKiss pure rouge surpassing CLANNAD in discussion on 2ch's current anime board

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post

The situation is very different on Japan's huge 2ch forums.

As of the date and time of this post...

On 2ch's current anime board, Myself; Yourself is only on its 10th main thread. On the other hand, KimiKiss pure rouge is on its 51st main thread, and will soon surpass - if it has not already done so - CLANNAD, which is also on its 51st main thread.

Each completed 2ch thread consists of 1,000 responses.

Excluding Gundam 00 (which is also being heavily discussed on 2ch's New Char board), KimiKiss pure rouge appears to be the most discussed of the new Fall 2007 anime series at 2ch, at least on 2ch's current anime board.

Three anime series have their own boards at 2ch: Cardcaptor Sakura, Evangelion, and Gundam (two of them, New Char and Old Char {"Classic" Gundam}).

Not surprisingly, the Cardcaptor Sakura board at 2ch is pretty much dead these days.

The New Char board at 2ch has generated thousands of threads devoted to Gundam SEED DESTINY alone.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2007-10-23 at 22:46. Reason: Fixed a silly grammatical error or two.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-24, 00:31   Link #299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm not really surprised... Clannad starts off more slowly and, dare I say, mellow. Da Capo 2 came out of the gate with some fireworks. We'll see how it fares mid-series.
Old 2007-10-24, 02:34   Link #300
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm not really surprised... Clannad starts off more slowly and, dare I say, mellow. Da Capo 2 came out of the gate with some fireworks. We'll see how it fares mid-series.
That has very little to do with it, really. Besides, how did DC II come into the equation?

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen