AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-31, 04:39   Link #281
GyroidFanatic

It's both. It has the original P3 with additions, and a separate sequel mode.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 07:45   Link #282
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Vorpal blade, as with all other physical skills, just do note that at a certain point (usually when your level approaches or exceeds the enemies' level), it will stop giving you shuffle time even if you OHKO every enemy. Sure you might breeze through the levels faster with Vorpal Blade + boosts, but you don't get nearly enough out of the fight as you would if you get shuffle time. And at that point, the difference between a 9/10 minor arcana and a normal battle is too humongous to ignore, that it would be better to gang rape the mob (if you end the battle with it, it's the only 100% way of getting shuffle time).
Eh, not much of a problem. Last few parts of the sixth block have many enemies that are resistant/drain slash (dammit).

@MeganeShounen:
Indeed. Maralagidyne rocks.

Quote:
Besides, some of the Max Social Link events are worth experiencing, imho.
Gah, New Game+ here I come.

@Ledgem:
It's both games. For $30 brand new, to boot.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 07:58   Link #283
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@MeganeShounen
Lemme double check later, but I'm pretty sure that the Regenerate series recovers a set amount of HP, while the Badge items recovers a % of your HP. (Yes I know, it's very stupid as the Mark items are analagous to the Invigorate series) As such, even though they're passive recover HP skills, they're still technically not the same family. Thus they should stack, but again, lemme double check, as I dunno if your hp is high enough to warrant 30 HP healed just by the badge alone.

Going by memory, I remember that the Regenerate series were worthless as your HP still goes up upon leveling (and thus increasing HP drained done by physical skills) but the amount they regenerate isn't. At the end game, you might have like 400+ hp, but you only still recover 21 hp (I believe thats the right number) via Regen 3. Which is around 5% of your HP; which really pales in comparison to the usual 15-30% drain of the physical skills. (Even after armsmaster, most useful skills in the end game costs MUCH more than what Regen 3 recovers)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 09:40   Link #284
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Yeah... that's the problem with the Regenerate skills. They're pretty useful early on, but when you hit HP levels past 200, they suddenly don't do much as good anymore. The Invigorate skills, however, are still nifty at times. I think of them as "permanent SP reduction". Like... a normal Thunder Reign costs 30 SP, then you only need to deduct the 7 SP (Invigorate 3) from that.

Also, when being asked to pick either vanilla P3 or FES, get FES. It's the vanilla P3, plus a whole lot more.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 09:33   Link #285
Sciel
Etoilé

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...izabeth_00.jpg

WTFUX . Theres already a elizabeth figure in the works but no Yukari yet
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 11:14   Link #286
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...izabeth_00.jpg

WTFUX . Theres already a elizabeth figure in the works but no Yukari yet
Japan haet Yukari.
I want to buy Liz.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 00:36   Link #287
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Clearly, they're doing them in the order of my favorite characters from most to least favorite. (I kid, of course).

Need to pay for Mitsuru, then pre-order Liz. My poor, poor wallet.
Old 2008-06-06, 01:30   Link #288
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Bah Yukari.

Liz.
Old 2008-06-12, 23:53   Link #289
solarknight123

Hey guys i was wondering, does anyone know the requirements to
Spoiler for P3 FES"the journey":
Old 2008-06-13, 00:31   Link #290
Kagedanji

Talk to Junpei the proceeding three days and give him the right answers.

I think.
Old 2008-06-13, 00:44   Link #291
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Pretty much.

Even if there's a number of times that Junpei acts like a jerk towards Minato, just be a good guy and keep on urging him properly to remain by Chidori's side at all times. Basically, be a "matchmaker" or sorts.
Old 2008-06-13, 01:54   Link #292
Kagedanji

Matchmake with a dead goth and a goatee'd videogamer?
Old 2008-06-13, 03:29   Link #293
MeganeShounen
Huh?

That's a way of putting it.

Then again, they made Junpei in the image of "the normal teenager who just wants to be somebody".

Also, probably the most normal guy among the cast. His dad is a normal alcoholic, and is still alive. Doesn't have any "baggage" from his past, much unlike the rest of SEES (including Minato).
Old 2008-06-13, 18:21   Link #294
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
That's a way of putting it.

Then again, they made Junpei in the image of "the normal teenager who just wants to be somebody".

Also, probably the most normal guy among the cast. His dad is a normal alcoholic, and is still alive. Doesn't have any "baggage" from his past, much unlike the rest of SEES (including Minato).
which is why he's one on my favorites , thanks for the advice guys
Old 2008-06-13, 21:28   Link #295
solarknight123

btw i have another question that might come off as dumb, but you know when the main character and aigis summon a persona sometimes they say that persona's name, can they do that for all the persona in the game or just some of them?
Old 2008-06-13, 23:03   Link #296
MeganeShounen
Huh?

@solarknight123

Well, Igor DID say that his "guest" (Minato) had access to at least 160 different Personae (not including, of course, the Personae of his SEES co-members). That pretty much means that he can basically shout out the name of any Persona in his repertoire. While I haven't really tried fusing, equipping, and summoning each and every Persona there is... I bet he can call out those names.

tl;dr, the voice actor for Minato (Akira Ishida for the Japanese version, Yuri Lowenthal, who's also voicing Sasuke in the Naruto dub, in the English version) had to record at least 160 names.

This also applies to Aigis in Episode Aigis, but since it's pretty hard to get specific a Persona, due to the lack of a Compendium and the harder difficulty...

*still thinks that it's ironic for Aigis to summon Thanatos in Episode Aigis*
Old 2008-06-14, 17:44   Link #297
solarknight123

Quote:
@solarknight123

Well, Igor DID say that his "guest" (Minato) had access to at least 160 different Personae (not including, of course, the Personae of his SEES co-members). That pretty much means that he can basically shout out the name of any Persona in his repertoire. While I haven't really tried fusing, equipping, and summoning each and every Persona there is... I bet he can call out those names.

tl;dr, the voice actor for Minato (Akira Ishida for the Japanese version, Yuri Lowenthal, who's also voicing Sasuke in the Naruto dub, in the English version) had to record at least 160 names.

This also applies to Aigis in Episode Aigis, but since it's pretty hard to get specific a Persona, due to the lack of a Compendium and the harder difficulty...

*still thinks that it's ironic for Aigis to summon Thanatos in Episode Aigis*
oh ok thanks. I was going to try to summon all the personas i have in my inventory so far and hear their names said. I wish there was a way to trigger it instead of it being at random.
btw why do you think it's ironic for Aigis to summon Thanatos?
Old 2008-06-16, 12:01   Link #298
solarknight123

Say, is it true that Orpheus Telos can help defeat the hidden boss? if so, how in what way?
Old 2008-06-17, 07:34   Link #299
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
btw why do you think it's ironic for Aigis to summon Thanatos?
Well, didn't she have to seal Death into Minato 10 years back? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Say, is it true that Orpheus Telos can help defeat the hidden boss? if so, how in what way?
Spoiler for Elizabeth, wall of text ahoy:
Old 2008-06-17, 11:10   Link #300
solarknight123

Quote:
Well, didn't she have to seal Death into Minato 10 years back? Right?

Spoiler for Elizabeth, wall of text ahoy:
Wow
Spoiler for hidden boss:

Tags
ps2