AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-16, 18:24   Link #261
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Yeah, Bal Masque is pretty boring overall. I've always thought Shakugan no Shana has tremendously dull villains, though... Hecate's the only one I actually care about in the slightest. It's all about the protagonists for this one. I have faith that this season's ending wasn't just a red herring, though, and that the final scenes won't be brushed aside or ignored come the third season.
Considering they managed to brush aside the ending of S1 and kills the whole ambiance and totally reset any character development it created, I'm afraid they could do the same here.
Old 2009-09-16, 18:25   Link #262
GlancingReverse

I agree. I mean, not killing off Shana was understandable, but really, did they have to undo the love confession in order for the series to work? I would have liked it more if Yuji did actually hear Shana.
Old 2009-09-16, 18:47   Link #263
Akka

And perhaps we would not have endured a totally void S2 where basically nothing happened... :-/
Old 2009-09-19, 23:52   Link #264
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I also think the Bal Masque are terrible, and they should really find better villains. The main problem is that they were plastered all over season 2, and just grew to be more of an annoyance. They spent the whole time coming up with some convoluted plan and finally their super duper weapon shows up and quickly gets taken out. There was zero tension and most of the episode was forgettable. They probably should have thought of a way to wrap it up after Sabrac, or deal with Pheles again (who was severely underutilized). I thought the season was going along quite well (~13-21) until this last part.

The only thing of note was probably the ending where they finally showed something definite about the annoying romance triangle Hopefully they will finally get over this, since well, the show turned to crap every time Yoshida turned emo.... which was a lot.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2009-09-20 at 00:10.
Old 2009-09-21, 06:48   Link #265
Akka

Honestly, Yoshida doesn't bother me at all. In fact, she's the least annoying, considering she's the only character that is somewhat consistent. And she's the only one with the guts to actually DO something.

Shana is always like "it's decided, I will tell Yuji I love him !", and despite all her decisions (and the fact she already did it in S1 and it was handwaved in the most clichèd and pathetic way possible...), she ALWAYS fail to do so.

Yuji is even worse, he's just passive to the point I want to bash him through his desk, and is bordering on the pathologically dumb.

The whole triangle is a total failure, it's simply not believable and requires a constant idiot ball. Get on with it already...
Old 2010-01-23, 12:33   Link #266
brain
house music addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I read through (most of) this thread some time ago and just did a search in it for "footprints." I've been meaning to offer up my thoughts on that.

Since there's really no evidence that the footprints belong to any of the main cast, it occurred to me that the vanishing footprints may just simply be those of another torch disappearing. A symbolism that, in spite of things working out in the end, and the (apparent) happy ending for Shana, the world continues to go on as usual and they have a future of conflicts to overcome.

This makes me think of the line in the first Shana OP, "Hishoku no Sora:"

Once again, another light has fallen, it has quietly disappeared to somewhere
It’s the reality which doesn’t change day after day

I think it makes no sense for the footprints to be Yuuji's. He has Reiji Maigo restored, there's no reason for him to fade away. And the footprints clearly fade, they don't just suddenly stop as if someone leapt up and flew off.

The only other likelihood is Kazumi. But, just because she's left crying doesn't mean she would be desperate enough to use the hougu that Pheles left her and forfeit all of her power of existence. Pheles told her it was to be used to summon her if Yuuji/Johan was in trouble. I don't see Kazumi being so fragile and fatalistic as to waste it that way when she had the insight not to use it unwisely when Yuuji actually was in danger.

So... yeah.... the footprints are those of a stranger, another fading torch. A symbolism of the sad reality enveloping the mundane world.

Just a thought.
I'd buy that. I can't actually think of another logical explanation for a person in the SnS universe appearing to simply decrease in weight...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-01-23, 22:56   Link #267
Seitsuki
Onee!

Maybe they were attacked by a giant crab.
Old 2010-02-02, 06:36   Link #268
Xet
Storm of the 7 Heavens

Send a message via MSN to Xet
Something i thought i'd put here about those footprints not belonging to Shana/Yuji or Yuji carrying Shana (or possible vice-versa lol) is they come away from a Christmas tree which tbh looks like the one Shana was waiting at. I would be very surprised if it was something else.
Old 2010-04-26, 06:09   Link #269
gowfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xet View Post
Something i thought i'd put here about those footprints not belonging to Shana/Yuji or Yuji carrying Shana (or possible vice-versa lol) is they come away from a Christmas tree which tbh looks like the one Shana was waiting at. I would be very surprised if it was something else.
I totally agree with you!!! lol I watched the ending like 10x and kept thinking "who did yuji choose" and that christmas tree makes it clear. Also the expressions on shana's face is similar to only the times when Yuji is present.
Old 2010-04-27, 18:27   Link #270
Setsuna_F.Seiei
Mokyo kuchiki suru

Send a message via MSN to Setsuna_F.Seiei
Just finished watching Shakugan no Shana !(both season)
have to say i'm kinda disappointed with the way the anime ended ...we didn't get to see more fights in S2...lots of useless episodes (i would call them HS) personally i think they could have been able to do better
also the way shana smiled at the end shows very much who's the chosen one, wich is kinda disapointing !
Old 2010-07-04, 16:15   Link #271
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Sabrac's battle was better sure, but the ending's fight, and plot was still decent, I felt it did to give some meaning to the ending of first season, and Konoe arc. It was enough for the final episode to earn an 8 for me, better than most anime original stuff I've seen anyways . Though the ending song for it was simply awesome .

Also seeing "some" vague resolution to the love triangle is nice, assuming J.C. staff doesn't pull the same move as before D:.
MAL
Old 2011-10-01, 11:42   Link #272
Tatsumi Saiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Honestly, Yoshida doesn't bother me at all. In fact, she's the least annoying, considering she's the only character that is somewhat consistent. And she's the only one with the guts to actually DO something.

Shana is always like "it's decided, I will tell Yuji I love him !", and despite all her decisions (and the fact she already did it in S1 and it was handwaved in the most clichèd and pathetic way possible...), she ALWAYS fail to do so.

Yuji is even worse, he's just passive to the point I want to bash him through his desk, and is bordering on the pathologically dumb.

The whole triangle is a total failure, it's simply not believable and requires a constant idiot ball. Get on with it already...

LOL this sums up the series so well. I've been waiting to find someone/people that agree with me, about time. The show has so much going for it, yet they consistently screw it up.

A love triangle is only interesting to watch if you remotely care about the third. It NEVER works (at least for me) in a story in which the main characters are clearly supposed to be together. Why bother then? It's not fun to watch that, just annoying.

Who is honestly pulling for Yoshida...The entirety of her feelings for Yuji (as far as we are concerned) sprung up from him helping her when she fell down or whatever near the beginning of the show. Whereas with Shana we have seen the relationship develop...it has a point.

I didn't mean to turn this into a long rant, but it's just aggravating to watch how much they have just messed up with this show.
Old 2011-10-01, 20:33   Link #273
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Imagine this: if they never tinkered with the story...

• Mare (a game-exclusive character) would not be introduced, and her connections to Sabrac on the Third Season would not be evident.
• The majority of the story that the anime series covers comprises of adventures of other Flame Haze all over the world. Yes, skipping that out would complicate things in the Third Season, but it also streamlines the plot to suit the "focus to Sakai Yuuji" from the First Season.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-10-02, 15:00   Link #274
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

About the footprints:

I saw this preview at YT
Spoiler for spoiler?:
Old 2011-10-02, 21:53   Link #275
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi Saiga View Post
I didn't mean to turn this into a long rant, but it's just aggravating to watch how much they have just messed up with this show.
It's fine. As far as I'm concerned if every copy of this season burned up and everyone forgot about it, nothing will have been lost.

Except a certain combat maid...

Too bad this episode was so shit, she didn't have much to do. I must have been very generous in the past to have given this episode a 6.

Seriously; Yuji flailing around in an effort to recover his balls (it's evident, Hecate stole more than his life force) was just meh.

Blah. I really hope season 3 really helps out, because I barely care about the franchise anymore. :/

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread