HAHA!!
ep 10
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2007-12-08, 18:01   Link #782
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
looks like mao is doing all the receiving and giving in terms of kisses, lol.

need more asuka interaction with kazuki.
Old 2007-12-08, 18:47   Link #783
ThoHell

It's all about the Kouichi and Mao relationship; Kazuki's relationship can come later! But hmm...how's this really going to end or work out with final relationships? I thought this was only a 12 episode series, but it's suppose to be 25--lots of room for twist and breakups and so on. Maybe they're going to focus on 1 relationship at a time.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 18:50   Link #784
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
It's all about the Kouichi and Mao relationship; Kazuki's relationship can come later!
At the moment it's definitely that --- the shows focus is set around those two at the moment, with a bit of Kai on the side, that blends into the drama.
Old 2007-12-08, 19:12   Link #785
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hope it moves onto kazuki soon for one specific reason...

futami

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 19:51   Link #786
landau

Hope to see "Mao check" soon!
landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 20:29   Link #787
Freeter
beyond

LOL, seconded. "Mao Check" would totally redeem this trainwreck
Old 2007-12-08, 20:37   Link #788
adamatari

Just as expected...
Spoiler for Episode 10:
adamatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 21:14   Link #789
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep10:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 21:54   Link #790
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Osananajimi love is an amazing meme. Does it just strike something in the Japanese otaku soul? Are osanananajimi and siblings the only girls that they know? Is it a sanitized version of incest? Or is it pure accident that someone stumbled on it and since it was useful enough, it proliferated?
Good question. It could be basically it sets up a situation without the fear of an initial rejection and that appeals to the socially awkward. Perhaps some desire that people who are meant for each should meet each other soon that later.

On the other hand, you'll notice the childhood friend almost never "wins". Aoi, being one noticeable exception.

edit: Episode 10 is up? Lack of Japanese language skills or not. Downloading.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:03   Link #791
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

w00t, another step closer for the MAOxKOUICHI pairing.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 23:05   Link #792
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
HAHA!!
(is it me...or are japanese people really weak against water )

naaa, its just the blokes.

women are highly waterproof.

Unless its an idiot women, then they will suffer just as bad as the blokes.

wait.

does that mean all men are stupid?
Old 2007-12-09, 00:51   Link #793
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh lord.. here we go.
Spoiler for Episode 10:
also there seems to be some secret in Yuumi land that we don't know about it.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 01:23   Link #794
babybro

Wow, well I was a bit too late for the childhood friends cliche discussion but I would like to add that alot of things in this anime is cliche. From the super passive innocent kouichi who is shy with talking with the girl even after all this time. Absolutely cliche and beaten like a dead horse, but that's not nothing in comparison with yuumi. How many times have we seen the super shy girl who always place second place in an anime (cough nodoka from mahou sensei negima cough) but more on the super shy girl part than playing second place. It's used so many times that it's a given that there will be one in almost every single romance anime.

So basically put, I want you guys to realize your watching a very cliche genre, and you shouldn't be anymore annoyed at the childhood cliche than the shy girl/shy guy cliche.
babybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 05:51   Link #795
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
naaa, its just the blokes.

women are highly waterproof.

Unless its an idiot women, then they will suffer just as bad as the blokes.

wait.

does that mean all men are stupid?
Curse the male genes
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybro View Post
Wow, well I was a bit too late for the childhood friends cliche discussion but I would like to add that alot of things in this anime is cliche. From the super passive innocent kouichi who is shy with talking with the girl even after all this time. Absolutely cliche and beaten like a dead horse, but that's not nothing in comparison with yuumi. How many times have we seen the super shy girl who always place second place in an anime (cough nodoka from mahou sensei negima cough) but more on the super shy girl part than playing second place. It's used so many times that it's a given that there will be one in almost every single romance anime.

So basically put, I want you guys to realize your watching a very cliche genre, and you shouldn't be anymore annoyed at the childhood cliche than the shy girl/shy guy cliche.
And like with any other character traits

There are a basic set of "character personalities" in each romance series which are used to show diversity...cause really - wouldnt it just be boring to have a cast where all the girls are, for example, tsundere?

Even though we complain about the cliches being overused, at the end of the day it cant be avoided much. but not all romances are predictable to where a certain "character trait" has an advantage over the others - ive seen shy girls winning at times as well

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 07:27   Link #796
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybro View Post

Well if you don't want cliche, just go play the game!

Nothing like chasing after the teacher, or asuka, or even...KAZUKI.

Eroge. Cliche free (unless you choose it)

freedom love. banzai.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:02   Link #797
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Osananajimi love is an amazing meme. Does it just strike something in the Japanese otaku soul? Are osanananajimi and siblings the only girls that they know? Is it a sanitized version of incest? Or is it pure accident that someone stumbled on it and since it was useful enough, it proliferated?
Obviously because otakus would never have the guts to actually confess to a normal woman, so they love osananajimi's for their pure convenience.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:38   Link #798
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

The osananajimi is an extremely easy way to introduce as many moe characters as possible into a harem. It simplifies the entire process of crafting a scenario, since one character is already done simply by labeling her "osananajimi". There is virtually no need for any background or reason for liking the protagonist. Because a guy and a girl who grew up together *must* like each other right?

Also, just because it is cliche, doesn't necessarily mean that it's unpopular. Tsunderekko have become incredibly cliche and I don't see their popularity declining at all. If anything characters like Hiiragi Kagami are becoming more popular. I'm just surprised that Kimikiss doesn't have it's own.
Old 2007-12-09, 11:00   Link #799
Joachim
et tu, brute?

there is this unsettling feeling seeing how well mao and kouichi advance, strange eh, couple of episode back i was praying for more kouichi x mao scenes, but now... i guess its because of my "bad experience" lol, just when i saw those signals and i ended up disappointed, but i think for mao and kouichi to be together its just too early for them getting together (in my opinion) well if this series is only 13 episodes it is too late but if its 24 or 26.. hmm 16 more episode and they already giving out signals of mao and kouichi.. not good for me = ( but well who am i anyway, let see how this played out = )

meh enough rambling, pretty good episode, love that scene before ed song kick in, oh mannn though cliche (kissing thinking that the male was unconscious but of course he is not lol) but its still a good scene
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 11:04   Link #800
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Also, just because it is cliche, doesn't necessarily mean that it's unpopular. Tsunderekko have become incredibly cliche and I don't see their popularity declining at all. If anything characters like Hiiragi Kagami are becoming more popular. I'm just surprised that Kimikiss doesn't have it's own.
man tsundere turn me on completely, and usually cliche things are indeed popular thats why its overused lol
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen