Old 2007-12-11, 16:49   Link #861
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox79 View Post
Now there are two big obstacles:
1) Hiiragi apparently claims to already have a g/f at a different school. Im a little dubious about this, as we havn't heard a thing since then, and if he did have a g/f would he try to bring her to help with the movie? Wouldn't she be a possible actress for the movie? Im starting to question if his claim is true and just said that to keep his "cool" status/image.

2.) Mitsuki's fiancee: If the Hiiragi x Mitsuki thing were to happen, we'd be going through an arc we've all seen before with the "Rich-girl-likes-ordinary-boy-and-must-battle-family-affairs-to-stay-together" arc. To me, the fiancee is only a loose constraint to Mitsuki liking someone else. Mitsuki will probably end up with someone (Im saying Hiiragi) and the fiancee will serve to be the conflict for this

But hey I could be wrong, thats just my opinion/view
I saw that pairing from a mile away but it will take some work, considering Hiiragi's "secondary character" status, it will be difficult for him to move into the spotlight (but they do have 10+ eps to play with so who knows ).

Hiiragi is obviously bluffing to make himself look like prince charming I lawl at the way he imagined the phone call to Mitsuki as being nothing of the real sorts. Admit it you - you fancy mitsuki ^^ (though his ego may say otherwise).

The fiancee with surely cause a problem for these two IF they decide to become lovers. I can just see Hiiragi doing a series of stunts to prove his worth in front of the parents...if not they can disappear romeo and juliet style (crap! the frogs are foreshadowing something O.O).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:00   Link #862
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
As for Kai, with his attitude he has no chance with Mao-nee chan at the moment, but there's more than enough episodes for him to change it. Right now i see him completely out of place here.
As for Mitsuki, the fiance is never shown in the game so indeed it might be Hiiragi for her to make friends with.

[offtopic]
tun
so you're the famous fansubber. glad to meet you, yoroshiku.
Quote:
Alright, looks like I can wait till February to buy this then. $40 is a lot cheaper than the $70+ I saw it going for on play-asia a few months back; plus it comes with tons of more stuff.
Yep, the original cost around y6000. In fact I start to feel like buying the pack myself because of the bonuses. Oh, I just figure they plan it for St. Valentine's day. Too bad it'll arrive too late of ordered from my place.
The most interesting would probably be ちょっとおまけ劇場vol.1-vol.3. There are 9 scenarios in total making it a very nice addition to the game.
What I don't have at the moment is the last 3 points in the description
(3)「プレリュードキスCD」を再録
オリジナル発売時の初回特典。MP3で収録。

(4)川田先生のドキドキ運勢占い
テックジャイアンのおまけとして付けられたフルボイスの占いコンテンツ。

(5)Newコンテンツ!瑛理子のチョコっと工場
バレンタインにちなんで瑛理子がチョコを食べさせてくれるコンテンツ。

Which would be (3)an mp3 compilation
(4)Kawada sensei fortune-telling (full-voiced at that!)
(5) and something which I think translates to
"New contents! Eriko's little factory. Valentine chocolate from Eriko (did I understand it correctly? I know japanese girls traditionally give chocolate to boys that day).

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:01   Link #863
Zippicus

Quote:
Is it me, or do I also see another possible couple in this show? Im talking about Hiiragi x Mitsuki. To me, seems there have been a few hints for this.
Oh god I hope not. He's like super annoying and doesn't deserve any love. He's all bossy with his unreasonable demands that he pushes off on other people. I'd almost be tempted to say he can hookup with the pink frog, but that would cut in on my pseudo yuri action.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:19   Link #864
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As for Hiiragi's image of her in episode 10 --- we already know he's a ladies man, so it's no surprise we'd see something like that from him.
Well i'd beg to differ. Only hint to that is that in the first episode, you get the impression that he's easily able to date girls since he has a date with a girl and Kouichi and Kazuki are having talks about girlfriends. That was my first impression too, but then anytime I see him, he's hanging with his other two buddies and talking about the movie club. Basically what I've seen that helps define a ladies man in an anime series is

A.) Having a mob of women glomping the guy
B.) Hearing conversations about the guy from many women
C.) Seeing the guy flirt with many women
D.) All of the above

So far, havn't seen any of that happening with Hiiragi. Now he does talk like a ladies man, and acts like one, but so far, theres no evidence he is one as we don't see his popularity with women. If anything, more like a ladies man-wannabe.

Plus if he really were a ladies man....
the movie club would be filled with women, for the sole purpose of wanting to be in the same club as hiiragi

lol that would have been real interesting......
Shadowfox79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 20:02   Link #865
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Man, after watching this episode, I am torn between two pairings. I think both Yumi and Mao are both suited for Kouichi. Yumi fits Kouichi, and Mao is the classic childhood friend of Kouichi.

I denied it before, but I stand corrected. Mao is totally into Kouichi, and I believe she knows it too.

Kouichi may be into Mao. There are definitely signs that point toward it. However, I think when it comes to winning his heart, Yumi has an edge over Mao ATM.
Old 2007-12-11, 20:10   Link #866
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Man, after watching this episode, I am torn between two pairings. I think both Yumi and Mao are both suited for Kouichi. Yumi fits Kouichi, and Mao is the classic childhood friend of Kouichi.

I denied it before, but I stand corrected. Mao is totally into Kouichi, and I believe she knows it too.

Kouichi may be into Mao. There are definitely signs that point toward it. However, I think when it comes to winning his heart, Yumi has an edge over Mao ATM.
yeah, i think that the gist of it, its not that kouichi has to fall for mao.

I mean he likes mao already, its a very close relationship, he jsut doesn;'t see her like that. but all it'll take will be for Mao to MAKE him go over the line.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:01   Link #867
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well i'd beg to differ. Only hint to that is that in the first episode, you get the impression that he's easily able to date girls since he has a date with a girl and Kouichi and Kazuki are having talks about girlfriends. That was my first impression too, but then anytime I see him, he's hanging with his other two buddies and talking about the movie club. Basically what I've seen that helps define a ladies man in an anime series is
When we see him he's with Kouichi and Kazuki, yes --- though we don't see him all the time. He has the 'ladies man' aura about him, and we've heard about that in the show.

Anyway, i'm not saying his chances with Mitsuki are 0%, i actually do believe that something shall start between the teo --- i just don't see any evidence at all of that in the past 10 episodes. We'll probably see more about the two in coming episodes.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:46   Link #868
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Maybe it's just me being all whiny and demanding (again ) but this episode would have worked better had the plot development in it not been so contrived. I mean, Kouichi's parents "accidentally" left him and Mao alone for two days and in this short period he managed to spill the beans to Kai (who later did the same to Mao), he got sick and this coincided with Mao's dream, etc. If one forgets all these coincidences that it was all top notch, including the ever hilarious frogs and the even more hilarious Mitsuki-Hiragi phone conversation.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:15   Link #869
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to give my condolences to Kazuki. Being sick and on top of it all having frog torture...Guess that comment about lightning striking Asuka down and so being done for the day came back to him. Although the soccer ball to the back kind of added to that. Though he wasn't a big part of the episode, just a few KazukixAsuka practice moments.

Certainly we're getting more of a MaoxKoucihi pairing at least looming. Especially in the preview with both being embarrassed. Curious how things will turn out since there are plenty of episodes left and nothing is set in stone. Did wonder what was going on with Yuumi. First thoughts were her moving which would toss a wrench into a relationship with Kouichi. Though that means she has limited time and hard to say what she will do.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:23   Link #870
dojikyo

It was
Spoiler:
. It could be played off as just friendly affection. As if the first meeting between the couples weren't awkward enough. Still got a laugh out of the episode where that happened. Everyone except Kai were notably agitated in one way or another.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 00:42   Link #871
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
It was
Spoiler:
. It could be played off as just friendly affection. As if the first meeting between the couples weren't awkward enough. Still got a laugh out of the episode where that happened. Everyone except Kai were notably agitated in one way or another.
it is a japenese thing, for people that just holding hands is a big event, a kiss on the cheek or forehead is close to second base.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 01:12   Link #872
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it is a japenese thing, for people that just holding hands is a big event, a kiss on the cheek or forehead is close to second base.
That's generally acurate for anyone in that age frame anywhere. They are a point in their lives where hormones are kicking in and 'contact' is begining to occur. But... then again, America can be rather messed up at times so lets exclude it from the general.

I am interested in seeing where the story goes from here. I have still not seen much to make me really like MaoxKouichi and I much prefer Yuumi who simply seems a better fit. Mao is a fun character but just because that is true doesn't really mean I want her to be end up being with the lead male... that's overly beaten to death cliche.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 05:26   Link #873
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Mitsuki doesn't like Hiiragi. Hiiragi just has an over-active imagination. (That scene was brilliant, though).

Ep 10

Best thing about this ep was the comedy. The Mitsuki telephone call and Kazuki's bewildering health care (the first time the frogs have actually been funny) were hilarious.

Matrim's right in that the timing of all of this was rather contrived, but it was still interesting. It's clear where Mao stands on the Kouichi issue now, and it's clear that Kai is hanging on to Mao by a thread, and won't have her for long (even though he hasn't done much wrong past not being able to really connect with her). Again, the biggest movement in the plot takes place in the scene before the ED starts.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 05:59   Link #874
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I am interested in seeing where the story goes from here. I have still not seen much to make me really like MaoxKouichi and I much prefer Yuumi who simply seems a better fit. Mao is a fun character but just because that is true doesn't really mean I want her to be end up being with the lead male... that's overly beaten to death cliche.
Quite unfortunately, the last couple of episodes keep on dropping hints that Yuumi would probably not be there.

By the way, how about Eriko x Kouichi? Futami-san might want to experience two guys fighting over for her attention! It's fun to see how the two childhood friends would do to each other.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 10:26   Link #875
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What have you seen from Yuumixkouichi? a blush here...a blush there...nothing more. Everything is a cliche this days.....
If kai wasn't in this anime, Yuumi would win the award for the most boring, bland character.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 11:35   Link #876
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Again, the biggest movement in the plot takes place in the scene before the ED starts.
Isn't that the trend for every episode? The most significant Movement always happens right before the show ends in this show.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 13:24   Link #877
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Personally, I did not think the occurrences were contrived. They happened, and a string of consequences arose from them. I appreciated Kimikiss since ep1, but it's a good sign that the quality of the story still has not wavered much since the beginning. Although I really did not initially care for whoever ends with Kouichi, I am now partial to him being paired with Mao.

Kai is not a bad character, but he simply is not in jive with Mao's personality. It is great that there actually has been an expression which arose from Mao with regard to her feelings towards Kouichi. Reflection is such a potent power, and this power leads to an unlocking of the self.

I loved the immediate twist of Mao's emotions, from an affected anger to an ingenuous, careless display of affection to a person she just realized she truly cared for. Kouichi was remarkable: he braved the rain and got a fever for it because he cared enough for his 'sister' to think about her problems. This kindness rubs off people, and Mao has not seen this for the longest time.

Now that she has, however ...

Let the games begin.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 14:08   Link #878
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Kouichi was remarkable: he braved the rain
There was no rain when he left his home though, he more or less didn't have a choice but to endure the rain on his way back.

Quote:
It could be played off as just friendly affection.
I would love that but the chances for it to happen are very slim. But if it does happen, this episode's end would be a very nice red herring.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 15:12   Link #879
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
On a Side Note:

I don't know why no one likes the Frogs. They're so cute and funny. Their scene in this episode (10) was one of their best. Hahaha, I would to have hallucinations of the Frogs, but not only the Frogs, I need those 2 cutesy girls acting them out.

Frogs FTW!!!!
Old 2007-12-12, 16:14   Link #880
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
On a Side Note:

I don't know why no one likes the Frogs. They're so cute and funny. Their scene in this episode (10) was one of their best. Hahaha, I would to have hallucinations of the Frogs, but not only the Frogs, I need those 2 cutesy girls acting them out.

Frogs FTW!!!!
It's not so much hate for the frogs. But, it's there timing when there on. Here in ep10 they were used really well, the other times it has been annoying.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen