AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 18:17   Link #2241
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

My suspicions of a fake Asuna are only strengthened when she somehow "takes care of the black pillars" and doesn't look winded at all.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 18:21   Link #2242
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOKGLUTTON View Post
My suspicions of a fake Asuna are only strengthened when she somehow "takes care of the black pillars" and doesn't look winded at all.
It's just her magic cancel. She did the same to that huge lightning trap the bounty hunters set, so it's a little too late to be surprised by that. Just accept that she's leveled up.

Besides, the pillars incident was before she ran into the firestarter, which included an Asuna monologue. The whole suspicion that she's a fake comes from her suddenly going from fighting two of Fate's crew to showing up where Negi/Fate are.
Old 2008-10-06, 21:03   Link #2243
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
It's just her magic cancel. She did the same to that huge lightning trap the bounty hunters set, so it's a little too late to be surprised by that. Just accept that she's leveled up.

Besides, the pillars incident was before she ran into the firestarter, which included an Asuna monologue. The whole suspicion that she's a fake comes from her suddenly going from fighting two of Fate's crew to showing up where Negi/Fate are.
Also, that she only mentioned the black pillars, which was the only thing anyone witnessed last from Asuna.
Old 2008-10-06, 21:45   Link #2244
ellifeedn
Thinker

If Negi and co. were to be captured and brought into a trial, I would think that Nodoka's mind reading would be the one thing that can clear the group's name because I'd be impossible for people to lie with their thoughts and, assuming that they haven't been affected by mind-altering magic, it would be irrifutable evidence. And as for the petrification, Yue could probably find something about it with her artifact.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:46   Link #2245
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
But they're within range of each other, enough so that they could communicate through card. Unless security is actually monitoring all forms of communication within the city now that they know Negi and company are present.
One problem: to communicate with Negi, Nodoka will have to de-summon the book. Hence, all the information that was on the book will probably disappear if she did that.

Quote:
Also, we really don't know how much Nodoka was able to record. At the time Fate attacked her, what we did see was him ranting about how he hates his name and how he'd rather not get Real World people involved.
However, just before Fate tried to attack her, Nodoka asked Fate what his "aim" was. Hence, that part could have begun to appear on the books pages as the attack was going on.
Old 2008-10-06, 22:23   Link #2246
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
If Negi and co. were to be captured and brought into a trial, I would think that Nodoka's mind reading would be the one thing that can clear the group's name because I'd be impossible for people to lie with their thoughts and, assuming that they haven't been affected by mind-altering magic, it would be irrifutable evidence. And as for the petrification, Yue could probably find something about it with her artifact.
Or...people like Takamichi and Mana (or even Donnet) could clear their names. They showed up in the Magic World. They're just taking too long to appear; now's a good time as any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
One problem: to communicate with Negi, Nodoka will have to de-summon the book. Hence, all the information that was on the book will probably disappear if she did that.
Ah, that's right. Although, I think Negi would still be able to communicate with his partners. Not sure if it's two-way though. Well, even if it is, the most obvious solution isn't usually what's used, just to raise suspense

Quote:
However, just before Fate tried to attack her, Nodoka asked Fate what his "aim" was. Hence, that part could have begun to appear on the books pages as the attack was going on.
That's why I was just wondering how much her book was able to record. She may have asked the question, but Fate was already thinking of something else. So his entry in her book may be incomplete. Probably just a few key words that would cause a reaction.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2008-10-06 at 22:40.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 22:51   Link #2247
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
That's why I was just wondering how much her book was able to record. She may have asked the question, but Fate was already thinking of something else. So his entry in her book may be incomplete. Probably just a few key words that would cause a reaction.
Fate's true purpose revealed!!! IT IS... "Don't call me that, I hate my real name. ;_;"
Old 2008-10-07, 04:42   Link #2248
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Or is Fate the boy from Nagi's group, but Brainwashed and Crazy?
Old 2008-10-07, 06:44   Link #2249
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Or is Fate the boy from Nagi's group, but Brainwashed and Crazy?
I'd find that overly cliche if that was the case and lose a lot of interest in the story at that point.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:26   Link #2250
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Usually, when Nodoka asks a question to the person whom she's trying to read the thoughts of, both the current thoughts of the targetted person and the information that Nodoka is looking for is recorded on the book's pages (see the times she read the thoughts of Kotarou and Mei). Hence, what we may have seen so far are just the current thoughts of Fate, with the information that Nodoka is looking for being saved until later.
Old 2008-10-07, 12:42   Link #2251
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Usually, when Nodoka asks a question to the person whom she's trying to read the thoughts of, both the current thoughts of the targetted person and the information that Nodoka is looking for is recorded on the book's pages (see the times she read the thoughts of Kotarou and Mei). Hence, what we may have seen so far are just the current thoughts of Fate, with the information that Nodoka is looking for being saved until later.
I don't think we have enough information about Nodoka's artifact to know its extent. I just assume that it only reads what's on the surface, just like most mind-readers. Kotarou was caught off-guard and Mei just couldn't control her thoughts. Can you simply think of something completely different if asked a question? It's probably difficult, and a person may trick themselves into thinking that they're thinking of something else. Of course, there's always the possibility that Nodoka got something, considering her reaction.
Old 2008-10-12, 02:12   Link #2252
vaatei
*Scanlator

Spoiler for Chapter 229:

vaatei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:19   Link #2253
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Spoiler:

Now I know I might sound like an idiot for saying this now, but Rakan is built like a beast. Now I know thats been pretty obvious, but foir some reason in that one spoiler pick it looks even more apparent.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:05   Link #2254
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
She should be taking a cold shower after all that...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 16:16   Link #2255
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

<_<

>_>

*drops off package*

Spoiler for Ch. 228:

Oh come on, I know you were thinking it! Even I was thinking it, and I don't even like Nodoka!
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 17:02   Link #2256
Dark Mage

Yeah I was thinking the same thing although I am an Asuna fan but Nodoka looked good with Negi there but I still hope that Negi ends up being with Asuna but thet chance seems to get unlikelier vby the minute
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 17:32   Link #2257
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oi oi, don't lose hope over just one Nodoka scene.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 17:36   Link #2258
Hpnto

Nah, I prefer Negi/Nodoka, though Akamatsu might leave Negi with Asuna at the end anyway (like on most romance anime), though I still think Negi/Nodoka looks good.
Hpnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 18:25   Link #2259
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Negi/Harem for the win!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 21:31   Link #2260
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Now I know I might sound like an idiot for saying this now, but Rakan is built like a beast. Now I know thats been pretty obvious, but foir some reason in that one spoiler pick it looks even more apparent.
Do you not remember the bath scene of Chapter 204?

Tags
action, fantasy