AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-20, 19:12   Link #201
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow. I mean, wow!

Episode 2 totally made me laugh my pants off. Mamoru 's perverted buddy is just a bunch of laughs. He's totally like the devil always trying to push Mamoru into doing naughty things.

Spoiler for Misaki and windows....:
Old 2009-04-20, 21:22   Link #202
dojikyo

The show and its approach remind of Boys Be. Boys Be was a series of short stories. In Boys Be, the anime, they changed into a series of short love stories focusing on the different members of a small cast. So far, so good.

Misaki is pretty hot. Yeah, it has nothing do with the previous paragraph. But I need to to get that out.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 21:57   Link #203
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wait till you see Misaki's story, You'll be pleasantly surprise :3
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:11   Link #204
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Why does Soyabe look and sound TOO cool ? He's supposed to look and act like a nerd.

I hated Yamamoto in the manga. I'm most likely am still going to hate her actions in the coming eps, but how she was shown here with her friendship with Misao(and to a smaller extent, Mamoru) was really good, and showed a part of her compassionate, understanding side that(to my recollection) was never shown in the manga. For me, that really balances her character outside that "cool" exterior she normally shows(which is why I hate her).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:19   Link #205
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I do hope that the anime doesn't abandon the chapters telling the stories from the guys' prespective, because there are very few series that talk about school romance (not sex) from the boys' POV.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:28   Link #206
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Why does Soyabe look and sound TOO cool ? He's supposed to look and act like a nerd.

I hated Yamamoto in the manga. I'm most likely am still going to hate her actions in the coming eps, but how she was shown here with her friendship with Misao(and to a smaller extent, Mamoru) was really good, and showed a part of her compassionate, understanding side that(to my recollection) was never shown in the manga. For me, that really balances her character outside that "cool" exterior she normally shows(which is why I hate her).
I like her, I thought her arc is good. Each girl has a moral to their story, and I like Misaki's and how she tries to cope with it.
Old 2009-04-20, 22:31   Link #207
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I like her, I thought her arc is good. Each girl has a moral to their story, and I like Misaki's and how she tries to cope with it.
really? I felt ayumi's story was complete garbage especially the tacked on ending that really felt like a cop out,
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:34   Link #208
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
really? I felt ayumi's story was complete garbage especially the tacked on ending that really felt like a cop out,
Who said anything about Ayumi? she's the worse of the bunch, I was talking about Misaki.
Old 2009-04-20, 22:35   Link #209
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

I'm getting a vibe that Misaki like the older brother or something, but then again its seems like a really bad vibe. and i'm normally good at calling this stuff. i've lost my mojo.

but yeah, i really enjoy how this show deals with romance and the feelings that go along with it. its hitting a little close to home, which is why its interesting. high school was only 2 years ago, but it seems like ancient history to me..
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:35   Link #210
Nosauz

kk, im just saying god, ayumi's story is SOOOOOOOOO DAMN SHALLOW.... I hate her soooo much, jsut because she is a fickle bitch.
Old 2009-04-20, 22:38   Link #211
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I'm getting a vibe that Misaki like the older brother or something, but then again its seems like a really bad vibe. and i'm normally good at calling this stuff. i've lost my mojo.

but yeah, i really enjoy how this show deals with romance and the feelings that go along with it. its hitting a little close to home, which is why its interesting. high school was only 2 years ago, but it seems like ancient history to me..
I'll just save you the trouble and tell you that...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
kk, im just saying god, ayumi's story is SOOOOOOOOO DAMN SHALLOW.... I hate her soooo much, jsut because she is a fickle bitch.
Yeah, I agree... the other one that's boring as dirt is the short haired one with the hair clip. Her arc is such a snoozer.
Old 2009-04-20, 22:41   Link #212
Nosauz

the fact that they probaably cutting out the guys perspective makes this a little bit sad, I love swimming guy x swimming girl, its been awhile since i've read the manga but i'll read it again just so that I don't sound like an asshat when talking about this series. But just shows you how memorable these characters are.

Zatsuo is the one of the coolest male leads i've seen
Old 2009-04-20, 23:03   Link #213
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

@HayashiTakara, i figured as much. haha
Old 2009-04-20, 23:41   Link #214
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Blah. I took 70 screen shots on this episode. It tells you how much I love Misaki because I do. She's one of my favorite manga females (granted, I don't read that many manga but still...). They are skipping a chapter I think, which is odd. It's okay though because I enjoy the next arc very much.

How can someone dislike Misaki? T_T Oh well. Everyone to their own opinions I suppose.

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 00:47   Link #215
Vito
Asshole.

I wonder if anyone stiched the panning shot of Misaki
Spoiler:
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 01:14   Link #216
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for ep2:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 02:33   Link #217
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so by "art girl" are you referring to the manga artist arc? because that one seems incredibly sweet to me.

and holy crap, the manga is a god send. i'm a diehard romance junkie, and pretty much every scenario in the first volume has been something i've thought of and wished there was an anime of.
Old 2009-04-21, 03:44   Link #218
golthin

Quote:
the fact that they probaably cutting out the guys perspective makes this a little bit sad, I love swimming guy x swimming girl, its been awhile since i've read the manga but i'll read it again just so that I don't sound like an asshat when talking about this series. But just shows you how memorable these characters are.

Zatsuo is the one of the coolest male leads i've seen
That show you how different people taste are. I thought the Swimming club arc was the most boring of all the arcs. I even couldn't remember the two girls from that club and had people to remind me who they were. I first thought they were Anime originals.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 03:47   Link #219
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
They are skipping a chapter I think, which is odd. It's okay though because I enjoy the next arc very much.
Yeah they're skipping Yamamoto's chapter which should come next up. Think as it them not skipping it, though trying to fit the story into 10 more episodes. That's all they have left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so by "art girl" are you referring to the manga artist arc? because that one seems incredibly sweet to me.
No, i'm talking about Konohana Sakuya, the girl from the art club.
Old 2009-04-21, 04:17   Link #220
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah they're skipping Yamamoto's chapter which should come next up. Think as it them not skipping it, though trying to fit the story into 10 more episodes. That's all they have left.

No, i'm talking about Konohana Sakuya, the girl from the art club.
next episode they are combining chapter 4 and 5 as they happen about the same time in the same school. They most likely will then combine chapter 3 and 6 as it happens in the same school. too. They are following the manga but they are doing it in a more orderly way. That was another problem with the manga, it kept jumping all over the place. by the way, chapter 3 is not Yamamoto chapter but it is a chapter for the older sister of the two blondies. The shorter and older one.

sayuka is ....

Spoiler for manga minor spoiler about sayuka:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen