Spoiler for response and ep 21...:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2010-12-24, 04:39   Link #1802
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
But that's the funny thing: it goes both ways

What I've enjoyed most about reading the discussions here and on blogs, is that some people feel the human-like consciousness of the Skiki means they don't deserve their fate, while others feel it's exactly that level of conciousness that makes them deserve it I'm not saying one's right and the other wrong, just an observation.
Sentience and morals aren't really a factor, as a member of your species you have a duty to assist in its preservation, replication and propagation. This is the duty of all life. You have a duty to do whatever is necessary to ensure your species' long term survival, even if it means genocide of another competing species, who also have the right and duty to fight back.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:42   Link #1803
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The sole survivors might include..

Megumi
Which totally wouldn't work seeing as though she's the one character who deserves death more then anyone else in the story.

Though we'll see how it plays out.
Old 2010-12-24, 05:22   Link #1804
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Nazi have nothing to do with this. They just happen to be purifying the village. Basically to protect their psychs from the damage of all the killing they are doing, the villagers "dehumanized" the shiki. Just like serenade_beta was implying, it's like they're killing very big roaches. No one sheds any tears for cockroaches.
The surreal and disturbing opening scene did a very good job showing how much the humans have dehumanized the shiki. They clearly see them as nothing more than insects. Shikis are a plague to be exterminated. The humans are doing a terrific job so far, I could almost feel sorry for the shikis if they weren't murderers as well.

I feel very sorry for the people at the temple though. They didn't deserve this. That was insanely dumb of Seishin to hide there. Speaking of Seishin, I don't know what to think of him anymore. So much for remaining neutral... he's nothing more than a collaborator now (and I have a feeling he's going to survive, unlike the people who were wrongly accused of collaborating; life is truly unfair). At least he's finally taken a stance.

Hmm, still no news about Kaori and Akira. No sign of them in the preview either. Nao and the puppeteer have been missing for a while too. I doubt they were offed off-screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Which totally wouldn't work seeing as though she's the one character who deserves death more then anyone else in the story.

Though we'll see how it plays out.
Yes! If anyone needs to die, it's her.
Old 2010-12-24, 05:27   Link #1805
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Hmm, still no news about Kaori and Akira. No sign of them in the preview either. Nao and the puppeteer have been missing for a while too. I doubt they were offed off-screen.
High chances are they'll be the focus on the DVD only episodes that were announced.
Old 2010-12-24, 09:27   Link #1806
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
High chances are they'll be the focus on the DVD only episodes that were announced.
Do you think that they couldn't show Kaori's continuation due to the baseball bat she used?
Old 2010-12-24, 16:33   Link #1807
fukarming

I think one of the reason Ookawa is so blood thirsty is because he saw the old monk being a Shiki. The way I interpret that scene is that Ookawa is hurt by being betrayed by someone he respects. He believes the entire temple side with the Shiki, not just father and son.

Of course that didn't justify Ookawa killing innocent people, just some perspective.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 20:49   Link #1808
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
It absolutely blow my mind that both you and serenade_beta seem to be blaming Seishin entirely for this. How are humans exempt from the "they could choose a different way" argument?
When people hate someone then in their eyes he's always at fault no matter happens.
Just like CG's Suzaku, so much hatred everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Spoiler for response:
When someone has nowhere to run, he'll return home
And Seishin don't know things that we know, how can he expect his family will be killed like that?
Old 2010-12-24, 22:07   Link #1809
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 21:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 23:17   Link #1810
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 21:
I have to agree with you here... Seishin is just being... I don't even know what words to form to describe him.. He is just going too far...
Old 2010-12-24, 23:34   Link #1811
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 21:

Loving this story as much as I do really makes me want to go back and watch Ghost Hunt, another anime based on a Fuyimi Ono novel. I missed it the first time around and I know it's quite different than Shiki in overall tone - anyone have a strong recommendation on that series?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 00:06   Link #1812
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Can't believe they killed the Milf.
Undoubtably the best series I've seen since...idk...
Old 2010-12-25, 01:38   Link #1813
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
When people hate someone then in their eyes he's always at fault no matter happens.
Just like CG's Suzaku, so much hatred everywhere
Yeah, gotta love that argument. "Haters will be haters" <-- 1$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
And Seishin don't know things that we know, how can he expect his family will be killed like that?
Yeah? Well, he knows there is an angry mob after him and that there are Shiki being hunt down. Even if he didn't know they would go so far, he definitely should know that there is going to be a mess and that going back to his place = getting his relatives involved. But of course, for that lolicon, Sunako > Mother and co., so... sure.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 01:55   Link #1814
PzIVf3

Some Christmas. I wonder what will happen after they mopped up everything there emotional behavior is getting unstable.

Edit: 2 Dvd have announced including unaired episode so this series is total 24 ep. which means its possible gruesome and bloody.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...aired-episodes

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2010-12-25 at 02:06.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 09:17   Link #1815
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Re: Seishin, Ookawa and the killings at the temple
You really don't think he doesn't hate himself for causing the deaths of the people at the temple?

To me, it's one thing to say,
"Well, it's all Seishin's fault, because he led the hunters there. And the hunters are excused because they're really angry, so they're not thinking straight"
and another to say
"Well, it's Seishin's fault. But the hunters also shouldn't have been so quick to accuse the temple people of being collaborators."
Excusing the shiki hunters who are now killing the "collaborators" is like excusing a husband who kills his wife in a fit of anger because she hit him or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
Spoiler for response:
Friend? Sorry, but I think you're misunderstanding the relationship that the head monk has with the rest of the village. I really hope they go into greater detail about it in the extra episodes but just a thought: any opinions on it? (i.e. on why the head monk specifically invited them to attack him).

As for Ookawa, I don't think it's a matter of him going insane - from what glimpses we got his family life (with him and his wife pretty much bullying their son), he's just got an "it's black and white" attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Edit: 2 Dvd have announced including unaired episode so this series is total 24 ep. which means its possible gruesome and bloody.
Good point. It's possible that the end of Kaori's confrontation with her father could not be put on TV because it might have been too bloody/gruesome...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-12-25 at 09:33.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 10:54   Link #1816
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Frankly I'm amazed that it took them that long to think about a basement/dungeon in a European-styled castle. Heck, I would also be thinking about secret entrances etc. They are situated on top of a mountain.

And Seishin, unfortunately with that abdominal wound he won't last long without Toshio's help.
Old 2010-12-25, 11:09   Link #1817
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't only a severe hemorraghe: Seishin is also afflicted by obvious anemia prior being hurt. To be honest, I was still wondering how come he could drive like this before the incident, moresor dragging the case around with that wound.
Old 2010-12-25, 11:34   Link #1818
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The original Haruhi has "imouto in a bag" and the good Swedish vampire film "Let the Right One In" has something similar, too. Hey, if it works, use it. And it sure works.
Best movie ever by the way!!! After I finished ep 21 I went to go to the kitchen and was like when I noticed my mother's suitcase she brought looks so damn the same and the same size XD She has it in the dining room since she is visiting me. Had to do a double take lol.

I couldn't help but think the villagers kinda lost their minds. I wouldn't be surprised if they accidentally killed someone on their side. I wonder how it will all play out now...

Quote:
[SPOILER="21"]Loving this story as much as I do really makes me want to go back and watch Ghost Hunt, another anime based on a Fuyimi Ono novel. I missed it the first time around and I know it's quite different than Shiki in overall tone - anyone have a strong recommendation on that series?
I haven't finished it get but I really do get a creepy vibe when watching it. It is actually kind of scary.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 12:27   Link #1819
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Loving this story as much as I do really makes me want to go back and watch Ghost Hunt, another anime based on a Fuyimi Ono novel. I missed it the first time around and I know it's quite different than Shiki in overall tone - anyone have a strong recommendation on that series?
It's much lighter than this series, although it does have its moments. I liked it, and in fact I was just thinking last night that it's about time for me to watch it again.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 13:34   Link #1820
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I found the begginning a little hard to believe. I can't believe they would so easily become accustomed to gore and dead bodies like that. And you know, I'm so tried of seeing fan disservice from that fat ugly nurse, I was actually somewhat relieved to see the end of her...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire