Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 07:39   Link #4261
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
Well, we never did hear how the Thousand Master pulled off the impossible victory against the Big Bad. Magic Berserk may run in the family for all we know. Anyway, as it stands, he's not angry enough yet to go all dark-dragon on everyone, so my guess is Godel says something next chapter that completely puts Negi over the edge. That, or Negi is really over-reacting. On that thought, it may be that angering Negi is getting easier due to Magia Erebea. We know it's enhanced by negative emotions, but are negative emotions enhanced by it? Perhaps it's only a matter of time before Negi really does become a "bad mage".
I read the comments on Astroboy's blog about how people think Godel will lose and all, as if it was not planned...

Firstly, I don't think Godel will lose that easily, secondly, I have the feeling it's all planned by Godel. Making Negi angry > Makes Negi release the magia erebea completely > using that as an pretext to turn the magic world against Negi (who would be seen as an evil person, since he's using a forbidden evil magic)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 09:06   Link #4262
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Every time I see the how Negi's class interact with each other, well, I'm amazed. I just saw the pacto scenes and well, everyone was supportive of each other. It was beautiful - no backstabbing, no major jealousy, no real talking behind other's backs, none of that stuff - just support and a desire for what they believe in. Everyone still has a great relationship with each other.

I wished real life was like this
Although the Nodoka/Yue/Negi thing is getting a bit intense.

Then again, it's not like Negi is going to live happily ever after with Ku-Fei, Chachamaru, Nodoka, Yue, Makie, Ako, Anya, and Ayaka. Unless they all learn to share Negi equally. Which is impossible. (Nodoka had an interesting idea, but anyway.) Usually, they just trail off and never really answer the question, but in Negima's case, the outcry would be ridiculous.

So yeah, it's nice now, but it always ends with depression.
Old 2009-09-28, 09:37   Link #4263
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Every time I see the how Negi's class interact with each other, well, I'm amazed. I just saw the pacto scenes and well, everyone was supportive of each other. It was beautiful - no backstabbing, no major jealousy, no real talking behind other's backs, none of that stuff - just support and a desire for what they believe in. Everyone still has a great relationship with each other.

I wished real life was like this
Hahaha, Akamatsu doesn't really do all that heavy drama stuff. All of his works are more on the lighthearted and comedic side, it's the main reason why I'm a big fan of his works.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:44   Link #4264
kwendy

Spoiler for offtopic:

I was thinking about Godel's reasons... Can it be simillar with Amagasa Chigusa reasons (that "Monkey-oneechan" from Kyoto)? Looking at Kurt's fase when he mentiones Arika Vespertatia and his words about "your methods are not suffisent to save this world"...
I was also thought about who helped Fate in the gateport by seting barrier from outside... Well, don't think it was Kurt, according to some circumstances, but if whole senate involved...
Quote:
due to Magia Erebea. We know it's enhanced by negative emotions, but are negative emotions enhanced by it?
To be precise, not onley negative. It seems that dark magic needs person to apply (not "charge") everything he has. It doesn't means that he'll be more evil or something.

Last edited by kwendy; 2009-09-28 at 12:13.
kwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 14:36   Link #4265
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwendy View Post
Spoiler for offtopic:
If you hate the spoilers Astro boy is providing then dont read them, this is why would put up
Spoiler:
Just ignore them or find some other place too chat about Negima, since me and most people here enjoy the spoilers.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 21:47   Link #4266
BerryDoyle

Whoa. Draconic Negi. Scary, but really, really cool.

I have a thought about why the senate might want to attack the village. It is not uncommon for children to be taken hostage to make their parents behave; what if the senate was planning something worse and Nagi was super opposed to it? They might have attacked the village in a sort of "You're going to fight us? Okay, then, say goodbye to your son's village". This would explain how Nagi knew about the attack and was just a little too late.

The main problem with my theory, however, is that Nagi was supposedly missing/dead at the time, although, they are the MW Senate- they know things and are annoying that way.
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 01:06   Link #4267
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... the Senate appearently allready know that 4year old Negi was Arika's Son ... and Arika officially was executed 18 years ago ... from knowing that fact to make come qualified guesses aren't far
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 05:34   Link #4268
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I have a strange feeling that Arika´s and Nagi are not dead. But still lets wait and see.
Old 2009-09-29, 08:03   Link #4269
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

i have high doubts that either of them is dead ...

my pet theory is that Nekane = Arika with deaging pills :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 08:55   Link #4270
kwendy

Quote:
my pet theory is that Nekane = Arika with deaging pills :P
Why not Asuna?

About secrets of the world (sorry, if anybody mentioned it before):
According to Emili Sevenship, Artifact Card is granted onley for chosen.
According to Katherine Mc Dowell, contract requires soul.
According to Tertium, people of Mundus Magicus are "wooden dolls" alike.
What does it means? O_o
Old 2009-09-29, 09:54   Link #4271
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwendy View Post
About secrets of the world (sorry, if anybody mentioned it before):
According to Emili Sevenship, Artifact Card is granted onley for chosen.
According to Katherine Mc Dowell, contract requires soul.
According to Tertium, people of Mundus Magicus are "wooden dolls" alike.
What does it means? O_o
It's irrevelant. Sevensheep's interpretation is her own and doesn't really make sense. Everyone who makes a pactio with a mage gets an artifact. She just thinks that some people are just lowly peasants, such as Collet and Yue, especially when it comes to Nagi (Negi's grown up form).

Eva's contract with Chacha is mainly a doll contract because basically, Chacha is a doll. Well, technological golem, but you get the main idea. But the *ahem* pactio that Negi has done with Chacha proves that she does have a soul.

Averruncus' view is his own: That the lives of Mundus Magicus do not matter in the grand picture of the Magus Aevum's plan. Yet he is careful not to kill anybody unless necessary, because if doing so, would lead to that people would be aware of what he's doing.

None of these have any special meaning.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 12:51   Link #4272
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Has anyone else notes that the pactio that Negi made with chachamaru was kinda similer how Rakan broke the dimension with his will? I mean what Negi did was basically re-write the Pactio spirit rule or something.
Old 2009-09-29, 14:31   Link #4273
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Has anyone else notes that the pactio that Negi made with chachamaru was kinda similer how Rakan broke the dimension with his will? I mean what Negi did was basically re-write the Pactio spirit rule or something.
Not really. Negi just had to get Chachamaru to believe she possessed a soul, (remembering that the rule here seems to be "You have one if you think you do"). Rakan broke the dimension he was in by 'going for it'.

Similar, but different.
Old 2009-09-29, 15:06   Link #4274
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Rakan didn't actually break the bounded space through willpower. Even though it seemed like that was the case, it was really Rakan using gravity magic (which he copied from Albiero) that broke down the dimension. Supposedly, Rakan generated (more like emulated) a micro-black hole for an instant, and that distorted the rules constituting the bounded space. If paper beats rock, then Gravity magic (paper) is the natural enemy of bounded space magic (rock). Of course, gravity magic is super paper...

Rakan really is great at copying/emulating spells, magic, and techniques. So far, he reproduced Magia Erebea, the gravity magic copied from Albiero, and Zanmaken Ni-no-tachi.

For Negi's case with Chachamaru's pactio, I'm sure what Negi did was give the "contract" an extremely huge jolt, forcefully, anyways. If spirits are what govern magic in the Negima universe, then there exist numerous divisions and subdivisions for every branch of magic, contract, and other supernatural reenactment and system that relies on them to produce phenomenons.

If basic spirits are senders that act as messengers to the overseer (spirits that holds/governs a certain domain), then Negi either forcefully made those basic spirits to recognize Chachamaru's soul, or forcefully made them to into accepting the contract. Either way works by pushing them into relaying the recognition of the contract to the overseer via Magia Erebea.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 21:28   Link #4275
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Where did you get that info ? o.o;
Though I believed that was the case. . Rakan always seems easy-going at doing his fighting style, but he actually can do something like that
Btw, no new spoilers?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 23:18   Link #4276
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

CanonRAP is working on a resource site for Negima, and he translated the entry for Magna Confractio Dimensionis, located in the back vol. 25's lexicon. The site is here.

On the surface, Rakan can be quite simple-minded, a perverted idiot, and a person who acts in an over-the-top/larger-than-life manner, but there are reasons as to why he acts the way he do. Most of it is an act to fool people, and to mask his way about in defeating his opponents. Really. That's experience for you...

I don't think any new spoilers have popped up yet.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 23:20   Link #4277
Nesty

When will the next chapter be out T_T I need my negima fix!
Old 2009-09-30, 00:07   Link #4278
ChronoReverse

Hehe, thanks for the site link. I like this tidbit:

Quote:
Decisive Pose

決めポーズ

Magic and spells have always been intrinsically linked to song and dance. Posing with the body and singing the incantation are equally important factors. Rakan’s obsession with deciding the ‘best pose’ is due to this. A normal person (like Chisame) can’t help but not understand, but the fact that even Negi thinks Rakan ‘looked idiotic’ is quite telling of his inexperience and lack of training and serious study.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 02:15   Link #4279
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Thanks for the link The people who licenced this manga in my country also translate the note at the last few pages at each volumes. But since we haven't reached the newest volume yet, I didn't know about Erebea and stuffs like that before visiting that site :3

-----I still can't believe that those pose actually contains incantation and magic to defeat the enemy..... @_@

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 04:30   Link #4280
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Huh.
Just read #265.
Spoiler:

Tags
action, fantasy