AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-14, 10:37   Link #141
Revan21

I'm pretty sure my Hungarian>English translation is accurate, so the fault might be in the Japanese text. What are the differences?
(Not that it really matters)

Yeah, the episode title was completely wrong. They should have had the narrator check that as well
Old 2009-10-14, 11:34   Link #142
Fimbulvetr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Yeah, the episode title was completely wrong. They should have had the narrator check that as well
At least my impression that what was said before was real hungarian wasn't off. At least it didn't sound like a japanese trying to pronounce something based only on some katakana.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure my Hungarian>English translation is accurate, so the fault might be in the Japanese text. What are the differences?
Unlike you I'm not so confident in my translation skills but let me try ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
赤い夜— それは突然現れる。
現実であり現実ではない、時空を異にする闇世界。
そこへ堕ちた少年少女を "欠片 "と呼び、異形の黒騎士が襲う。
なぜ彼らなのか、いったい何が起こっているのか、
悪夢の果てに、答えはあるのか—?
The red night -- comes suddenly.
Real but not real, a world of darkness in a different dimension.
The boy and the girl who dropped in there get called "fragments", and attacked by strange black knights.
Why them, what exactly is happening,
and will there be answers at the end of this nightmare --?
vs
Quote:
"The night suddenly dresses in a reddish light.
Beyond time the space, the world between reality and fantasy.
The merciless black (?)knight is after the boy and the girl.
What brings them to this sinister place?
Will they ever wake up from this nightmare?"
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 11:49   Link #143
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
At least my impression that what was said before was real hungarian wasn't off. At least it didn't sound like a japanese trying to pronounce something based only on some katakana.

Unlike you I'm not so confident in my translation skills but let me try ..
The red night -- comes suddenly.
Real but not real, a world of darkness in a different dimension.
The boy and the girl who dropped in there get called "fragments", and attacked by strange black knights.
Why them, what exactly is happening,
and will there be answers at the end of this nightmare --?
vs
Very unlikely. I think it had to be a native Hungarian speaker

Nothing about fragments or different dimensions is said by the narrator. In this case the japanese text really is different, the original speech is more like a poem.
Old 2009-10-14, 12:25   Link #144
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Yeah Revan21's translation is fine. Here's my own overly literal TL:
"The night suddenly dresses itself into a reddish glow. Beyond space and time, in the world between reality and unreality, the inexorable Black Knight is following after the boy and the girl. What kind of XXX ( <= muffled word) brings them to that sinister place? Are they ever going to wake up from that nightmare?"

And the episode title was indeed poorly translated... "Egy lány-ban kristály" is mistyped first of all (it should be "Egy lányban a kristály"), and it doesn't really reflect the meaning of "The Maiden of Crystal" (水品の少女). Its exact meaning is "Crystal in the girl", which sounds kinda odd.
Makes me surprised since the narrator definitely sounded native hungarian (I'd say with a slight Budapest accent). What's going to happen next episode anyway? Are they going to dub the whole episode in hungarian?
______
Anyway the episode confused me even further unfortunately :/ .

(On a sidenote it makes me wonder, if the problem with Kakeru's eye is only the different color, then why don't he just wears lenses which would alter them to both have the same color).
Old 2009-10-14, 12:32   Link #145
Midonin
Last Engage

Alright, enough loitering around. I waited until Crunchyroll got these up. If they're airing it legally, I shall support their generosity. So I just got done marathoning the first two episodes.

11eyes holds the distinction of being both the show I was most looking forward to this season and the show I was most going to forget the source material ever existed for. Despite associating that with Christmas break mornings and homemade Cherry Cokes. Man, that was fun. As far as I'm concerned, from this day forward it's a show that bears some similarities to Asura Cryin' and looks cool enough to catch my interest.

...oh, right, the episodes.

Spoiler for 11eyes 01 - The Hole in the Sky:

Spoiler for 11eyes 02 - The Imprismed One:

Now I can get into a weekly pattern with this thing. And it feels great.

"Arrival of Tears" releases in one week!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 12:48   Link #146
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
What kind of XXX ( <= muffled word)
I think it was "Mi szél sodorta...?"
Old 2009-10-14, 12:55   Link #147
Fimbulvetr

Quote:
Nothing about fragments or different dimensions is said by the narrator. In this case the japanese text really is different, the original speech is more like a poem.
Being like a poem is some way could probably be said for the japanese text too, only lost in poor translation. And the "in another dimension" was my pretty free interpretation of "時空を異にする" so it wasn't actually there. Actually "Beyond time the space" fits what automatic translation would do to "時空を異にする" perfectly, as it makes little sense in english and can still be matched to the parts of the japanese text. 異にする->beyond, time->時, space->空.
時空[Jikuu] does not mean "dimension", it was just the best way I could find to describe what it's supposed to mean. "space-time"/"universe"/"world" w/e..
Getting called "fragments" is definitely present though. As are the "answers" after the nightmare. Two real differences then.

Spoiler for jdic entries for jikuu / koto ni suru / kakera:
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 13:08   Link #148
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A question to game players, is the score we're hearing from the game, or is it all new material?

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-10-14 at 13:21.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 15:40   Link #149
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Slight remixes to match the anime.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 18:44   Link #150
Boduar

This is giving me flashbacks to chaos head anime but with more fan service ...
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 19:40   Link #151
Wrath88
Kissing...

Yeah, Misuzu sure gives off that 'main heroine' vibe. I remember way before the anime came out, I randomly tried searching on Akinator (a guess who I'm thinking of AI), using just her picture, amazingly got it correct.

I think ep 2 clues us in as to who that woman in the ED is.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:47   Link #152
cynicalicious
I like pie.

So here's what I want to know-- if they can hire a native Hungarian speaker to attempt to get the pronunciation right, why can't anime producers (in general) be bothered to do the same for English? >_<

So... much... bad... English... brain... hurts.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 19:50   Link #153
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Probably the audio producer knew a hungarian ex-pat.
Old 2009-10-14, 20:44   Link #154
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
So here's what I want to know-- if they can hire a native Hungarian speaker to attempt to get the pronunciation right, why can't anime producers (in general) be bothered to do the same for English? >_<

So... much... bad... English... brain... hurts.
Because most Japanese people _think_ they know some English, whereas none of them think they know one whit
of Hungarian.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 21:20   Link #155
Doria

Wrath88, in answer to your spoilery theory, those are some well-thought out deductions. Seriously, I'm impressed! Can't say if they're all 100% accurate, but yeah, they're certainly supportable by the evidence so far, anyway.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 22:56   Link #156
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Story-wise, what do you think this will focus on more? The backstory (Red Night and why) or the girls' story (Misuzu, Yukiko, Shiori, stalker-girl)?
Don't call Kukuri stalker-girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Anyway the episode confused me even further unfortunately :/ .

(On a sidenote it makes me wonder, if the problem with Kakeru's eye is only the different color, then why don't he just wears lenses which would alter them to both have the same color).
I think it would feel weird to have one lense on one eye and none on the other. Though what really bugs me is that, most of the anime I've seen, no one actually minded about the character being heterochromia. Apparently, the people in this anime are complete a**holes to people with two different eye colors >_>.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A question to game players, is the score we're hearing from the game, or is it all new material?
If you're talking about the bgms, I think there's a slight remix. Only song I managed to hear so far was the red night theme.

They really rushed everything for the second episode. The dark knights appeared too early, character intros were rushed and they made Kukuri seem like she had some sort of hostile intent towards Kakeru. The part with the sketchbook saying, "You were the one who awakened the demons" creeped me out a little. Though I liked the little hints of the other characters that were in the night
Spoiler for :

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 23:27   Link #157
Wrath88
Kissing...

I realize that i never listen to 11eyes anime BGM much, lol. Can't really tell the difference. As far as my ongoing game shows, I've made it out of the 2nd Red Night, just as Ira was about to punch me into oblivion. And I have yet to see Kukuri or Yukiko once.

Lol, my rate of playing through the game pretty much leaves me even with each episode.

As for the rushing of character intros, I rather think they're trying to go for the mid-series fleshing out, rather than taking the time to slowly build an image from the start. This is what I get so far:
Kakeru: Ice-cool guy with traumatic past. Doesn't seem to have much of a VISIBLE reason to protect Yuka.
Yuka: Extremely clingy osanajimi. JUST TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM ALREADY! (Don't think it'll do much though)
Misuzu: Soloist protector.
Takahisa: Delinquent class skipper.
Yukiko: Genki girl.

So yeah, development probably comes later.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:48   Link #158
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Quote:
Kakeru: Ice-cool guy with traumatic past. Doesn't seem to have much of a VISIBLE reason to protect Yuka.
How much of the game are you able to understand? A fairly huge chunk of the opening act is devoted to the hero's affection (if not romantic love) for Yuka, and what a change this has had on his personality.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:49   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well not a bad second episode. I have to say Misuzu definitely knows how to handle a sword with style. Plus the whole magical electrical effect that goes with it just adds to the class. Probably my favourite character so far. Might have to do with the fact she can actually take care of herself in that Red Night.

Anyways not a bad second episode. Though things are moving pretty fast in terms of tossing in those villains and Lisette. Of course no idea what's actually going on. I'm sure those dreams Kakeru is having will just make the final explanation all the more complicated. Still looking forward to the next episode.

I seriously hope Kakeru does pick up some power in the next few episodes. If he has to say he'll protect Yuka 5 times per episode it'd be nice if he could actually back it up . Good thing she likes him so much since some might not be so reassured considering they've nearly been killed a few times already.
Old 2009-10-15, 00:37   Link #160
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiryuuKazumanosuke View Post
How much of the game are you able to understand? A fairly huge chunk of the opening act is devoted to the hero's affection (if not romantic love) for Yuka, and what a change this has had on his personality.
That inference was drawn from the anime, hence I put 'VISIBLE'. I'm pointing out about how the anime is skipping over having proper character buildup at the start. Of course I know about how he was like during the game start... nearly got bored to sleep at that point.

Tags
eroge, seinen