AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 00:25   Link #761
othera

I loved this series!

Anyone know whats with the falling pots and stuff?..

The OP is so unique to.

This is my single favorite series ever and a second season would be damn awsome, however it seems there won't be one Hazuki is so damn cute.

Only things i didn't like was they should of put arte into the series earlier and hazuki's hair constantly changes length(in a bath scene its all wrapped up in a tiny towl, then in most scenes its faily long sometimes its down to her waist, others its halfway between shoulders and waist...)

Anyone know any other series like this? Or if there will be a season 2 :P
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 00:48   Link #762
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by othera View Post
I loved this series!

Anyone know whats with the falling pots and stuff?..

The OP is so unique to.

This is my single favorite series ever and a second season would be damn awsome, however it seems there won't be one Hazuki is so damn cute.

Only things i didn't like was they should of put arte into the series earlier and hazuki's hair constantly changes length(in a bath scene its all wrapped up in a tiny towl, then in most scenes its faily long sometimes its down to her waist, others its halfway between shoulders and waist...)

Anyone know any other series like this? Or if there will be a season 2 :P
the falling pots are a sight gag -- the japanese version of Homer's "D'oh!!" Thank the director of the series (Shinbo) for most of those.

The OP is unique.... inspiring either instant love or the desire to stab one's ears with shish kabobs I love the tune though it rots my teeth.

Agree, Hazuki is Growly Cuteness.

Um... her hair doesn't change length - she wears it in different styles. Long hair can be wrapped up and such. There are a few scenes where they aren't terribly consistent with its length though.

You might take a look at the series "Karin" if you like semi-comedic vampire stories. If you like supernatural romances... you might also take a look at "Spice and Wolf". The character personalities and situations are quite different but there's a common thread so to speak.
Old 2008-09-23, 01:00   Link #763
othera

Ok well things i like:

Cuteness(seeing hazuki made me fall in love)
Vampires
comedy, but a pure comedy gets kinda boring.(like comedy + romance > comedy)

Thing is a cute adorable... annoying vampire was like an epic combination :P

And i am sure it does change length a few times not by much though

And ty for explaining the pans.

Seems to be a series that is given a 10 or 0 by most people

EDIT: Also anyone got a good wallpaper of moon phase? I have only found a few pics and the only one i really like is where she is sitting on the tower at the start

EDIT II: I noticed that arte wears a similar outfit to Ai Emma(hell girl) i think its a black sailors uniform( worn in winter?) anyone know if it is the same? just wonderings

Last edited by othera; 2011-06-13 at 00:11.
othera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 08:01   Link #764
KimmyChan

I have all 6 volumes of this great anime on DVD! It's such a good & fun series!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 06:10   Link #765
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Hey i am looking for song from moon phase

it play when episode 5 near the end it sound like heyaheya or something like that can u tell me what the name of the song?
Old 2009-05-03, 12:24   Link #766
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, give me a chance to check tonight and I'll post it. I have the OST to compare with it.
Old 2009-05-03, 18:22   Link #767
hollowification

ok please hurry i want to know as soon asap
Old 2009-05-03, 18:43   Link #768
StorminNorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
Hey i am looking for song from moon phase

it play when episode 5 near the end it sound like heyaheya or something like that can u tell me what the name of the song?
I believe the song you're referring to is The Theme of Moon Phase. Memories of Your Blood also fits your description, but it doesn't play at the end of episode 5.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 22:11   Link #769
hollowification

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
I believe the song you're referring to is The Theme of Moon Phase. Memories of Your Blood also fits your description, but it doesn't play at the end of episode 5.
thank you i mean the song play not at then end before episode finish
Old 2009-05-04, 12:16   Link #770
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That specific piece finishing the episode up isn't on the OST as far as I can tell, but it seems to be a variation on the vocals and music from Track 1 and a few other tracks of the OST. Track 1 is called "The Theme of Moon Phase" (though it really isn't... nekomimimode was). The vocals are used in about 4 or 5 of the tracks. I'm assuming you're referring to the rather tragic sounding vocals of lament.

EDIT: If you're referring to the ED (end song played during the credits), it is also on the OST ... its called "Pressentiment Triste" (by the group Marianne Amplifier featuring Yuka).
Sung in French. It is track 21 on the Moon Phase OST.
Old 2009-05-05, 04:22   Link #771
KimmyChan

How cool would it be if there was a second series of Moonphase in the anime pipeline
Old 2009-05-05, 17:50   Link #772
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
How cool would it be if there was a second series of Moonphase in the anime pipeline
Now there's a thought. I'd love to hear Saitou Chiwa do this voice again. And what would Shinbou (or Oonuma) do with this now that the "Shaft" style is so much further developed than it was in 2004?

I read in the manga thread that there are 16 volumes now, but I'm not sure where the anime left off, so I don't know if there is enough material or not.

Tsukuyomi was one of the shows that first got me interested in anime, so I have a soft spot for it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 18:00   Link #773
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Now there's a thought. I'd love to hear Saitou Chiwa do this voice again. And what would Shinbou (or Oonuma) do with this now that the "Shaft" style is so much further developed than it was in 2004?

I read in the manga thread that there are 16 volumes now, but I'm not sure where the anime left off, so I don't know if there is enough material or not.

Tsukuyomi was one of the shows that first got me interested in anime, so I have a soft spot for it.
Thank you very much for reanimating interest again for this excellent show, and I think I'm able to answer your questions.

I've read until chapter 99 of the manga and from the looks of it, the manga right now is approaching or has entered the last story arc.

The anime adapted almost faithfully the first eight volumes of the manga. The climax for volume eight at the end happens quite differently from the manga to the anime, but it doesn't pose any big issue in regards to conflicts with the plot if someone is interested in producing a second season.

Right now there's enough manga material to go on and make a second anime season.

As far as Tsukuyomi goods I have bought, I've purchased the first four DVD's released by FUNI; I've purchased the original OST soundtrack; and I have the first four manga volumes released by VIZ.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 22:18   Link #774
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There actually a couple of threads that spread differently (the mystery concerning Grandpa and the Luna story arc).... but yeah I could see a clever set of writers taking the end of the first season and weaving the latter part of the manga series into it.

There'd be a *lot* of action... they could also weave in some stuff that didn't make it into the first season from the first eight volumes.
Old 2009-05-06, 05:36   Link #775
KimmyChan

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was talk of a second series being released soon the way it's all going right now, especially in the manga and with so many story arcs that could be focused on, both past and present, even ones that we're unsure of as such
Old 2009-05-06, 20:44   Link #776
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I guess I'm more pessimistic in that regard, having seen too many of my favorite series never getting a second chance at bat (or even a licensing outside of Japan). TMP was 'hot stuff' when it was airing (hard to believe its been several years) but the mob is fickle.

Ah well, I have the series, the manga (JP & EN), the OST CD, and a Hazuki figurine as well as a few gashapon.... and my wife's laptop is named Hazuki (small and growly, like her...and my wife ).
Old 2009-05-26, 09:52   Link #777
KimmyChan

The complete DVD box set of Moonphase is now available to buy on Region 2 here in the UK
Old 2011-10-26, 05:00   Link #778
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The complete Moon Phase collection (S.A.V.E. packaging) is on sale at Rightstuf.com now for $17.99:

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/82012/4/0/0

Hazuki for the win...

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen