AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 10:26   Link #1121
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Absolutely love this chapter. I just hope they don't start turning to bigger crimes as reference as their series goes on .

Mashiro swapping presents for Azuki was a two for one. Romance development and Story development ~ loved it.
Old 2010-05-08, 10:57   Link #1122
Somnus
Eh?

Loved the latest chapter, and as it was said, having them mimic what their manga was going to be like was brilliant. I enjoyed how everything was woven together perfectly here (minus the Shizuka part, dunno what that`s going to lead to yet.) Also,I have to say I honestly laughed a lot, good amount of reaction shots here (examples being the `Which store is it!?" and Kaya's throughout the whole thing.) Also, I found the small Kaya prank very amusing too (reversing the books).

As always, can't wait for more of this written gold.

P.S. Kaya rules, love her more and more with every chapter. Hard to believe how much time has passed in the manga since the start and how much has happened. ESPECIALLY since it's only been 84 chapters. I love the pacing and time flow, more manga needs to pick that up.
Old 2010-05-08, 12:03   Link #1123
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for page 84:
I was also wondering what they replaced Kaya's gift with. I must say, Mashiro's gift for Miho was incredibly sweet.

Very pleased with the manga they came up with, it's already 100 times better than Tanto. I didn't expect it to be that kind of manga, and even though the story sounded very trivial at first, there are a lot of ways to make it more exciting and serious if they want to. They've got their hit right there.
Old 2010-05-08, 12:10   Link #1124
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

For some reason, the new manga sounds to me like the opposite of Trap.

But yeah, finally the duo are back playing to their strengths. Though it still remains to be seen if it'll work...
Old 2010-05-08, 12:13   Link #1125
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This manga is going to be great.

I already like the concept, and authors are really at their best when they're just bursting with creativity like that.

Also, the birthday prank was pretty sweet.
Old 2010-05-08, 12:45   Link #1126
fatalblue
Dancin' and Dreamin'

Quote:
Very pleased with the manga they came up with, it's already 100 times better than Tanto. I didn't expect it to be that kind of manga, and even though the story sounded very trivial at first, there are a lot of ways to make it more exciting and serious if they want to. They've got their hit right there.
Agreed!

IMO the idea is actually something in between the mainstream and non-mainstream making it a kind of "make your cake and eat it too" type of thing for our the heroes. It's different from mainstream SJ titles but not so different that it couldn't click w/ most current SJ readers and it's something the boys seem to truly enjoy making too...
Old 2010-05-08, 12:46   Link #1127
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The funny thing is, this manga sounds like something Ohba Tsugumi would write.
Old 2010-05-08, 15:24   Link #1128
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Probably the chapter I enjoyed the most in the entire series. They're definitely much more into this manga than they've ever been for any other. The fact that they came up with this manga by stalking Hattori and then getting inspirations from minor pranks they pull on their own is a pretty significant sign that this kind of story is definitely the sort of thing they're suited for. I think this will seriously blow away readers, both real and ficitional (if you know what I mean), and I can't wait to see what will happen next week.
Old 2010-05-08, 16:25   Link #1129
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was also wondering what they replaced Kaya's gift with. I must say, Mashiro's gift for Miho was incredibly sweet.

Spoiler for :

Loved the chapter. Kaya's snoring was pretty cute too.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Old 2010-05-08, 16:37   Link #1130
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Seconded...can't believe Akito just let Mashiro see his wife snoring:P
The chapter was good, as expected of the series, the best time would be when they make it big. I'm glad that Shujin is still getting tired like before, it would have been really weird if he did the names fast because of the real-life experience helping him with it...detail's important after all.
Old 2010-05-08, 17:06   Link #1131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn View Post
Spoiler for :

Well yeah, that's what happened. Kaya's snoring was cute indeed, Mashiro asking Shujin if it was okay for him to see it was pretty funny.
Old 2010-05-08, 21:57   Link #1132
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The funny thing is, this manga sounds like something Ohba Tsugumi would write.
Totally, and I'd so want to read that manga.
Well played Tsugimi, now I really really want to read that manga >_>
Old 2010-05-09, 16:24   Link #1133
Somnus
Eh?

I've said before that I was interested in reading "Natural" by Iwase. Though that curiousity is nothing compared to how much I would want to read something like TPCC. I enjoyed Ashirogi's antics!
Old 2010-05-14, 08:23   Link #1134
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Damn you ohba, made me wanna continue reading ashirogi´s new manga....
Ohba´s scheme is perfect, he can write what he want, and even more. He has the opportunity to live out his phantasies for other series, IN his own series. Talk about living your dream ;/
Old 2010-05-14, 08:53   Link #1135
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The wait for next weeks chapter is going to be pretty damn painful. Oh i just can't wait for what kind of reactions we'll get to see.
Old 2010-05-14, 09:08   Link #1136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty cool chapter. I enjoyed seeing a bit of Perfect crime club, it vaguely reminds of the beginning of Onani master Kurosawa. Also, the heroine looks pretty cute.

I was amused that True Human's author going to a cabaret had a very positive result on his manga. Yet another proof that you can find inspiration everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Ohba´s scheme is perfect, he can write what he want, and even more. He has the opportunity to live out his phantasies for other series, IN his own series. Talk about living your dream ;/
Yeah, I'm sure he enjoys being able to write whatever concept goes through his head. Having a poll at the end of the manga asking which manga-inside-the-manga the readers liked the most would be interesting.
Old 2010-05-14, 09:36   Link #1137
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Pretty cool chapter. I enjoyed seeing a bit of Perfect crime club, it vaguely reminds of the beginning of Onani master Kurosawa. Also, the heroine looks pretty cute.

I was amused that True Human's author going to a cabaret had a very positive result on his manga. Yet another proof that you can find inspiration everywhere

Yeah, I'm sure he enjoys being able to write whatever concept goes through his head. Having a poll at the end of the manga asking which manga-inside-the-manga the readers liked the most would be interesting.
Then... guess what his next manga would be. That would actually be pretty good, Ohba writing the most popular series of that poll.

I will be perfectly honset though, Perfect Crime Club didn't seem super interesting to me. Sure, it was good, but not as good as they were making it out to be. Maybe once I know more about it, but from the pages I saw today, it wouln't be my type of manga.
Old 2010-05-14, 13:15   Link #1138
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
I liked Future Watch and Trap most =/
but i wouldn´t mind reading Otters 11 for that matter of fact, or is it just Ashirogi´s series that´s up for vote?
Old 2010-05-15, 00:14   Link #1139
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

TPCC looks more interesting than expected. Ironically and unsurprisingly the art is similar to Bakuman (which is awesome). Next chapter will be fun.
Old 2010-05-15, 01:42   Link #1140
RyanAs

I like this series I'm only at chapter 30 or so but it rocks Are they still doing Detective Trap in the later chapters?
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen