AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 16:17   Link #121
ookamigirl

The right word to describe it was shock.
Lots of drama and sadness.
The unavoidable flashbacks were the only bright thing in it.
This episode felt like "In memory of..."
Really interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 20:58   Link #122
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Personally, i felt the flashbacks were effective in describing the time the three of them had together and the bond between the brothers. However it seems that Kakeru magically seemed taller and cooler looking after the heart transplant, how convenient.
But its great he took his brother's death well after given some time.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:39   Link #123
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I guess that's one way the little brother will continue playing soccer. With his brother's heart, I wonder if his problems from using the left leg is gone or not. He did just his left leg when saving the girl and puppy which was shows how powerful he's going to be. Pretty sure he'll continue playing soccer once Kakeru finds out that his brother donated his heart to him. The problem now is who's going to give him those perfect passes. I wonder if Seven will start playing also, probably can't play in regular games though just like Aoba in Cross game.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:50   Link #124
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Pretty sure he'll continue playing soccer once Kakeru finds out that his brother donated his heart to him. The problem now is who's going to give him those perfect passes.
Well, going by the OP alone you can see there are a few characters yet to be introduced. The king to Kakeru's knight might be one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I wonder if Seven will start playing also, probably can't play in regular games though just like Aoba in Cross game.
Seven can't play with the male team but there are other possibilities for her:

1) Transferring to a school with a female team. This way she could even participate in the Inter High.

2) After middle school she could try for one of the teams of the Nadeshiko league.

3) As revealed in this episode, she promised Suguru and Kakeru that the three of them would wear the blue uniform of the Japanese national team. This means that her personal goal is to play as a member of Nadeshiko Japan. How is she gonna achieve that is anyone guess though.
Old 2012-01-22, 02:54   Link #125
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Wow did they skip a lot of scenes or what? I would of expected them to at least have him in the hospital longer than half an episode. Also disappointed that the
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-22, 03:23   Link #126
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Wow did they skip a lot of scenes or what? I would of expected them to at least have him in the hospital longer than half an episode. Also disappointed that the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 04:20   Link #127
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Spoiler:
I don't think the timeslot for this allows that level of gore.

I mean, they didn't even show the bloody head.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 08:31   Link #128
Yume Hanabi

Am I the only one who thought
Spoiler for ep3:

That aside, I really enjoyed the flashbacks.
Old 2012-01-22, 12:51   Link #129
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

got a kenshin persona going on there.. complete with narrowed eyes. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 15:16   Link #130
kitten320

Didn't like the last scene, it looked very off and makes it look like Kakeru is not there anymore, just Suguru what is unbelievable.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:09   Link #131
Arya

I'm the clinical psychiatrist, mmm no
I'm the cynical psychiatrist, not even
I'm the clinical bitch ok, sound fitting.
I can't say how weird that question was. I mean, probably it was needed to give us a hint on what will come, but it was really creepy.
Anyways I liked this episode.
Spoiler for ep.3:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:33   Link #132
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Spoiler for ep.3:
I don't know about that. Remeber Kakeru thought Seven liked Suguru because he saw her giving Suguru a gilft before leaving the team. But episode 3 revealed that gift contained two misanga, one for Suguru and another one for Kakeru.

Basically, Kakeru misunderstood that scene. Most likely Seven never liked Suguru like Kakeru thought.

It should be noted though, that when Suguru gave Kakeru his misanga he didn't tell him it was from Seven. I wonder if Suguru didn't tell him because he was jealous of Kakeru....
Old 2012-01-22, 19:44   Link #133
kitten320

Quote:
I can't say how weird that question was.
I didn't get it at first before the heart transplant was mentioned

If Kakeru will keep changing hard like that, it really is better to keep the whole heart transplant a secret from not only him but everyone else. Because comments like "That's Suguru's power" will 100% pop up and instead of accepting Kakeru for whom he is, they will see Suguru and that's depressing.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:00   Link #134
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't know about that. Remeber Kakeru thought Seven liked Suguru because he saw her giving Suguru a gilft before leaving the team. But episode 3 revealed that gift contained two misanga, one for Suguru and another one for Kakeru.

Basically, Kakeru misunderstood that scene. Most likely Seven never liked Suguru like Kakeru thought.

It should be noted though, that when Suguru gave Kakeru his misanga he didn't tell him it was from Seven. I wonder if Suguru didn't tell him because he was jealous of Kakeru....
I thought the same before the preview, but the way they put that the answer he gives to Nana made me rethink the all thing. But it easily could be a red herring. Nana until now gives us little hints at whom she care for the most.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:28   Link #135
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Nana until now gives us little hints at whom she care for the most.
You think so? I think there are hints, although they are pretty subtle. For instance, Nana has always spent more time with Kakeru than with Suguru. Also, in this episode she said she won't quit the club, right after telling Kakura that all the girls that entered the club because of Suguru had quit. There also her reaction to the accident at the end of episode 2 (she only screams Kakeru's name).

In fact, most of the time Seven and Suguru were interacting, they were always talking about Kakeru.
Old 2012-01-23, 03:08   Link #136
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You think so? I think there are hints, although they are pretty subtle. For instance, Nana has always spent more time with Kakeru than with Suguru. Also, in this episode she said she won't quit the club, right after telling Kakura that all the girls that entered the club because of Suguru had quit. There also her reaction to the accident at the end of episode 2 (she only screams Kakeru's name).

In fact, most of the time Seven and Suguru were interacting, they were always talking about Kakeru.
Probably I didn't express myself properly, the red herring is the preview. The little hints I was referred to are the same you wrote here.
My only doubts are related to how Nana reacted to that question and that we don't have enough information from the flashbacks to say something more. Because if Nana had at least a crush on Suguru back then it would give more consistency to the currently, and hard to die I bet, Kakeru's misunderstanding.

Old 2012-01-25, 09:48   Link #137
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

No matter what i look at those red shirts , i'm thinking of Spiderman lol

Anyway , looks like there was some animations drop but well , it didn't matter , the drama was good enough & yes , the ending scene was so -.-
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:07   Link #138
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Looks like a nice boost for the manga - broke into the top 10 at #5 this week, with almost 80K units sold.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 20:39   Link #139
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Looks like a nice boost for the manga - broke into the top 10 at #5 this week, with almost 80K units sold.
Glad to hear it. I'm not all that pleased with the anime adaptation but if it helps to increase manga sales then it's ok. The manga is awesome, specially the parts focusing on women's football.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:32   Link #140
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Am I the only one who started to read this manga because of Nana? Finally finished it until the recent chapter and I think it's pretty good. After that, my friend told me that there's an anime adaptation for this one, and it's recent too (which surprised me..a lot)

So then I decided to try the adaptation. Do you think the adaptation is good enough?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports