AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 00:25   Link #41
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Killing someone would get him more in trouble with the guard, because a serial murderer stirs up a hornets nest like no ones business. IIRC when he gets accused of killing a particular individual in TDS, you have a horde of mystically trained super assassins out for revenge.

Besides nothing more amusing than giving everyone a bop across the bonce. Than hiding their bodies in questionable locations, like a closet or washroom. It's not as funny if they're dead.

for reference:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-23, 10:04   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Garrett doesn't enjoy killing, he's a thief that his "profession" he'd prefer if a mission was done without killing. From the creed.

But it doesn't matter cause I bop everyone on the head with my mighty black jack!
The blackjack may be one of my most favorite weapons in FPS history.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:27   Link #43
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I hope they will have the same type of speech/voices like in the previous games. Being called a taffer was so funny
Old 2013-03-27, 11:42   Link #44
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/27/th...-have-options/

Quote:
Thief’s Focus ability detailed, Eidos Montreal want to ensure that purists have options
Not looking good Starting to get scared about what Eidos is doing to Thief. May turn out like Hitman Absolution.
Old 2013-03-27, 21:25   Link #45
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
In at least one aspect Eidos Montreal qualifies for a Doing the Research award when it comes to this game. Specifically, the design of Garrett's bow, as expounded upon in this GameInformer feature.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 13:47   Link #46
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/29/th...-and-a-candle/

Not much, more information to be announced on the 2nd of April.
Old 2013-04-01, 21:47   Link #47
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/thief-debut-trailer/

Quote:
Thief reveal trailer: Garrett explores what makes a perfect plunderer

Really hope that is just the narrators voice or a place holder voice for Garret it needs Stephen Russell. Without it, Thief just wont be the same.
Old 2013-04-04, 05:26   Link #48
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Stephen Russel wont be rehashing his role as Garret due to his lack of physical fitness for Eidos Montreal. They are using full performance motion capture so the VA had to be able to perform stunts as well as they did for Tomb Raider.
Old 2013-04-04, 05:46   Link #49
Mr Hat and Clogs

He does sound similar to Stephen Russel, though. A bit deeper. I'd still prefer Steven, but oh well... I can deal

Compare the two...

Old 2013-04-04, 08:14   Link #50
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Stephen Russel wont be rehashing his role as Garret due to his lack of physical fitness for Eidos Montreal. They are using full performance motion capture so the VA had to be able to perform stunts as well as they did for Tomb Raider.
Why do they need to do that :s This is how I feel about all this

This deal is getting worse all the time!
Old 2013-04-04, 10:42   Link #51
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Eidos has, by the way, no plans to add competitive multiplayer to this game (GameSpot article). This said, if they do, such a thing would ideally hew closely to the tenets of the Spies vs. Mercs mode from... SC: Pandora Tomorrow, I think (it's also planned for Blacklist).
Old 2013-04-04, 19:52   Link #52
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
No forced MP, please. kkthxkai

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 05:27   Link #53
Mentar
Banned

First Person, Water Arrows, Rope Arrows, Blackjack... the toolset of a true Thief game is back ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 05:42   Link #54
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
First Person, Water Arrows, Rope Arrows, Blackjack... the toolset of a true Thief game is back ^_^
Thankfully!
Well they said they are going to switch between first and third-person when you climb for example (well, i guess like DE:HR also switched into third-person when you climbed a ladder).

And I am a little worried about the sprint mode wich lets you jump over small obstacles atomatic... but I guess this is all about balancing.
Some people on the internet are really worried about Gerret being a silent-running ninja now, but if a person that runs through a room and jumps over tables has the noise level of a person that... well... is running through a room and jumping over tables, that's okay. I also believe the diving from cover to cover mechanic is also very much like the cover mechanic from DE:HR, so it's not that overpowered i hope.
Old 2013-04-07, 06:27   Link #55
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
No forced MP, please. kkthxkai
Actually i m a bit disappointed that they didn't try to do any multiplayer mode. Something along the veins of Assassin creed style would be nice. But it's just one of those wishes of mine for something new to the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Thankfully!
Well they said they are going to switch between first and third-person when you climb for example (well, i guess like DE:HR also switched into third-person when you climbed a ladder).

And I am a little worried about the sprint mode wich lets you jump over small obstacles atomatic... but I guess this is all about balancing.
Some people on the internet are really worried about Gerret being a silent-running ninja now, but if a person that runs through a room and jumps over tables has the noise level of a person that... well... is running through a room and jumping over tables, that's okay. I also believe the diving from cover to cover mechanic is also very much like the cover mechanic from DE:HR, so it's not that overpowered i hope.
I just hope it won't be a series of chest high walls for you to hide behind. The game relies a lot on actual visibility of your character via the light gems instead of hiding behind obstacles. Hopefully they don't deviate too much from that aspect.
Old 2013-04-07, 07:36   Link #56
Mr Hat and Clogs

If they reduce the game to CBC, feces shall hit the fan hard enough to break the fan. I don't want to see a single chest high wall, just lots of shadows, torches to extinguish and heads to bop.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:40   Link #57
Mr Hat and Clogs

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...s-Risky-Reboot

Have to say, more and more I read about the game, the more it sounds like an Assassins Creed rip off, and it makes me angry. I'm sure mechanically the game will be great, but story and theme wise... I'm skeptical.

And yet again, it's another example of excessive spending by developers to with all the mo-cap stuff.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2013-04-18 at 05:50.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:53   Link #58
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Eidos has, by the way, no plans to add competitive multiplayer to this game (GameSpot article). This said, if they do, such a thing would ideally hew closely to the tenets of the Spies vs. Mercs mode from... SC: Pandora Tomorrow, I think (it's also planned for Blacklist).
I think a multiplayer mode where you have to compete to steal a randomly placed treasure item could have a lot of potential and would be far more appropriate than some "deathmatch" mode in a Thief game.
Old 2013-04-19, 19:36   Link #59
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I think a multiplayer mode where you have to compete to steal a randomly placed treasure item could have a lot of potential and would be far more appropriate than some "deathmatch" mode in a Thief game.
Multiple thieves competing to find and remove an item from the map, while having to avoid guards and traps the whole time? That does have potential... and would be an equally welcome addition to Blacklist's Spies vs. Mercs (SvM) mode.

For the record, since I neglected to elaborate earlier: SvM is as I recall an objective-based mode where one team has to infiltrate an area and interact with a number of objects (depending on flavor, this may also include bringing things to an exfiltration point), and the other takes up the role of the facility's security force.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:36   Link #60
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/27/th...rted-setbacks/

Sounds real bad, better get the coffins ready.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2013-04-29 at 14:13.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote