AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 03:39   Link #1
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

S video

I've only got a laptop 15" screen and would like to watch anime on my rear projection tv. I have NFI how to convert MKV/OGM to DVD but that's ok.

I notice that my laptop has a 7 pin tv out (female s-video). Now I have this problem

1. my TV doesn't have s video, only composite RCA, I'm having a real hard time finding a 7 pin s-video to RCA. i've read that 4 pin s-video will work but I haven't been able to confirm this. (this would make my life so much easier)
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 08:12   Link #2
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

There is no real 7pin S-Video afaik, that 7 pin plug is a special thing usually used in grahpic cards. It provides Y'PbPr or RGB component video. However with the right adapter, one can easily get S-Video (Y/C) out of it... and that can be transformed to FBAS (composit). So with the right adapter you will have one standard SVideo (4pin) one standard FBAS (1 RCA yellow) and an RGB (3 RCA jacks - red green blue) output.
Old 2007-04-19, 15:40   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Google is your friend. A quick search for "s-video rca converter" takes me here:

http://search.cablestogo.com/?SH=A%3...&AnswerID=2897
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 16:14   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

In that case it maybe is not what he needs (points to "S-Video (4-pin mini din)") vs. 7 pin (which sometimes works with 4 pin too... but I'ld check this before ^^')