Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-05, 22:46   Link #1
gh0stmice
*Artist

Talking No limit to the madness!!!Free For All

im not looking for a particular genre ...im looking for a few series that i can munch on for awhile...list some of your favorites of ""ALL"" times....can be harem, horror, comedy, romance, action, deep, crazy, sick, perverse, disgusting, dark....something that will move me to no end....give me your "must see" list...

also id like to see one that would make me cry...i seriously havnt cryed in sooo long, and i really want to for some odd reason...

im kinda new to this scene so i probably havent seen what ever your planning on recommending...

i cant stress this enough...i want to know your favorites, ones you couldn't live without...plz also give a small description so i can sort through and watch depending on my mood...

looking forward to seeing what you put down
Old 2007-12-05, 23:13   Link #2
jedinat

Well, I already suggested Juuni Kokuki, Haibane Renmei, and Mushishi in your other thread, so...

Full Moon wo Sagashite - Shoujo romance anime about a young girl told she has a year left to live... with the help of two shinigami she sets out to fulfill her dream to become a singer with what time she has left. It's a good show in spite of the kiddy atmosphere... should make anyone tear up quite a lot.

Trigun
- A long time favorite of mine; Vash is awesome.

Hachimitsu to Clover - A very good slice-of-[college]-life anime, with romance and characters that are dealt with in a very believable and moving manner.

Onegai Teacher - The anime that got me hooked on romance. Weak protagonist, but still overall a very good show.

Kino no Tabi - One of those anime that everyone has to see.

Hellsing (2006) - Vampire girl + the awesome Alucard = must-see for any action/vampire/horror fan.

Kamichu! - A great series about a girl who suddenly and inexplicably became a Shinto deity.

There are a lot more, but I think I'll stop there ^^
Old 2007-12-05, 23:21   Link #3
gh0stmice
*Artist

yeah i watched many episodes in all three...liked them...ok well i didn't like haibone renmei to much....it took way to long to actually to get the story started...i still see no conflict in it......so i will continue watching those... mishshi isn't really a series..its kinda a bunch of episodes, that im able to pick up and put down whenever....

what im trying to say is i totally appreciate ...
Old 2007-12-05, 23:51   Link #4
kjk8288
Caffein > Sleep

Welcome to the NHK: it remains as my all time favourite. It's about social awkwards who can't fit into society and how they slowly learn to adopt.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: remains as one of my top favourited comedy. The animation graphics are great and it's entertaining. Although you probably seen this already.

Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora: Very touching anime, it has a bittersweet ending but overall I'd give it 10/10. Also, only 6 episodes long so it's very little time consuming.

Death note: This is another one of those, "you'd probably seen this already" anime. It's probably the most intellgent anime out there. It's pretty close to my top list, right below NHK. It's about a genius who finds a notebook from the deathgods called death note. He wants to punish the sinful with the book and recreate a world where he can proclaim himself as "God".

Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal: 4 OVA series that came out after Rurouni Kenshin. It's the story explaining the past about the main protagonist of Rurouni Kenshin. I didn't like the anime at all, but the 4 episode OVA series: Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal was really great. Really depressing ending though.

Code Geass: I really despised the character design but the storyline is great. Along with the main protagonist's determination to wipe out the almighty powerhouse of the world, Brittania. The main protagonist has the power to control people's mind, however limited to once per person. Like death note, the main protagonist is highly intellgent bent on killing everyone who stands in his way. But unlike Light from Death Note, Lelouch from Code Geass actaully has somewhat a heart.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:19   Link #5
gh0stmice
*Artist

wow sounds like some good stuff....i cant wait to sink my teeth into.....sooo many and so little time...thank you
Old 2007-12-06, 00:32   Link #6
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien: this is a sad one, made me teary, 100% romance

Code Geass: this is mecha so it might turn some people away but the characters are among the best in the anime universe (my opinion of course)

Deathnote: suspense, dark (Deathnote and Code Gaess protaganist are very similiar and unique in the anime universe, anyone know of more main characters like these let me know)

Ai Yori Aoshi: very sweet romance, romantic comedy

GTO: funniest ever (coming from a guy's point of view), school comedy

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu: second only to GTO in terms of comedy, school comedy, romantic comedy

Naruto ep. 1-80 and possibly 81-136: long deep story (a lot of people would disagree ^^), gets emotional at times (anything after 136 are fillers and do not pertain to the main story, it kinda killed the magic of the show, atleast for me, ignore if possible), shounen, ninja action, comedy, drama, supsense, romance

Love Hina: fun harem type

Elfen Lied: very gory, well done nudity and, extremely sad (among my top 10 fav anime of all time)

Ergo Proxy: post apocalyptic, psychological (not for everyone and probably better ones out there, but this is one of the most recent of this type i've see)

Ichigo 100% : harem, romance, school life

School Days: so many words to discribe this, dont even know what to use.....watch to the end, you will be stun, school life, crazy ending

enjoy
Old 2007-12-06, 01:01   Link #7
d.sinclair

bunch of mine have already been named, so:

School Rumble: really, really hilarious. one of my favorite comedies, although second season loses a bit of shine.

ARIA: Not much drama but makes you feel good about life.

Monster: awesome, gripping, dark story and excellently done characters.

Genshiken: great comedic look at otaku life.

Berserk: incredibly dark, gory, action packed goodness. and the manga is still going.

Ichigo Mashimaro: cute, lighthearted, funny.

Gurren Lagann: not my favorite, but definitely is for a whole lot of other people. very manly, action-packed series.

Black Lagoon: very badass action series. as badass as gurren lagann is manly

Maison Ikkoku: older one, but still one of the best love stories I've seen.

Seikai no Senki/Monshou: one of the best space action dramas. another older one

...and more
Old 2007-12-06, 10:35   Link #8
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
Mahou Shoujotai: For me, this is the best anime-series ever. The episodes are only of half the usual length, but in that, it accomplishes enough to create an awesome story that keeps you guessing and interested.

Noein: The character-development for this series is awesome. The art-style may be totally different from usual, but it works perfectly.

Simoun: A lot of people are turned off by a rather confusing first episode, but this series grows out to be a really sad series with wonderful characters.

Visions of Escaflowne: another fantasy-adventure, and especially the second half delivers an awesome storyline.

These are just some of my own favourites. Others include The Third, Bokura no, Revolutionary Girl Utena and .Hack//Sign.
Old 2007-12-06, 10:57   Link #9
Qwazar

Let's see what goodies can we pull out of my ANIMEGEEKOTAKUOMGWTF list.

Samurai Champloo- Definately a must see. Easy to watch, awesome, not-too-fake combats. As the title suggests it is about two samurais.. and a girl. These two aren't your everyday samurai, both have awesome personalities, and look pretty awesome in my opinion. The animation overall is great, ending is... interesting.

Cowboy Bebop- If I mention Samurai Champloo I definately need to mention this as well. It's about a bounty hunter of space. Extremely stylish anime, well drawn, well executed. For some reason it always seems similar to Samurai Champloo to me, even though, except for the extremely stylish protagonist there isn't practicaly anything similar between those two shows.

FLCL- I know that many people dislike this anime, but I absolutely loved it. Can't really explain this one. One thing I can say for sure- awesome animation, everything else is too weird to explain.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya- One of my all time favorites. Telling pretty much aything would be a spoiler in this case, except that it deals with school comedy and aliens and has some of the greatest characters ever. The episode numbers are messed up, might want to find out how to watch it 'properly', however I watched the eps in original order and loved it lots.

Honey and clover- About an art school. Only pure romance anime that always make it into my all time favorite anime lists. Good characters, great teary bits, very... peaceful pacing, really, not slow, peaceful. It IS sad, but it IS great.

Mushishi- Another anime I can say only good about. Nearly no two episodes have connected story, all of them are about this one guy, that helps people with their mushi problems. Those are weird creatures, not much more can be said about them. not your typical anime, that's for sure.

Lucky Star- Just finished watching this. It was extremely hilarious and very relaxing. Also has the cutest otaku ever in it. There is something like one male character in it and he doesn't even play important role at all. And the weirdest thing about school comedy anime (seen this only in Azumanga Daioh besides this)--- NO sexual references(!!!), well, even if there are some, they are just funny. T's good.

Last edited by Qwazar; 2007-12-06 at 11:32.
Old 2007-12-06, 11:26   Link #10
Stefkov

Eureka Seven - Amazing story and animation. It really made me feel along after watching it. It just digs at you, the love in it.

Death Note - Just amazing to watch. I actually thought at some times, what it gonna happen next, he's cornered. But it just keeps on surprising.

Berserk - Really dark anime. It's only a small part of the manga, form what I read. It's just a great story and you ask a lot of questions at the end of it. It ends so abruptly but you'd have to read up/read the manga to know what happens.

Lucky Star - Just enjoyable to watch. Watch it.
Closed Thread