AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-08-21, 01:25   Link #1
Samari
World's Greatest

Public restrooms.

This thread isn't for the faint of heart. You may want to stop reading here.

Do you use them? I was talking to a friend a week ago and he doesn't use them under any circumstances and claims to only have used a public restroom once in his entire life. He's almost 30. I was really surprised to be honest, since I use public bathooms if I need to. My philosophy is "when you gotta go, you gotta go".

There is one thing that makes me feel weird about using public bathrooms and that is if I have to go number two and someone walks in. It's kind of embarrassing. What's worse is if they have to do the same thing and go into the stall right next to me. My bathroom time has to be one of the top five things I don't like sharing. Even if I'm not using a restroom and walk in just to wash my hands or something and hear someone blowing up the toilet, I definitely make sure to get the hell out of there ASAP. Some people don't care, they will nuke the bowl if they must.

How do you view public bathrooms? Do you even step into them? Some are downright nasty. Do you let loose if you need to? Or do you just put up with it until you get home?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 03:11   Link #2
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Erm, about your 'people-walking-in-while-you're-doing-number-two' statement... don't you have stalls with locked doors in your country? O_o" Or unless you meant something else. lol

Well, my college obviously has public restrooms, and my friends and I use it all the time to relief ourselves so much so that it's a natural thing... In fact, I think everyone in my country see public restrooms as quite a normal thing, probably because most of them are clean and, well, secure. Heck, some of them are even nicely decorated.

Of course, there's always the low-down, filthy, and low-quality ones with greasy floors and broken locks (I guess that's what you meant). Gawd, I hate the broken locks, but not as much as I hate A LACK OF TOILET PAPER. That's the biggest problem with the restrooms of my toilet. I always either had to sneak into the Girl's Room to grab some (girls preserving toilet paper, go figure) or buy some packets of tissues from the drink stall in my school canteen if I ever need to go number two. Anyway, back to the low-down, filthy, low quality toilets. I mean restrooms (we just call then 'toilets' around here).

Those are more common around old coffee shops (our local, olden version of food-courts), actually. I remember there was one near a rubbish dump. Hell, there was even a toll for it, too. Yeah, we used to have tolls for our restrooms. 10 cents per entrance. Some even charged 20 cents. <_< I don't mind using the old, less quality restrooms, since, well, like you said, when you gotta go, you gotta go. I don't really see a difference between using those restrooms and using my own restroom, actually, probably because I'm more open-minded and carefree. It's better than having shat in my pants. <_<

Which is another thing - I'd rather them building more public restrooms so that I could rush to one whenever I need to go. Shat in my pants is quite a frequent incident in my life, whenever I couldn't find a restroom soon enough. Holding it won't do if I'm taking long trips, which I often do when I'm traveling somewhere, since most of the major malls are quite far from where I'm living (not to mention my college being on the other side of the country).

Another thing, I used to hide in public restrooms, hang out there when I was playing truancy back in Primary School (Elementary School for you guys). There was kinda a unfortunate incident that occurred once when I was there. Don't really wanna talk about it. But let's just say it involves some guy jacking off next to my stall (imagine a 10 year old like me not knowing much and you'll figure it out).
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 03:53   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Those inside my school or at offices I work are usually very clean (I clean some of them as a summer job after all and I make sure they are spotless)

Others at stations etc. that work with the put-in-a-coin system are those you really want to avoid. They are cleaned about once a day or even less and no one's around if someone has an accident to clean it. They are usually filled with condoms, smokes and drug remains here, so I avoid them like a plague.

It is usual here that public restrooms in warehouses or at least massive stores are kept well clean as there is a cleaning lady on duty all day who lets you use it for a small fee of a couple cents. She makes sure it is all cleaned a couple times a day and if something does happen she makes sure it is cleaned up right away
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 05:08   Link #4
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoon View Post
Erm, about your 'people-walking-in-while-you're-doing-number-two' statement... don't you have stalls with locked doors in your country? O_o" Or unless you meant something else. lol
Of course we do. I'll be more specific in the future.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-08-21, 05:18   Link #5
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post

There is one thing that makes me feel weird about using public bathrooms and that is if I have to go number two and someone walks in. It's kind of embarrassing. What's worse is if they have to do the same thing and go into the stall right next to me. My bathroom time has to be one of the top five things I don't like sharing. Even if I'm not using a restroom and walk in just to wash my hands or something and hear someone blowing up the toilet, I definitely make sure to get the hell out of there ASAP. Some people don't care, they will nuke the bowl if they must.

How do you view public bathrooms? Do you even step into them? Some are downright nasty. Do you let loose if you need to? Or do you just put up with it until you get home?
ROFL, I feel exactly the same . I'm very prudish with that and I don't like it when I'm not alone. So I awlays try to be alone and if there is someone, I come back later

Futhermore, I absolutely hate restroom which are not cleaned. Public restroom are otfen dirty so I avoid them.
Old 2010-08-21, 05:55   Link #6
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I've only used them a few times, and those were "emergencies" if you catch my drift. Other than that I avoid them, I don't wanna get some type of butt rash y'know!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 06:08   Link #7
Irkalla
I asked for this

Of course I use public restrooms, but I never actually sit down on the toilet directly, or at least put tissues around. Some more modern toilets even have that tissue scrolling around, (or whatever would you call that)but there is always that joke that it's the same pile of tissue rolling around But back to your original question, no I don't feel the slightest thing embarrassed or whatever. Some girlfriends had told me that they feel awkward when their piss sound or the "number two" dump sound is heard, but I don't get that. It's not like anybody is any different, we all have to go when nature calls.

Though I don't know how I would feel if I was a guy and had to use public urinals. I'd probably feel awkward if some old grandpa in the urinal next to me was checking out my package. Most men restrooms don't have any kind of wall between urinals after all. If it was a hot guy tho, it would be perfectly okay

So to put an extra question to that of ops, have you guys experienced other guys looking at your package at the urinals? And how do you feel about that? Some friends had told me that they automatically check out others, and no, they are not gay, maybe latent gay?
Old 2010-08-21, 06:48   Link #8
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
So to put an extra question to that of ops, have you guys experienced other guys looking at your package at the urinals? And how do you feel about that? Some friends had told me that they automatically check out others, and no, they are not gay, maybe latent gay?
Looooool, no never Too prudish for that Btw, What I really don't like is when someone strat to talking to you at the urinal ! This is blasphemy
Old 2010-08-21, 07:01   Link #9
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Looooool, no never Too prudish for that Btw, What I really don't like is when someone strat to talking to you at the urinal ! This is blasphemy
Oh lol, so what do they talk about, I hope not about the weather? Or like "Wassup dude" or "feels good man"
Old 2010-08-21, 07:16   Link #10
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Quote:
So to put an extra question to that of ops, have you guys experienced other guys looking at your package at the urinals?
Hah... no. Singaporeans are never really that, erm, I guess the term is 'obscure'? lol We're too secluded to do that kind of thing. That's why when some idiot does so, it's perfectly alright to give him a good whacking for performing such an outrageous act.

I guess the case is not whether we're secluded or not, but rather, the thought of being labeled as a homosexual for looking at someone else's junk. Since gay marriage is either banned or not common around here.
WBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 07:32   Link #11
LynnieS

Quote:
This thread isn't for the faint of heart. You may want to stop reading here.
What a fascinating thread...

Quote:
Yeah, but not for the "number two" when it comes to public restrooms - although there can be exceptions. The ones in the major JP department stores or top-tier CN ones are usually kept quite clean with regular cleanings, someone posted there directly or both. Places like the metro stations, airports (excluding clubs) and so on, heck no; I'm just glad that being a guy, our restrooms don't usually have a line for the urinals.

As for looking at other guys' packages... No, unless it was by accident. Definitely there is no looking - eyes front and looking forward... once you know that you're "on target", that is.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 07:42   Link #12
Kusa-San

Quote:
Oh lol, so what do they talk about, I hope not about the weather? Or like "Wassup dude" or "feels good man"
It's something like "Hey how are you today" and me I'm thinking "Please, just shup up" There should be a rule about that
Old 2010-08-21, 07:45   Link #13
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
It's something like "Hey how are you today" and me I'm thinking "Please, just shup up" There should be a rule about that
Well, there is always the "turning over to reply... and accidentally *cough* spraying him" routine that could be done.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 12:16   Link #14
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Trying to compare sizes, I'd imagine.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 13:11   Link #15
Qikz

I only ever used my college toilets once and my school toilets once well, since I was 10, my primary school had really clean toilets.

I generally avoid public toilets at all costs, I'll either try and hold it in and rush home or make sure I go before I go out. Can't stand public toilets, they just feel so dirty all the time.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-21, 13:18   Link #16
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Well, the ones at restaurants are OK, but the ones you get when you're on a road trip usually smell like complete crap(literally). I usually avoid public restrooms, though, and hold it.
Old 2010-08-21, 13:24   Link #17
Raiga
tl;dr

I didn't know so many people felt so strongly about public bathrooms. XD

They can be pretty disgusting but in my opinion, and as someone else said, when you gotta go you gotta go.
Old 2010-08-21, 14:00   Link #18
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

urenals should have more cover. and stalls should have better doors where no one can see threw the cracks of the door like a few extra inches of wood or w.e covering the cracks where the door is supose to stop.

and damn it people, Go back to potty training. I'm tired of seeing toilets COVERED in piss or crap. its pathetic and sad.

(not accusing anyone of course... eexxcceept YOU *points*)
Old 2010-08-21, 14:18   Link #19
Samari
World's Greatest

Have you folks ever used a porta potty? I have think I have once in my life. NEVER AGAIN. At this point I think going in your pants is a better alternative.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-08-21, 14:25   Link #20
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

When I gotta go, I gotta go. It beats having to do it out on the street and hope that no one sees me (which is technically illegal and could get me a hefty fine if a cop catches me in the act).

And consider this, when other people come in there, they (normally) have to go as well, so I don't see why that's so embarrassing. A long time ago, we had public restrooms out on the street and those had NO doors. Imagine having to do something in there and have someone walk in on you.