AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2006-02-09, 21:42   Link #21
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Wrestling fan since i was 6 years old.

I have seen the rise of Batista, where it started for him, by being somewhat of d-von dudlesy slave when the dudley boys were seprated. Batista would collect money from the fans.

I also used to watch alot of WCW, I liked it better than the WWF. Sting was awsome, the wolf pack they were great. I believe it was "Big sexy" Kevin Nash, Sting, Conan, and Lex lugar who was in the wolf pack, there entrance theme was also great. Booker T was cool when he was wearing the tight pants back then, and he was tag team champs with his bro.

Anyways i watch Raw when i can, when i dont got homework or not busy, but i always stick out for the PPV events.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 23:37   Link #22
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
Never seen RoH, but TNA isn't all that great. WWE can put out great matches when they use their best. TNA's X division looks like they're dancing, and not wrestling.
Check out RoH.

Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi -- a bit of a chop-fest, but still a fun watch

That site also used to have the Triple Threat Low Ki/American Dragon/Fallen Angel match, which was really f*cking good.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 22:44   Link #23
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Vince McMahon got his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today.

- - - - -
Wrestling producer McMahon gets star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

LOS ANGELES—It was a smack-down—Hollywood-style.

Vince McMahon, the promoter who helped turn professional wrestling into prime-time TV entertainment, got a star Friday on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

He humbly thanked wrestling fans and wrestlers before shifting into the cocky, evil Mr. McMahon persona he uses on World Wrestling Entertainment telecasts.

"I already know I'm a star," he said, drawing cheers from the crowd. "I'm the biggest star of all time."

McMahon, owner of World Wrestling Entertainment, was honored in the television category.

He has often appeared in the ring himself and helped wrestlers such as Hulk Hogan and The Rock, whose real name is Dwayne Johnson, become mainstream show business stars.
- - - - -
Source
Old 2009-01-09, 06:20   Link #24
Yuki Cross
Chair....Daddy.

Send a message via MSN to Yuki Cross
I love watching wrestling
And mostly because of

1] Rey Mysterio
2] Batista
3] Jeff Hardy

other wrestlers are good too, but those are the 3 I mostly watch it for.

:P

btw, that list is in order.
Yuki Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-09, 06:37   Link #25
mg1942

I like odd matches.

Anyone here seen Mayweather Jr vs Big Show in Wrestlemania XXIV?
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-10, 01:03   Link #26
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I like odd matches.

Anyone here seen Mayweather Jr vs Big Show in Wrestlemania XXIV?
That was indeed odd and fun to watch.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 00:48   Link #27
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I am not too fond of wrestling anymore like I used to, when I was younger back with WCW was still around and the NWO was causing hate and destory everybody in their path.

My favorite wrestlers is Nature Boy "Ric Flair" WOOOHOOOO, Arn Anderson (one of the Four Horseman), Johnny Badd, and Ron Simmons
Old 2009-01-26, 01:45   Link #28
User91411
Disabled By Request

I was a wrestling fan, still am in a way but the storylines and many of the new talent suck ass nowadays imo. The storylines are always so rehashed...
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 08:40   Link #29
Snooker
Call me neet.

I watched "Raw" and "Smack Down" every week.My favorite wrestlers are "Legend Killer" Randy Orton and Undertaker.

P.S. "You 're fired"Mr. McMahon said!!!!
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 01:24   Link #30
AyumiDesu
Kiss-sui.com Princess

I love watching WWE "RAW" and "Smack down"

My favorite wrestlers are Triple H~. ( I have his T-shirt) ^o^
I love how he shows up with a bottle of water and spits it out EVERYWHERE!

Also, I love Undertaker.
His entrance is like a scene of a movie.

I hope I can go watch them LIVE!!!
AyumiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 11:10   Link #31
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Well it's official, Christian Cage returned to the WWE last night on ECW.I wonder why he left TNA? I guess he's gonna wear the ECW title in the near future.
Old 2009-02-11, 14:17   Link #32
Katydid

Send a message via AIM to Katydid Send a message via MSN to Katydid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
Well it's official, Christian Cage returned to the WWE last night on ECW.I wonder why he left TNA? I guess he's gonna wear the ECW title in the near future.
Ahh! I knew I shouldn't have stopped watching

I used to watch wrestling all the time, but once all the guys I loved started leaving the WWE, I stopped watching as much. Every time someone new came in, they just didn't seem very special and didn't make much of an impact on me. I'll still watch occasionally for the guys I love, like the Undertaker or the Hardyz, but I'm kinda eh about it now. I may have to start watching again for Christian though
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 20:20   Link #33
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankel View Post
So thats where he went. Too bad I'm going to miss seeing him on TNA.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 10:44   Link #34
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
I have to say that wrestling in the 80's and 90's are more enjoyable to watch then today's wrestling. Just my opinion, though...
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 16:40   Link #35
endless2010

I've been a prowrestling fan my entire life. Literary. My earliest memories are of a match between Warrior and Andre The Giant. I also remember liking Greg The Hammer Valentine a lot. I've been a big fan of The Undertaker through his entire run. HBK, Jericho, Raven and The Eliminators are also some of my all time favorites.

Today my wrestling viewing includes WWE, CMLL and AAA, and little bit of Japanese wrestling from the 90's. Also, I hate TNA like they stole something from me lol.

I do happen to enjoy today's WWE quiet a bit. Specially when I think back to the horrible 93 through 96 period or 2002 through 2004. That was some bad wrestling. My favorite brand is ECW. Raw and Smackdown are good, but they have that "business as usual" feel. ECW at least has new faces and usually a solid main event.
endless2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 08:45   Link #36
GreenLama
Banned

I am a huge professional wrestling fan and have followed it since 1984, but my VHS, Reel to Reel and DVD collection spans the entire 60's through today. I prefer New Japan Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling NOAH to any american wrestling company, Japanese wrestling seems to treat wrestling as a sport instead of entertainment and I like that because when I watch wrestling I treat it in the same reguards as I would a NFL or NBA game, so all in all I consider wrestling a sport reguardless of some definition in a dictionary of what "sport" really is.

I do enjoy Ring of Honor and light WWE, but WWE really has no respect for their championships and the product suffers greatly from bad matches and horrible drama style finishes, New Japan Pro Wrestling is the best in the world and the IWGP Heavyweight Championship is without a doubt Pro Wrestling's top prize.
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 21:31   Link #37
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

WWE Monday Night Raw 6/8/09 discussion

Discuss tonights WWE Monday Night Raw for 6/8/09 here! I am a huge wrestling fan and will be posting a new thread for Raw everyweek for fans who would like to have a little wrestling discussion with me, so kick back and relax and let's talk a lil' wrasslin'!
AnimePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 18:31   Link #38
AnimeFangirl

I just haven't felt the same about WWE since Eddie passed away. ;__;
Old 2009-06-30, 12:53   Link #39
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Talking Down the Memory Lane

Its been ages since I have watched a wrestling broadcast may it be TNA or WWE Franchises . The good ole days of wrestling are over the NItro/Raw rivalry or the gore/madness of ECW. The only thing associated with wrestling I have watched are News broadcasts of Chris Benoit and the movie Wrestler . So yeah basically I have dropped wrestling even Samoan Joe interest me no more . I always wondered what caused this paradigm of a shift .. did I grow up ? or wrestling got less entertaining . Because as a kid I used to be crazy about wrestling and I grew up in the DX era . Recently my College Buddies dropped by and well he had some of my old stuff on H.Disk.

While browsing through my old stuff I came across an album of a band called Saliva . I dont recall being much of a fan or the band, so I browsed through the folder .. So I started listening to it and to my sunrise one song took me down the memory lane . It was called Always yup the same track which was used in a WWE Promo of an pay.per.view event . Though my memory was hazy I could remember steel cages / Eric Bischoff and Elimination chamber . So I began searching for that promo . And I found it and I was blown away by nostalgia and the awesomeness of Raw.VS.Smackdown.

I wanted to share the video The Elimination Chamber Match - Promo . IMO one of the best Promos ever made and it was bad Blood between HHH and HBK . The events that have been recapped took place in a timer period of 45-50 days . That was then now we will hardly get to see so much in a year. No wonder I lost interest in Wrestling but I miss those good old days.

Here is the PROMO ( VIEWER DISCRETION Blood Gore and GAR ) and Fun starts 50 seconds into the promo.

Old 2014-05-02, 01:06   Link #40
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Is this thread dead? Just asking...