AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-31, 17:37   Link #421
GDB

I'd imagine if she shows up again, it'd be in a collaboration episode like the Day of the Doctor.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:18   Link #422
james0246

I'm kind of expecting a younger version of River to show up. I can't help but support the irony of different generations of River meeting with different generations of the Doctor only in reverse (an older River meeting a younger Doctor and vice versa).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-31, 19:28   Link #423
GDB

But she can't. From birth until Mels, she was under the Church of the Silence's control. From Mels, she became River Song, and then gave up her regenerations to save the Doctor.

Also, the oldest River Song already met Tennant, as that's when she died.

Also, finally watching the Angels take Manhattan, and the Doctor used regeneration energy to heal River's wrist. And thinking back, he almost regenerated back when River was supposed to kill him in the space suit. Yet in the Christmas special, he had no regenerations left, and none of the explanations included using them here. So... how's that work?

Last edited by GDB; 2013-12-31 at 21:15.
Old 2013-12-31, 23:00   Link #424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well when she killed him in Utah, that was to fake out the Silence and the universe in general since it wouldn't have been known he could,'rt regenerate.

For later? residual?
Old 2014-01-01, 00:58   Link #425
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post

Also, finally watching the Angels take Manhattan, and the Doctor used regeneration energy to heal River's wrist. And thinking back, he almost regenerated back when River was supposed to kill him in the space suit. Yet in the Christmas special, he had no regenerations left, and none of the explanations included using them here. So... how's that work?
Yeah that was the plot hole I was referring too
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 08:43   Link #426
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For God's sake, no more Rivers of any age. I don't even want a creek or a stream.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-01, 09:13   Link #427
GDB

Haha, I gotta say, even though I love River... I agree. No more River. Her time was with the Matt Smith Doctor. Anything further would feel forced unless he were in it as a collaboration episode.
Old 2014-01-01, 10:30   Link #428
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Her farewell in The Day Of The Doctor was done so well, I have to agree, anything else would seem forced.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2014-01-01, 18:57   Link #429
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
For God's sake, no more Rivers of any age. I don't even want a creek or a stream.
They had to explain her origin at some point. Better to do it now and get it over with. This way her future appearances can be what they should be: appearances, and she won't feel so overused as a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yeah that was the plot hole I was referring too
We're talking about a show where three people which are, or were, or will be the same person meet at different points in space and time to use or prevent a sentient weapon which looks like someone the doctor hasn't met or will meet to save or not save a planet which ends up being trapped in a painting in an alternate dimension which has a crack that he met when he first regenerated so it could give him more regeneration after he gets really old...and turns into someone else, who is still him.

All while flying around in a police box that's a time machine. I don't even bother with plot holes anymore. Doctor Who has always been absurd and that's part of the charm.
Old 2014-01-01, 22:46   Link #430
Kirarakim

Forget River, I'd like them to bring back some more Classic Companions.
Old 2014-01-01, 23:57   Link #431
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Good point there, Solace

Heck Id like some more mini epis with 8th Doctor, I really enjoyed Night of The Doctor.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2014-01-02, 02:29   Link #432
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that and there were at least three explainations at to why Atlantis sank...given in a short period of time during the Second and Third Doctor eras.

While I still think there is room for more River Song, I agree wit bringing back older companions. But they'd have to be central to at least a serious part of the plot to make it worth it rather than a cameo or simple pass in the night. Like if the Doctor happened to go to Australia or New Zealand in coming years (Peter Jackson) and did a run past an activist Tegan, it wouldn't do just to have it passed on or lightly commented. It would need to be for something.

There is a chance for Ian as Clara works at his school (though Sarah Jane suggested he and Barbara worked at Cambridge and hadn't aged). We still have no idea what happened to Susan aside from some audio adventures. We know Jenny (Doctor's Daughter) is still out there someplace waiting for Moffat to pull that thread again. Steven Taylor is out there someplace. Vickie is on the long past in I think Troy. Dodo I think died in a novel (she didn't fair well after leaving the Doctor). Ben and Polly were said to be in India. Jamie is back in Scotland around 1750+ Victoria is someplace on Earth in the modern era. Zoe's went back to the Wheel, so she's in the future.

Most of the Third Doctor's companions are accounted for, and aside from Jo, the actresses are died. Sarah Jane they might actually not mention as dying in respect for the character (I suppose).

Both Leela and Romana are reportedly on Gallifrey (that was the last place we saw Leela, and Romana was suppose to go back there after being in E-Space, plus audio has her a President of Gallifrey early in the Time War.) Along with two versions of K-9.

Tegan was reported to be in Australia by Sarah Jane. Nyssa was on Terminus last we saw her. Turlough went home to Trion. Peri may or may not be dead. Mel went someplace. Ace? Well if Sarah Jane is right, she's doing massive work and raising lots of pounds in the present for the needy.

And the 8th Doctor's companions? Didn't most of them get killed?

The modern companions are mostly accounted for. Rose is in Pete's Universe with the Meta-Crisis Doctor, and Moffat doesn't really want to mess with that. Martha was last seen married to Micky and working I guess with UNIT. Donna will live out her life, probably without running into the Doctor again...for her own safety. Amy and Rory are in New York in the past. The Doctor won't go to them, but there is still a hanging plot or two that could involve older versions of them and their daughter in 1970's New York, as there is a 20 - 25 year gap between River Song's appearances (New York: 1970 as a little girl regenerating...then Leadworth 1996-ish, as a different little girl talking to Amy about her raggity Doctor.)

Captain Jack is someplace, probably.

And Clara is in shock at the new Doctor and the clashing TARDIS.

And we know the Doctor will be going back to see Vastra at some point.
Old 2014-01-10, 22:10   Link #433
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
There is a chance for Ian as Clara works at his school (though Sarah Jane suggested he and Barbara worked at Cambridge and hadn't aged). We still have no idea what happened to Susan aside from some audio adventures. We know Jenny (Doctor's Daughter) is still out there someplace waiting for Moffat to pull that thread again. Steven Taylor is out there someplace. Vickie is on the long past in I think Troy. Dodo I think died in a novel (she didn't fair well after leaving the Doctor). Ben and Polly were said to be in India. Jamie is back in Scotland around 1750+ Victoria is someplace on Earth in the modern era. Zoe's went back to the Wheel, so she's in the future.

I've been watching a lot of Troughton era lately and while I doubt this is Moffat's style I'd just love an episode where the Doctor went back and visited an older Jamie and somehow that triggered Jamie's memories.

Of course both Zoe and Jamie lost their memories but I think Jamie lost more by losing his (it reminds me of what happened to Donna). And well he is the companion that traveled the longest with the Doctor.

And I think even if fans don't know who Jamie is it could still be a really well done emotional story.

I also know about the whole 6B thing but honestly that whole thing is confusing to me.
Old 2014-01-11, 01:24   Link #434
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

After seeing "The Day of the Doctor" someone suggested that the "Two Doctors" wasn't really the Second Doctor, but a later version of the Doctor that had taken to using the Second Doctor's face again, and decided to go pickup Jamie again. He's in hot water with the Time Lords again, so it has to be ofter he found Gallifrey.

It was suggested as an alternative to Season 6B, in which were the Second Doctor got a reprieve and was doing tasks for the Time Lords prior to forced exile on Earth and a forced change into a new face (the Third Doctor). This still doesn't quite fix some things the Doctor does or says in the "Three Doctors" and "Five Doctors" though. Also one would guess the Time Lords responcible for both incidents would know which version of the Doctor they picked up. But doesn't cover the "Two Doctors" were both the Doctor and Jamie have aged and have stuff (knowledge and equipment) that they shouldn't have yet. Unless it takes place after the "War Games" but before the Doctor was forced to regenerate (Season 6B), or it takes place as another incarnation of the Doctor that happens to look like Patrick Troughton's Doctor, that decided to pick up Jamie again and model his TARDIS partly like "Sixth Doctor's TARDIS".

"Revisiting a few (faces), but only the old favorates" as the Curator put it.
Old 2014-01-11, 05:46   Link #435
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
After seeing "The Day of the Doctor" someone suggested that the "Two Doctors" wasn't really the Second Doctor, but a later version of the Doctor that had taken to using the Second Doctor's face again, and decided to go pickup Jamie again. He's in hot water with the Time Lords again, so it has to be ofter he found Gallifrey.

It was suggested as an alternative to Season 6B, in which were the Second Doctor got a reprieve and was doing tasks for the Time Lords prior to forced exile on Earth and a forced change into a new face (the Third Doctor). This still doesn't quite fix some things the Doctor does or says in the "Three Doctors" and "Five Doctors" though. Also one would guess the Time Lords responcible for both incidents would know which version of the Doctor they picked up. But doesn't cover the "Two Doctors" were both the Doctor and Jamie have aged and have stuff (knowledge and equipment) that they shouldn't have yet. Unless it takes place after the "War Games" but before the Doctor was forced to regenerate (Season 6B), or it takes place as another incarnation of the Doctor that happens to look like Patrick Troughton's Doctor, that decided to pick up Jamie again and model his TARDIS partly like "Sixth Doctor's TARDIS".

"Revisiting a few (faces), but only the old favorates" as the Curator put it.

I am watching the Two Doctors now (and the Three Doctors) and of course it doesn't make much sense why a much older Doctor & Jamie are around except for the fact that the TPTB just wanted to bring back Two & Jamie. It's only later that you get the explanation that the Doctor didn't regenerate after War Games.

Of course from what I read you see these theories even before this because we don't actually see the regeneration at the end of War Games (Pertwee wasn't even cast yet).

And this is the problem with giving an explanation after the fact. It's okay there is so much of Doctor Who and its been around for so long you can't expect perfect continuity. And everyone likes when more than one Doctor interacts and old favorite companions come back.

But as a fan of Jamie I wish he had more emotional closure. Then again Moffat could ruin it too so maybe I should shut up & just come up with my own theory.

edit: On another note I'd also love to see Ian make an appearance, sadly Barbara's actress is no longer round. But as the Doctor's first human companions it would make a nice touch. And of course William Russell is still around and still does things for Doctor Who.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2014-01-11 at 05:57.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:00   Link #436
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The (12th) Doctor is in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-maga...nitor-25926876

Old 2014-01-28, 19:16   Link #437
GDB

Not sure if magician or vampire.
Old 2014-01-28, 19:45   Link #438
Bri

I see Hogwarts has found a new professor for defense against the dark arts...
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:50   Link #439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not sure if magician or vampire.
Magician, definately magician. Capaldi wore something similar on the Craig Ferguson's show several years ago. Just with a purple lining rather than red.
Old 2014-01-29, 01:05   Link #440
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I like that look. It suits Capaldi perfectly, and it looks like something an actual grown-up (albeit with a dash of the flamboyant) would wear.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction