Old 2012-11-28, 23:47   Link #422
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Teru_Miyanaga.

Don't look at me like that!
Old 2012-11-29, 01:19   Link #423
Gravitas Free Zone

I figured out why I was getting pasted so much in the Pz35(t): While I had put in the research credits on the better engine, I forgot to actually buy it. The thing handles like an entirely different beast with the upgraded engine in it.

Also, the 20mm got me a couple of accuracy medals and practically all of my kills with the 35(t) so far, even without paying for the APCR ammo (though now that I have some spare credits I did buy 10 rounds that I'll have up the spout first).
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 01:45   Link #424
Sumeragi
Banned

Saw a PzKpfw 38H735 (f) today.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 02:55   Link #425
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I figured out why I was getting pasted so much in the Pz35(t): While I had put in the research credits on the better engine, I forgot to actually buy it. The thing handles like an entirely different beast with the upgraded engine in it.

Also, the 20mm got me a couple of accuracy medals and practically all of my kills with the 35(t) so far, even without paying for the APCR ammo (though now that I have some spare credits I did buy 10 rounds that I'll have up the spout first).
Reminds me of my friend's first match in his T95, he forgot to buy ammo for it!
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 03:19   Link #426
LeoXiao
思想工作

I have an annoying issue with my client. Every few games I am forced due to bad fps to restart the game, which is not only aggravating but also makes me worry about the future of the relationship between my computer and WoT.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 09:52   Link #427
Gravitas Free Zone

Memory leak?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:01   Link #428
willx
Nyaaan~~

Seriously, I am just having the worst time in the VK3001P ..

I think I had a 12 game losing streak last night before I had to go to bed.. and my damn vehicle isn't completely stock (partially upgraded missing the 8.8cm gun and the final engine) ..

It doesn't seem like it does anything well. It's too big to hide, it's not fast enough to flank, it's not sturdy enough or does enough damage to brawl..

Outlook is negative
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:03   Link #429
Sumeragi
Banned

Seems like I'll have to buy back my VK3601H ASAP and ride shotgun with you.
Old 2012-11-29, 10:07   Link #430
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Seems like I'll have to buy back my VK3601H ASAP and ride shotgun with you.
Save me, Sume!

..Although I actually expect my performance in that vehicle will lead to any and all games played with anyone to be a losing one. I think I even like the Pz38tNA more..

Signs are negative
Old 2012-11-29, 10:23   Link #431
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Yes, the 3001p is... not exactly the best. Granted, missing the 88 and the final engine doesn't help.

Only thing you can really do is to bite the bullet, thing's not that good even elite. One of those going downhill is a right terror, though.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 10:37   Link #432
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

VK3001P is the reason that stops me to go for the Tiger P, it doesn't have armor, mediocre top speed, and only can mount the L43 with the stock turret (the VK 3601H can mount the 10,5 with the stock turret). Also it doesn't help too much the enormous profile it has.

With his other counterparts, the VK 3001H has good speed and acceleration, which could be used for flanking, and the VK 3601H has armor equivalent to the Tiger and it can bounce a lot of things (a 122mm shell from a D-25-T for example)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 11:52   Link #433
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
VK3001P is the reason that stops me to go for the Tiger P, it doesn't have armor, mediocre top speed, and only can mount the L43 with the stock turret (the VK 3601H can mount the 10,5 with the stock turret). Also it doesn't help too much the enormous profile it has.

With his other counterparts, the VK 3001H has good speed and acceleration, which could be used for flanking, and the VK 3601H has armor equivalent to the Tiger and it can bounce a lot of things (a 122mm shell from a D-25-T for example)
Well, I'm going to power through, but part of me feels like I wasted over 20K XP on vehicle upgrades compared to just quickly accumulating enough to get to the Tiger P and making a run for the doors..

I'd like to consider myself a pretty flexible person when it comes to strategies.. but so far this one makes me want to burst into tears in frustration..

Reply hazy, ask again later
Old 2012-11-29, 12:01   Link #434
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Reminds me of my friend's first match in his T95, he forgot to buy ammo for it!
*Whistles innocently*

I never liked the 3601H, got rid of it as soon as I Tiger(ed). If I hated the 3601H so much, I can only imagine how much I will hate the VK3001P. The grind to the Tiger was more excruciating than my upgrade to the Panzer IV from the 38na!! Yeesh.

Just mounted a new engine on my Tiger, its a much more maneuverable cat now. Acceleration saves lives!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 12:53   Link #435
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I always thought the VK3001P is only good for its gun? It doesn't win any brawler, but it sure did some nasty holes on my tanks.
Old 2012-11-29, 14:36   Link #436
willx
Nyaaan~~

http://worldoftanks.com/news/1798-zhukovs-march/

I'm not looking forward to the number of KV's I'm going to be seeing over this coming weekend

Outlook is not good
Old 2012-11-29, 14:53   Link #437
Tak

Oh come on, where are my German specials. I been looking forward to them!!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-29, 14:54   Link #438
Sumeragi
Banned

Already happened before, it seems.
Old 2012-11-29, 14:57   Link #439
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Already happened before, it seems.
I am on the verge of acquiring a Konigstiger man, it matters nao!!

- Tak

Old 2012-11-29, 16:28   Link #440
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I always thought the VK3001P is only good for its gun? It doesn't win any brawler, but it sure did some nasty holes on my tanks.
It's generally known as one of the worst stock tanks in the game. From what I have heard, one of its few redeeming traits is a high straight line speed. The 88L56 is not especially fantastic due to its terrible penetration.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks