AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-19, 03:33   Link #3901
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Since 2.2.0 came out last month, I got back into Diablo 3 after half an year of absence.

Good grief they buffed the gears.
Thanks to balancing around Greater Rifts, T6 is now the new T1: stroll in the park with any decent gear.

With a few swap of gears (dug out old restraint/focus pair from dusty corners of the stash) my old Raiment Monk is blitzing through T6 rift in under 9 min. solo.
Old 2015-05-19, 14:16   Link #3902
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think the Set gears are almost too powerful at this point. Besides non-set slots, legendary gears are just fillers. I came back to check out the whole seasonal system and rift, manage to get a seasonal DH up to greater rift 35+ solo before i stopped since it started becoming one shot territory. A 6 piece unhallowed essence with dead man's legacy is pretty crazy burst damage wise.
Old 2015-05-19, 14:46   Link #3903
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

FYI, Blizzard games seem to 50% off at Gamestop (US) on their websites and participating stores. 20$ for the original game and 20$ for the expansion is a great deal. I'm going to come back once my 2 friends pick up the game later this month (supposedly the sale is running till the end of this month). Are Barbarians doing a lot better now as compared to a year ago?

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-19, 23:29   Link #3904
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think the Set gears are almost too powerful at this point. Besides non-set slots, legendary gears are just fillers.
And they well should be. You're sacrificing majority of your slots for a small perk, the perk has to be great enough to warrant it.
Sets being the central gearing options and working legs into it is pretty much how it should be designed.

Then there are those essential legendaries that gives you a hard choice on what parts to sacrifice.
For example, Vile Ward is petty much a necessity for a Raekor Barb, but with the improvement of IK it becomes a hard choice.
Do you stick with Vile Ward Raekor, or do a 4RK + 2IK + RORG for a hybrid? Your Furious Charge damage will drop significantly, but provides you with enough extra DPS to make up.
Choices, choices!

As for DH... I have a boring old M6 DH that can hit the later 30s in GR, but they're pretty boring at this point.
With Natayla set being improved on, I wanna play around with a second DH focusing on Rain of Vengeance and the MASSIVE DPS increase after using it.
They sound fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Are Barbarians doing a lot better now as compared to a year ago?
Oh hell yes.
IK WW Barbs are the hottest build in the game right now, WRECKING the competition.
There are people reaching close to GR60 in those.
Old 2015-05-20, 01:02   Link #3905
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
And they well should be. You're sacrificing majority of your slots for a small perk, the perk has to be great enough to warrant it.
Sets being the central gearing options and working legs into it is pretty much how it should be designed.

Then there are those essential legendaries that gives you a hard choice on what parts to sacrifice.
For example, Vile Ward is petty much a necessity for a Raekor Barb, but with the improvement of IK it becomes a hard choice.
Do you stick with Vile Ward Raekor, or do a 4RK + 2IK + RORG for a hybrid? Your Furious Charge damage will drop significantly, but provides you with enough extra DPS to make up.
Choices, choices!

As for DH... I have a boring old M6 DH that can hit the later 30s in GR, but they're pretty boring at this point.
With Natayla set being improved on, I wanna play around with a second DH focusing on Rain of Vengeance and the MASSIVE DPS increase after using it.
They sound fun.
No idea about Barbs since i havent took the time to build up one yet with proper set gear but F+R ring set is so good for a lot of builds and classes, it's almost a no brainer for me to use that over RORG + 1 and last set bonus for most of the standard 6 piece class set is extremely powerful in terms of dps gained. Then again, it may be just anecdoctal on my part as i only had DH, monk and wizard with the full 6 piece set.

I tried Marauder set, it has a massive wind up time to it's max dps potential while UE set is always at full dmg potential as long as you have max discipline. Granted, it was nice to have pets to tank additional enemies for you. Haven't play around much with Natalya set yet though i do have the completed non ancient set but it's the few set that allows some option in gear set up since it have more than 6 pieces.
Old 2015-05-21, 15:34   Link #3906
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Oh hell yes.
IK WW Barbs are the hottest build in the game right now, WRECKING the competition.
There are people reaching close to GR60 in those.
Good to know, I have 3 pieces of IK before I stopped playing a year or so ago. Only if I had the 1 legendary ring that reduces cost of set items by 1

Old 2015-05-22, 13:58   Link #3907
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Only if I had the 1 legendary ring that reduces cost of set items by 1
RoRG is extremely easy to get. The chance of a legendary from a Horadric cache is 100% in T6, and there are 5 different legendaries per act.
So the chance of getting a RoRG (Ring of Royal Grandeur) is 20% from an Act 1 cache in T6
You should get one in an hour or two of doing Act 1 bounties.
Old 2015-05-22, 15:02   Link #3908
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So that's how come everyone but me has that fucking ring. I still can't get to T6.
Old 2015-05-23, 10:23   Link #3909
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I got it when I can only pass T3, though.
Old 2015-05-23, 13:49   Link #3910
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
RoRG is extremely easy to get. The chance of a legendary from a Horadric cache is 100% in T6, and there are 5 different legendaries per act.
So the chance of getting a RoRG (Ring of Royal Grandeur) is 20% from an Act 1 cache in T6
You should get one in an hour or two of doing Act 1 bounties.
With the gear I have, I'm at most able to do T4. T6 will be awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So that's how come everyone but me has that fucking ring. I still can't get to T6.
All that farming! I don't have it either, then again, I barely started playing again lolz.

Old 2015-05-23, 14:24   Link #3911
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I've mostly been playing Destiny lately, so no time for Diablo (still kinda pissed at how early they ended season 2 anyway), but even then I'm a few pieces of set gear short of going to higher difficulties.
Old 2015-05-23, 18:55   Link #3912
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

All that farming! I don't have it either, then again, I barely started playing again lolz.
You'll get it sooner or later since it can drop irregardless what torment level you are on. Just keep farming key stone and horadric in act I, do rift and then greater rift for blood shards/legendary gem.

Ultimately, the easiest progression i find is to keep crafting legendary weapon to get an ancient legendary. It will help you clear rifts faster and get tons of blood shard to gamble at Kadala.
Old 2015-05-23, 19:22   Link #3913
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sadly the weapon I want for my Crusader isn't craftable, so I'd need to find an Ancient Skycutter.
Old 2015-05-24, 01:41   Link #3914
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Drop rate is 50% in T2, 100% in T6.
So it would just take a little longer. Farm it on T2 on a day off and you'll get one or two easily.
Old 2015-05-24, 02:22   Link #3915
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Sadly the weapon I want for my Crusader isn't craftable, so I'd need to find an Ancient Skycutter.
Unless your current weapon is an ancient itself, i still recommend getting one crafted just for the dps boost until you get yourself the proper ancient weapon you needed for your build. This is mainly because it's very in efficient to gamble for weapons due to the high shard cost and the wide pool of weapons limiting your chance for specific drop unlike set/unique armors.

My DH is still using a Natalya ancient xbow and waiting for an ancient Calamity
Old 2015-05-24, 11:06   Link #3916
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The weapon I am using is crafted, yes, but I don't have the materials or gold to spam its crafting until I get an Ancient version. I can't get higher in the torment difficulty either to get more gold, nor can I get any Goblins to drop a portal that isn't to Whimseyshire.
Old 2015-05-24, 17:29   Link #3917
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
The weapon I am using is crafted, yes, but I don't have the materials or gold to spam its crafting until I get an Ancient version. I can't get higher in the torment difficulty either to get more gold, nor can I get any Goblins to drop a portal that isn't to Whimseyshire.
Hmmm i dont remember having gold problem when starting my seasonal DH even without finding the goblin vault. Most of my gold sink were crafting flawless royal gem early on and i'm usually limited by the gem than gold itself. Are you running rifts? They are a great source of mats, gold and legendaries. Selling off rares from drops and Kadala is also a good supplement once you have plenty of the rare salvages. Getting white drops for salvaging took me longer than needed.

If you don't mind, post a link to your character profile, maybe we can help you with some advise breaking into T6.
Old 2015-05-24, 17:47   Link #3918
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I was running rifts, yes, but I wasn't getting enough out of them to make flawless royals as a gold sink. Kadala's been my primary method of acquiring the set item pieces, but I need the helmet and boots for Roland's Legacy before I can dare venturing higher in Torment.

Here's the link to my Crusader: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/R.../hero/50485777
Old 2015-05-24, 18:01   Link #3919
Xacual

This season is supposed to last a while right? I've kind of been slacking to start it but I still need to at least get a max level character for the seasonal bonuses.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 18:11   Link #3920
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I wouldn't slack off on it if I were you. I did the EXACT same thing for season 2, and thus lost out on its rewards because it was only a fraction of what season 1 was, duration-wise.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler