AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-04, 14:40   Link #81
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I also wish that a more mature sounding VA did Kiss-shot. I mean Hirano Aya is good for imature, hyperactive teenage girls that (as of recently) are into rich older people
I think you need to check out her other roles, such as Kurumizawa Ume (sweet and evil type). She can definitely handle Kiss-shot, well, at least from what I know of the character.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:30   Link #82
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think you need to check out her other roles, such as Kurumizawa Ume (sweet and evil type). She can definitely handle Kiss-shot, well, at least from what I know of the character.
I have not watched Kimi ni Todoke, but she has done:
  • Katya@Qwaser
  • Lumiere@KiddyGrade
  • Nanael@QueensBlade
  • Kaoru@ZettaiKarenChildren
  • Ayumi@Hyakko
  • Konata@CrappyStar
  • Misa@DeathNote
  • and of course Haruhi@SHnY
... on which my opinion based ...

... and none of these performances make me confident that she can pull out the role in Kizumonogatari. The closest she was to what I expect, were her roles at Qwaser and Kiddy Grade, and these performances (especially in the former) were disappointing. Of course this might be because of the image she has built with her other lead roles, but none-the-less, truth is, that it is hard to sake it off, unless she shows real skill .... well, I hope it happens
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 13:41   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

Even if Aya can do a passable Kissshot it still doesn't make up for the fact that numerous other VAs could do a much better performance in that role.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 07:47   Link #84
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I have not watched Kimi ni Todoke, but she has done:
  • Katya@Qwaser
  • Lumiere@KiddyGrade
  • Nanael@QueensBlade
  • Kaoru@ZettaiKarenChildren
  • Ayumi@Hyakko
  • Konata@CrappyStar
  • Misa@DeathNote
  • and of course Haruhi@SHnY
... on which my opinion based ...

... and none of these performances make me confident that she can pull out the role in Kizumonogatari. The closest she was to what I expect, were her roles at Qwaser and Kiddy Grade, and these performances (especially in the former) were disappointing. Of course this might be because of the image she has built with her other lead roles, but none-the-less, truth is, that it is hard to sake it off, unless she shows real skill .... well, I hope it happens
You are say "Katya", but actually, it's Katja. Also, you are say "Crappy Star" instead of "Lucky Star"
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 00:14   Link #85
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
You are say "Katya", but actually, it's Katja. Also, you are say "Crappy Star" instead of "Lucky Star"
I transliterated カーチャ (actually kaacha), which makes sense because the original is Катя, I think ... plus in german Katja sounds quite strange ... to me at least. The other mistake, just carries my personal opinion.

Anyway, I still find it hard to imagine Hirano Aya in that role, maybe I'll try KnT since it will have a new season.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2010-10-07 at 14:15.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 07:30   Link #86
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Why do people always forget her best role as Reira in Nana? I thought she was great as Haruhi as well.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:29   Link #87
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Can we ease off on the seiyuu speculation?

I know that it's part of the discussion, but lately there's been too much ire directed at one particular seiyuu and the discussion is starting to get off-topic in the sense that we're discussing that seiyuu's career more than we're discussing Kizu!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:52   Link #88
redgrnbluylw

Well it's been a while since the last post on this thread...

But anyways, I was wondering about the probable airing date of this show. Since "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika" is confirmed for January 2011, and just recently, "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko" is confirmed for April 2011, I'm thinking that, like posted before in this thread, it's going to take a while before there's going to be any news on this. Add in "Maria Holic" Season 2 and rumors of a "SoreMachi" season 2, and it just seems that it's getting more and more delayed.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 19:58   Link #89
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgrnbluylw View Post
Well it's been a while since the last post on this thread...

But anyways, I was wondering about the probable airing date of this show. Since "Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika" is confirmed for January 2011, and just recently, "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko" is confirmed for April 2011, I'm thinking that, like posted before in this thread, it's going to take a while before there's going to be any news on this. Add in "Maria Holic" Season 2 and rumors of a "SoreMachi" season 2, and it just seems that it's getting more and more delayed.
Could possible be due to this as they're kind of stuck waiting on his health unless they want to use someone else for the music of the series, or recycle the Bakemonogatari OST which would be really lame .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 20:48   Link #90
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Could possible be due to this as they're kind of stuck waiting on his health unless they want to use someone else for the music of the series, or recycle the Bakemonogatari OST which would be really lame .
Shows get scheduled for broadcast months in advance, so it's unlikely that this announcement has anything to do with release plans.

Remember that Katanagatari is still on-going, so Aniplex, Kodansha, etc. might want to space things out a bit. Most likely, they wouldn't want to launch Kizumonogatari until all Katanagatari volumes have been released.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:19   Link #91
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Shows get scheduled for broadcast months in advance, so it's unlikely that this announcement has anything to do with release plans.

Remember that Katanagatari is still on-going, so Aniplex, Kodansha, etc. might want to space things out a bit. Most likely, they wouldn't want to launch Kizumonogatari until all Katanagatari volumes have been released.
Actually Katanagatari is finished[or will be in a matter of hours ] and Katanagatari was done by whitefox, while Kizu/Bakemonogatari are by Shaft so I don't see that as the reason to "space things out", unless Nisio decided on it personally.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 21:23   Link #92
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Actually Katanagatari is finished[or will be in a matter of hours ] and Katanagatari was done by whitefox, while Kizu/Bakemonogatari are by Shaft so I don't see that as the reason to "space things out", unless Nisio decided on it personally.
Personally I expect news on Kizu or another Nisio anime project at the end of Katana. Hopefully both.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:05   Link #93
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Personally I expect news on Kizu or another Nisio anime project at the end of Katana. Hopefully both.
I just watched the raw for the last episode of Katana... but no sign of any news for Kizu. Apparently there's supposed to be an additional episode?
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 19:17   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Let's keep Katana talk out of here please... I still need to catch up.

And until there is an official announcement, this topic is futile. They could have changed the intended date a dozen times by now.
Old 2011-01-20, 11:28   Link #95
catanx

i'm a big fan of -gatari series....and glad can see kizumonogatari.....but i'm more expecting to see the sequel "nisemonogatari"....but don't get me wrong...kizumonogatari is one of my list that must to watch it

by
Shirley Fenette "Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch"
catanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:03   Link #96
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
新房監督や久保田社長とはたまに会ってたけど尾石君とは久しぶりの再会。化物語の続編映画の話しもチラッと聞きつつお互いに好きな映画の雑談や演出談議等、尾石君の思考が少し分かって面白かったな 。
Umetsu Yasuomi slipped this out in his latest blog entry. He said "...heard about Bakemonogatari's movie continuation..." in his talk with Oishi Tatsuya. Kizumonogatari confirmed for movie?
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 20:15   Link #97
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Come on, that's no confirmation, only a new rumor.
Old 2011-01-26, 20:19   Link #98
sirn
田舎者言うな

Except this rumor is said by someone who's actually involved in production, and he heard it first-handed from the series director of the series. At very least, it has far more weight than baseless 2ch rumor, IMHO.

(Also, that's why I put a question mark at the end of sentence.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 21:14   Link #99
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I love when this kind of thing happens. Leaked accidentally by someone's personal blog. u,u~~ Thanks sirn for awesome update.

If it really is a movie, it will be one of the biggest challenge Shaft will ever face. Hope they do it well.
Old 2011-01-26, 21:18   Link #100
Used Can

Well, Kizu is not particularly long. So, I can easily see it as a film.
Personally, I'd probably prefer it as a film rather than as OVAs.
I don't see it as an anime unless they go fillers-galore with it.