AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-02, 21:35   Link #41
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
That leads me to ask, I don't remember that well but Shinji is Kariya's nephew right? For some reason I was thinking that he was his son, but now that I actually look at the situation that doesn't seem at all possible....

Also at the risk of beating a dead horse, just thought I'd mention I just came across a line in F/SN, if you choose to revoke the command spells instead of fighting Saber mentions that without a master she can survive for approximately two hours. Just thought I'd add that bit of information since it was a bit ironic I came across it by accident less then an hour after my post >.>
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 21:44   Link #42
GDB

Shinji is Byakuya's son, and Kariya's nephew.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 02:17   Link #43
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Also at the risk of beating a dead horse, just thought I'd mention I just came across a line in F/SN, if you choose to revoke the command spells instead of fighting Saber mentions that without a master she can survive for approximately two hours. Just thought I'd add that bit of information since it was a bit ironic I came across it by accident less then an hour after my post >.>
Then although the time frame it’s not told in the booklet we can say for sure that just a few hours it's the top and if the summoned archer cast the independent movement then he can go up to a maximum of 2 days but in the end even that time frame depends on the general conditions the archer was before that point.

Mhmmmm in this case then the fact Caster class might live like what, 2 more minutes!!! than the rest seems pointless information.
alumnox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 03:16   Link #44
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He doesn't have any magical circuits, if I recall. There's no hope for him as a magus.
Yeah, Zouken doesn't even seem to care about Shinji. Hell, he seemingly didn't even train Kariya as a child.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 08:58   Link #45
Ownsin
Inactive Member

Um guys where is Emiya Shirou in all of this? i hope he appears.. I liked him in Fate/Stay Night!
Ownsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 09:23   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no way Shirou would ever show up until the end of the series or as a cameo in the mass.
Remember that Fate/Zero is a prequel, and
Spoiler for Fate/Stay Night, Shirou's past:
Old 2011-10-03, 10:49   Link #47
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
You can take over another servant in various ways. The only thing the servant needs to stay active is magic energy so once you kill the master the servant can handle to be by itself for around 3 days (more or less depending on previous actions) and they can use that time to find a master with out servant for example (reason why masters kill them even if the servant is gone) or a human with magic energy like Sōichirō Kuzuki and make a new contract.

That's another reason why they check for other people with magic capabilities, they might not be magus but for a servant with out master they are a last resort to keep them going.

Another way its if the master release the servant (crazy stuff but its told as a possibility in FSN)

An finally if the servant kills the master as Caster did in FSN.

The Rule breaker was the noble phantasm of Caster in FSN, that thing was able to break any contract so she was able to break the contract between masters and servants.

EDIT.

Ok I went to take out my Tsukihime Notes and there are 2 other possibilities to take over another servant.

The Book of False Attendent Edit
Is a Mystic Code that can allow someone to become a surrogate Master by passing a limited form of another Master's Command Seals into a specifically prepared receptacle. This device is not as efficient as a genuine Command Spell. This is what Shinji used in FSN to control Raider bcs the true master was Sakura.

and

Shared Mastership Edit
It is possible to modify the summoning ritual in order to share the burden of a Servant. The only known case of this allowed the summoner to place the burden of providing Prana to the Servant on his wife, while he retained the Command Spells. This one its a spoiler for the fate zero, no clue if I can tell about it or not.
There's one more method that is a spoiler for Zero

Spoiler:
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 11:12   Link #48
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
There's one more method that is a spoiler for Zero

Spoiler:
True... I forgot about that one. Nice one ChronoReverse
Old 2011-10-03, 13:55   Link #49
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownsin View Post
Um guys where is Emiya Shirou in all of this? i hope he appears.. I liked him in Fate/Stay Night!
Did you miss the part where this is a prequel set 10 yrs before FSN?
Old 2011-10-03, 20:49   Link #50
LostHanyou

He probably meant the child version, in which case, yes he will appear.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 06:09   Link #51
Ownsin
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
He probably meant the child version, in which case, yes he will appear.
Yeah exactly! that's what i meant. I was talking about the child version Of Shirou! i hope he appears! after all he's Archer :P.
Ownsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 09:10   Link #52
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
How exactly do you take over someone else servant? In FSN UBW, Rin took over Saber, and in FSN, Caster killed her master and someone else took over the master spot (?)
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-04, 14:20   Link #53
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 14:55   Link #54
Qaenyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Qaenyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 15:00   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm sure that killed her though. And I recall it being explicity said that Kotomine killed Lancer's master in the Visual Novel.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 16:22   Link #56
Qaenyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm sure that killed her though. And I recall it being explicity said that Kotomine killed Lancer's master in the Visual Novel.
Spoiler for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-09 at 13:48. Reason: Added the source for the spoiler so people can decide if it's safe for them
Old 2011-10-08, 20:59   Link #57
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaenyin View Post
Spoiler:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-10-09 at 13:49. Reason: Added the label to the spoiler tag, per above
Old 2011-10-10, 19:54   Link #58
Qaenyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-10, 20:50   Link #59
alumnox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaenyin View Post
Spoiler:
The canon answer for this one is that what happened during the hollow ataraxia game was inside a reality marble so it happened in another dimension or a parallel universe.

The canon story line of Bazett Fraga McRemitz original lancer master is that Kotomine Kirei betrayed her and stole Lancer's command spell by chopping off her left arm during the 5th grail war.

She survived 4 more days after the incident but was left to die in the church basement and she actually died but remember that the grail system is a path to the origin and its where all the souls go back when they died, at that moment as we know from the FSN game the grail was already corrupted by angra manyu and the path to the origin was already semi-open. The premise of the hollow ataraxia game is that avenger came in contact with her once she died offering her a second chance.

That second change is impossible in the same time stream or universe as the FSN game develops and their endings.

Spoiler for FSN:
that's why everything that happens with Bazett happens on an alternate reality just like tohsaka was taking the prana from other realities while she was attacking with the Zeltretch sword/dagger.

In short, speaking about the time line that exist for the fate zero story as well as for the time line for FSN, Bazett Fraga McRemitz, former lancer master during the 5th will have her left arm chopped off and left to die.
This is how this dots are connected to fate/zero as well as FSN franchise.

Last edited by alumnox; 2011-10-10 at 21:08.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:10   Link #60
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by alumnox View Post
Spoiler for FSN:
Erm, what?

This is just plain wrong (except the HF bit). The Grail is not "purified" in Fate, and nor is it any more "destroyed" in UBW than it was in Zero. Only in HF is the Great Grail (which is what is really behind the wars, and supplies the prana to summon the servants) destroyed.