AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-22, 15:57   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Inu X Boku SS

Inu X Boku SS gets TV anime. Source

Original creator : Cocoa Fujiwara
Production : Aniplex

Official website

Plot Summary : Riricho Shirakiin is a young woman still living in his family home. It has, indeed, fear of living alone. However, it will eventually feel the need to move away from his family to live on her own. It is found as well in the hotel 'Ayakashi Kan'. But in this particular hotel, only those who have undergone a strict review can reside while being accompanied by a Secret Service agent (SS). Although Riricho rejected the SS officer in charge of security, she discovers that this same agent is none other than the spirit of the fox that she saved my life !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 19:32   Link #2
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Nice, lets hope the artwork is just as good in the anime
Old 2011-07-22, 22:46   Link #3
Yushi

O_O Wow! I exclaimed 'WHAT!?' when I saw the title...I would never imagine this series being animated. Not because it's not good, but because it always seemed like a 'low key' type of series. That is great news indeed!
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-22, 23:29   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I would love to see this animated ^-^ Any release date in sight?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 23:45   Link #5
tyciol
*Artist

So is this Hayate no Gotoku meets Kanon?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 23:27   Link #6
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

My reaction on first seeing this was...OMG! REALLY?!! I am so looking forward to this - hope the character design, and such, is as good as the manga's, or nearly so.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:37   Link #7
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I would love to see this animated ^-^ Any release date in sight?
Latest news update: According to website, anime is scheduled to air January 2012

(and cast list is up - http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...r-january-2012)
Old 2011-11-03, 15:13   Link #8
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

The first commercial spot is up:
http://www.inuboku.tv/movie/index.html
Old 2011-11-23, 06:12   Link #9
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Old 2011-11-23, 08:56   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Plot Summary : Riricho Shirakiin is a young woman still living in his family home. It has, indeed, fear of living alone. However, it will eventually feel the need to move away from his family to live on her own. It is found as well in the hotel 'Ayakashi Kan'. But in this particular hotel, only those who have undergone a strict review can reside while being accompanied by a Secret Service agent (SS). Although Riricho rejected the SS officer in charge of security, she discovers that this same agent is none other than the spirit of the fox that she saved my life !
This synopsis is a bit incoherent. Is Riricho the guy or the girl? Who's the "his" in "his family home"; her father? the other main char?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 10:32   Link #11
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
This synopsis is a bit incoherent. Is Riricho the guy or the girl? Who's the "his" in "his family home"; her father? the other main char?
Riricho is a long black-haired girl of the series.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-11-24, 16:07   Link #12
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The synopsis is too "engrish-y". Can't you find a more elegant translation than that?
Old 2011-11-24, 19:53   Link #13
Raiga
tl;dr

I don't know what the source of that synopsis is so I'm going to be working off of the official site and Wikipedia.

The term 先祖返り (senzogaeri) refers to a descendant who manifests traits of distant ancestors. I looked into it a bit more, and the formal term appears to be atavism. Since atavism refers to the phenomenon and not the person, I assume that makes the person an atavist (yes, it's a real word, I looked it up).

In this series, "Atavist" specifically refers to distant descendants of Demons (youkai) that mated with humans. An Atavist is someone who suddenly manifests Demon traits, even though for generations their parents have been normal humans.

Clans to whom an Atavist is born are rumored to prosper, and thus Atavists are hailed as the second coming of the clan's Demon ancestor. However, as you might expect, there are many who fear, hate, and seek to kill Atavists, since they hold such strange Demon powers. Our heroine Shirakiin Ririchiyo (CV: Hidaka Rina) is one such Atavist, the descendant of an oni. Being an Atavist, she's constantly targeted, and so she's looking for a bit of security.

Now that the background is out of the way, on to the introduction from the website:

Quote:
The high-class apartment complex "Mazon do Ayakashi"[*], also known simply as "The Ayakashi", is said to boast the strongest security around. Rumors abound about it: "The place is full of lunatics," "The place is like a haunted mansion." However, in reality, it is a strange apartment complex where the human descendants of Demons, the Atavists, live!

Troubled by her clumsiness in human relations, Shirakiin Ririchiyo arrives at The Ayakashi in the hopes of rediscovering herself. There she meets her SS (Secret Service), a bodyguard that The Ayakashi provides, one to each resident. His name is Miketsukami Soushi. Soushi entreats Ririchiyo:

"Please, make me your dog!"
* I transliterated it straight from the Japanese, but I think the first two words are meant to represent something in another language; French perhaps. "Mansion du Ayakashi"? I don't know French, I'm afraid.

EDIT: A friend says it's "Maison". Still dunno about the "do" though.

Last edited by Raiga; 2011-11-25 at 01:39.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 21:44   Link #14
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I don't know what the source of that synopsis is so I'm going to be working off of the official site and Wikipedia.

The term 先祖返り (senzogaeri) refers to a descendant who manifests traits of distant ancestors. I looked into it a bit more, and the formal term appears to be atavism. Since atavism refers to the phenomenon and not the person, I assume that makes the person an atavist (yes, it's a real word, I looked it up).

In this series, "Atavist" specifically refers to distant descendants of Demons (youkai) that mated with humans. An Atavist is someone who suddenly manifests Demon traits, even though for generations their parents have been normal humans.

Clans to whom an Atavist is born are rumored to prosper, and thus Atavists are hailed as the second coming of the clan's Demon ancestor. However, as you might expect, there are many who fear, hate, and seek to kill Atavists, since they hold such strange Demon powers. Our heroine Shirakiin Ririchiyo (CV: Hidaka Rina) is one such Atavist, the descendant of an oni. Being an Atavist, she's constantly targeted, and so she's looking for a bit of security.

Now that the background is out of the way, on to the introduction from the website:

* I transliterated it straight from the Japanese, but I think the first two words are meant to represent something in another language; French perhaps. "Mansion du Ayakashi"? I don't know French, I'm afraid.
Heh, this was MORE than enough =03. I greatly appreciate the background info(never heard of the word "atavist" til now) and the coherent synopsis. The trailer looked good, but I see that there may be an interesting story behind it. I'll certainly be looking forward to this one now (^.^).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 03:14   Link #15
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It's better to say "Maison de Ayakashi"
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-12-02, 21:37   Link #16
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Never really looked into this but I just found out this will be handled by david production so I'll be sure to check it out.

here's the trailer:

Old 2011-12-03, 06:55   Link #17
FireChick

Wow...Riricho's voice is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I expected! And she's voiced by my all-time favorite teenage seiyuu (Hidaka)!!!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 13:01   Link #18
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Wow...Riricho's voice is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like I expected! And she's voiced by my all-time favorite teenage seiyuu (Hidaka)!!!
I think the voice suits her. I'm really looking forward to this. Considering that the manga is still ongoing, I wonder how the anime will turn out.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:43   Link #19
FireChick

Yeah, that's true. I think it does too. It's nice that her seiyuu gets the chance to develop some more variety in her voice (even though I have to admit the voice she uses here sounds a lot like some others that I know, not that that's a bad thing).
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 14:38   Link #20
endarion88

there is a manga thread of this?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen