AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-27, 09:53   Link #221
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Some people have done a page-by-page comparison of the Ikkitousen manga and the Tenjou Tenge manga, and oh boy were those hilarious! Some of the stuff seemed like a COMPLETE rip-off with often cells mirroring each other in terms of content.
Uh... in terms of the story (background), they are different. Ikkitousen 'borrows' the renouned Romance of Three Kingdoms for its background. Tenjou Tenge is probably fictional in its history of organization of martial schools.

In terms of concept & presentation however, there are similarities. However since Ikkitousen was conceived and published much later than Tenjou Tenge, it is natural to presume (and personally I think some is true) that they 'borrowed' certain scenes.

Anyways, Ikkitousen is still going on serialised in some magazine. But now they shifted focus away from Hakufu and is now on Shu's tale (the three brothers then, now the three sisters). The theme still remains... girls always get stripped in fighting and the leader of the group is a bimbo. Pathetic...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 02:05   Link #222
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Rogers
Some people have done a page-by-page comparison of the Ikkitousen manga and the Tenjou Tenge manga, and oh boy were those hilarious! Some of the stuff seemed like a COMPLETE rip-off with often cells mirroring each other in terms of content.
Heh yeah, I think I saw an image that had various clips of ikkitousen and tenjou tenge together a while back. Some of those images looked really close...
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 03:39   Link #223
LiLDragoN

hey can som1 send me a pm of where you download this show ive seen first ep but havnt seen 2nd 3rd and 4th so plz can som1 pm me where to get it thnx
LiLDragoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 14:40   Link #224
ACE2003

Spoiler:
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 06:39   Link #225
westsideplaya
Anime ga suki desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2003
Spoiler:
I heard it is supposed to be a 26 ep series. If that is true, then their going to animate the past arc,
Spoiler:
They have to makeup the ending for themselves as we manga readers know that oh great is no where near the ending of this manga.
westsideplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 15:57   Link #226
Secca
nya`
*Artist

episode 5
Spoiler:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 19:17   Link #227
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideplaya
I heard it is supposed to be a 26 ep series. If that is true, then their going to animate the past arc,
Spoiler:
They have to makeup the ending for themselves as we manga readers know that oh great is no where near the ending of this manga.
I'd rather they'd just stop (i.e. leave it open-ended) than have them make up some dumb ending themselves.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 21:28   Link #228
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Hopefully its popular enough for them to bump up the eps.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-01, 05:43   Link #229
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Hopefully its popular enough for them to bump up the eps.
Well, maybe, I think the problem is that the manga is only up to volume 12 so far, (I think) so they'll catch up to it pretty soon anyway.
Old 2004-05-02, 01:14   Link #230
Shihbang
Elite Fireball

Send a message via AIM to Shihbang
If the anime is set for 26 episodes, then they are going to have to rewrite parts of the story to get to an ending. They are covering 2 chapters per episode...and there are already more than 52 chapters. This is unfortunate - I hate when they make stuff up - anyone remember the ending to the Kenshin TV series? Terrible.

I think Tenjo Tenge airs at midnight, and based on the animation quality, it isn't anybody's first priority at this point - more eps are unlikely, I'd have to say. They must know they can't follow the story and expect to cram it into 26 episodes, so they probably have some dumb storyline already made up that they're going to follow instead of the manga.
Shihbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 02:00   Link #231
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihbang
If the anime is set for 26 episodes, then they are going to have to rewrite parts of the story to get to an ending. They are covering 2 chapters per episode...and there are already more than 52 chapters. This is unfortunate - I hate when they make stuff up - anyone remember the ending to the Kenshin TV series? Terrible.
Its funny how they have main characters jump out of manga panels when it seems like they will have to change up the storyline.
Old 2004-05-02, 02:18   Link #232
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:

I think Tenjo Tenge airs at midnight, and based on the animation quality, it isn't anybody's first priority at this point - more eps are unlikely, I'd have to say. They must know they can't follow the story and expect to cram it into 26 episodes, so they probably have some dumb storyline already made up that they're going to follow instead of the manga.
I hope this is not the case but I fear it most likely is. Maybe they'll end season one off at a certain point and continue the anime with a season two after more volumes of the manga are released. Wishful thinking but it'd be nice if this was the case.

I have alot of expectations for the next few episodes as they're action packed and I'm hoping we'll see more of the animation calibur we saw in Souichiro vs Takayanagi fight. All in all, I still find this anime enjoyable to watch for some reason even though I know what's going to happen.

Oh ya, this is the only anime where I watch the intro everytime when I'm watching a fresh episode... YAAA IT'S PARTAH TIMEEE! I don't know why, but I love that song .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 04:24   Link #233
a_nevels666

Quote:

I think the animation quality is pretty good actually, of course the art is not up to the level of the manga, but compared to other TV series running now, the animation is quite good IMO.
Old 2004-05-02, 04:59   Link #234
Tommy
Mr. Prince

This show's pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed with episode 1 but episode 2 was so badass it got me hooked.

EDIT- I made some gifs but how do I go about posting them? Guess I need a host.

Last edited by Tommy; 2004-05-02 at 06:45.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 12:10   Link #235
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
This show's pretty cool. I wasn't too impressed with episode 1 but episode 2 was so badass it got me hooked.

EDIT- I made some gifs but how do I go about posting them? Guess I need a host.
Upload them and link them from here. It's easy and there's not Sign up.

http://www.picturehost.co.uk/upload/agree/

I had a couple of animated gif ideas on episode 2... I wonder if you made those?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 13:44   Link #236
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Upload them and link them from here. It's easy and there's not Sign up.

http://www.picturehost.co.uk/upload/agree/

I had a couple of animated gif ideas on episode 2... I wonder if you made those?
Thanks for the link. Heres the Gifs I made.

If anyone wants to use them feel free to.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:18   Link #237
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

watched episode 5, and have to say the quality of the actions is really disappointing. No more fast fluid great fight scene like in episode 2, it seems they copy and pasted the images from the manga and make it a slide show in powerpoint or something
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 14:51   Link #238
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

I know.... they got lazy.

I hope that the next episode is where the REAL animation is.
Old 2004-05-02, 15:55   Link #239
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Where are you all getting the raws at? The site I get them at is down.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-02, 20:31   Link #240
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
watched episode 5, and have to say the quality of the actions is really disappointing. No more fast fluid great fight scene like in episode 2, it seems they copy and pasted the images from the manga and make it a slide show in powerpoint or something
Or maybe they ran out of budget after episode 2?
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen