AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-27, 07:00   Link #1481
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heck, I'd go with anything, really. If there's one thing I can't fault M7 for, is its music. That was a very nice surprise, and I can't wait for the DVD to come out.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 16:10   Link #1482
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

This post is a direct reply from a different thread because we arrived to this topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not supposed to hear the actual "magic" behind the production of a hit single, are you?
I don't really mind Mamegu's singing voice, but I do think she lacks range and power. Her song selection in the series does help, as it suits her strenghts (even if they are not my particular cup o' tea) - but her songs that came out after it ended are severely lacking just that empathy.

Just listening to May'N performing live is enough to convince me of the difference between the two. But I think we're getting a bit off-topic, here. Maybe this should be better taken to the Music discussion?
Well this applies to most people that actually don't work with the programs and such, but for people that actually work on mixing and mastering someone's vocals on a track, you can usually pick up on certain effects they use on their voice in order to smooth it out if the vocalist isn't skilled on their own. This is why we have singers that sound very different live, then on a mastered CD. That's why May'N and Megumi sound very similar to their live singing, but I do agree that Megumi lacks some power and range mostly do to her inexperience. She needs to get accustomed to singing live in my opinion and she'll be even more successful.

I'm not so sure that her songs released after the series are lacking empathy but they're just a different style than what we got and it's pretty subjective. I've heard people actually do like some of her newer songs and I like them as well if I do say so myself.
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-02, 17:08   Link #1483
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Of course, liking something is completely subjective. To me, Mamegu lacks something - something that she may very well acquire later on. I try not to judge her too harshly, as my problems with Ranka's character stem from the way the show ended up portraying her - not really to her voice actress detriment (for the most part). However, her songs don't really appeal to me all that much, if I do say so myself.

And comparing her and May'N live is something you really shouldn't do. Really.

On another note, shouldn't this be in the Music Thread, not in the Movie one?

Old 2009-03-02, 19:30   Link #1484
zalem

Moved this over here cause it was clogging the Ranka thread with OT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@Dex and zalem

Oh, well sorry zalem, I thought your post is a response to Dex's post..once again, sorry zalem
Don't worry about it, it was my fault cause I was lazy and didn't quote the OP.

As for Maaya, I love her voice actually. But I HATE triangular. Though I agree, between the two triangulars I probably prefer the duet one. But if you give Maaya the right song she is great, like Hemisphere and Kiseki no umi. I actually think her Aimo is the best one.
Old 2009-03-02, 19:35   Link #1485
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Brought my comment here, as well:

I love Sakamoto Maaya, ever since... my memory fails me. But her Aimo was not very good, IMHO. Way too overproduced and the arrangement did make it seem rather... weird, I think.

Old 2009-03-02, 19:47   Link #1486
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I have no problems with Megumi, but her voice is one of those stereotypical idol voices. It sounds cute, but has no power nor strength to back it up.

That said, Aimo OC is definitely not something she should sing. It is a very powerful song, and certainly out of the leagues for amateurs like Megumi, pop singer May'n or even professionals like Maaya. No no no, lyrics sometimes makes just that much of a difference in my book.

You know who should do Aimo OC? Rurutia

- Tak (And boy, I hate Triangular too, I think its a terrible song)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-03, 00:07   Link #1487
Tak

More and more am I convinced that Ayumi Hamasaki was an inspiration for Sheryl's character (especially if you know something about her persona life)...

- Tak (And this song is slated to become the theme song for Dragonball Evolution movie)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-04, 05:39   Link #1488
Westlo
Lets be reality

Do some Ranka fans really think Megumi > Maaya? I seriously doubt you would think the same if Megumi wasn't Ranka's voice because they're not in the same league period. Of course I can see why you would think that if Frontier is your only exposure to them, since Frontier showcased a large amount of Megumi and featured arguably one of Maaya's worst singles, yet sadly her best selling.

Platinum, Hemisphere, Yakusoku wa Iranai, Gravity, Loop, Yubiwa, Tune The Rainbow and Kiseki no umi (best thing about Lodoss Wars TV). I was also more impressed by Maaya's vocal and singing debut in Escaflowne than I was with Megumi's in Frontier. Maaya should've voiced Ranka :\
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 06:55   Link #1489
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I would actually say Kiseki no Umi was the only good thing about Lodoss Wars TV.

And taste is subjective. I would NEVER claim Mamegu's superiority over Maaya or May'N, but that's me. Some other people may disagree.

Also, about that video of Ayumi Hamasaki... well, that whole setup seems miles better than what we'll get in the DB movie. Also, I could very well picture Sheryl singing and performing those moves, as well.

Old 2009-03-04, 08:40   Link #1490
Tak

Megumi over Maaya? Really? Say it ain't so! Even as big as a May'n fan that I am, I won't remotely claim her superiority over Maaya or anyone else I deem respectable. The difference is within their styles, nothing more, nothing less.

But lets face it, Megumi is an amateur. Granted that she performed well for her first act, she still has lots and lots to learn. I am willing to pad her back and go "good job", but to actually make a claim that she is superior than some of the most respected and liked professionals? I am sorry, but that is just silly.

I suppose I can start picking out where Megumi needs to improve, but I will leave that for another day.

That, and Ayumi is definitely Sheryl...

- Tak

Old 2009-03-04, 08:51   Link #1491
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Getting on the same stage with the God of anime rock is great news for May'n.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 09:05   Link #1492
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Getting on the same stage with the God of anime rock is great news for May'n.
Yes, it is. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

Old 2009-03-04, 17:15   Link #1493
LC
Shocking Pink

New Macross F CD!

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 17:20   Link #1494
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHH?!?!? What... but... how... *ahem*

What's that?

Old 2009-03-04, 17:26   Link #1495
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Macross F Drama CD Vol 1~

The title is...

Nyan Dora-Dora 1 (ドラマCD 娘ドラ◎ ドラ1) (EDIT: Sorry for the wrong kanji-reading-I ate too much sugar ;_; Tsu chan is right, it's Nyan. Blame my blurry eyes, and messed up brain D: And of course, failed internet connection and lame editing :x )

So Alto in a drag is confirmed?! XD

Here are the tracklist (I would say more to the chapters XD):

1. アルト・ミーツ・スカイ (Alto meets Sky? Katakana always makes me amazed by how Engrishy it can be )
2. 洞窟のトライアングラー (Doukutsu no Triangular-lit.:Cave of(?)Triangular. I need Tak to confirm this... "Doukutsu" can mean "cave", but further translation is a bit hard here )
3. シェリルのドキ ドキ初体験 (Sheryl no doki-doki shotaiken-lit: Sheryl first "doki-doki" experience. Doki-doki can either mean interesting or romantical way. It is used to express something that makes your heart races.)
4. 小白竜(シャオパイロン) (Ko Shiro Ryuu (Shao Pai Long)-Little White Dragon)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I can see, the story on the drama CD would be original story for the characters. "Alto Meets Sky" will talk about how his obsession with sky started... Or how he will talk about his thoughts for the sky in Vajra Planet. Either one of those. Or better, a really comedic drama about Alto and sky and how Sheryl and Ranka got jealous of sky later? XD

"Doukutsu no Triangular" will either be a Ranka focused track or an original story of the "triangular relationships" in Macross. Though seeing the cast list, I wouldn't hope much on the second one I would bet it will be the first, with Ranka talking about how she felt about Sheryl and Alto or something like that. :x

"Sheryl no Doki-doki shotaiken" Will, obviously, focusing on Sheryl. Maybe, for once, she will act as the prince who saved the beautiful Kabuki in drag, with the tagalong Mao-wannabe? XD I'm honestly is waiting for this track's extract (since I prolly won't buy the Drama CD-Money gone after buying too much merchandise ), not because I'm a Sheryl fan, but it seems to be the track that have a connection with the cover~! XD

For the last track, I honestly have no idea of what it is. :X It's Minmei's song, I know but I certainly dunno what the story is gonna be in terms of anything D: There is too little info about this drama CD orz

Oh and ickem-sensei, did you say that there is going to be a Drama CD concerning Grace too?

I have to say that this should be moved to merchandise thread, since Drama CD is not an equal of Music CDs lol

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2009-03-05 at 01:33. Reason: Adding translation, because net problem just arised after I done translating :p Added some thoughts too~
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 17:30   Link #1496
Tsuchiro

I'm guessing that's the drama cd cover?

nyan dora dora?

edit: bah.. there goes Natsu beating me to it again.
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 17:33   Link #1497
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Tsu-chan, you know I'm more active in Media or Music department~ Especially when I see Alto in a drag in the cover XD

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 17:33   Link #1498
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Too bad drama CD's can't have subtitles.

Old 2009-03-05, 05:53   Link #1499
Haninozuka

The fourth track is a duet of "Shao Pai Long" by Alto and Brera.

More info: http://blog.livedoor.jp/ld_anime02/a.../51266969.html
Haninozuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 06:00   Link #1500
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

LOL, I wonder how Hoshi is gonna sing in a "Brera" way. XD

Tags
music