AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 11:16   Link #3161
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Isn't the alchemy lab under the stairs... like all the way in a little corner of the living room.
Why do you think I noticed the bug? I know where the alchemy lab is and what it should look like - as I stated in my previous post, this is my third playthrough. But no matter how many times I bought the darn lab from Proventus Avenici, it just wouldn't appear in Breezehome - which is why I had to resort to console commands to fix it.

Quote:
Dragons appear regardless of whether or not you have reached that specific point in the main quest. Higher tiered dragons start appearing based on level. There are a few dragons (excluding main quest dragons) which rise from their graves and fly around, in a similar fashion to Sahloknir, after you defeat the latter.
Never had dragons fly around me during my first two playthroughs, at least until I got to that dragon mound with Delphine; after that, dragons started to appear and roam around a lil' more frequently. Guess there is a first time to everything.
Old 2012-09-13, 11:32   Link #3162
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Never had dragons fly around me during my first two playthroughs, at least until I got to that dragon mound with Delphine; after that, dragons started to appear and roam around a lil' more frequently. Guess there is a first time to everything.
I'm not sure how it computes for dragon. Some playthroughs they start hounding me right after the watchtower. Other playthroughs the skies are empty til after the mission with Delphine.

On the other hand, AI in general gets odd. Right now my "Lydia" acts quite differently in each character's universe. The most hilarious is my assassin's world. We'll enter an instance, Lydia will say "I've got your back." and then she'll exit the cave. Meanwhile, in my 2h warrior's world, Lydia is on the ball, switching from ranged to close combat almost like we discussed it beforehand.
Old 2012-09-13, 11:52   Link #3163
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Everything I've seen points to dragons appearing after the first attack at the watchtower.
Old 2012-09-13, 11:53   Link #3164
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, considering the complexity of the game's contents, I guess there is room for variation and, as expected, a deluge of bugs/strange things.

For example, I've had Skyrim for several months already, but yesterday, for the first time ever, I witnessed one of the infamous flying/skyrocketing mammoths. Never seen one before and yet, there it was.

However, it seems that this third playthrough is much more bug-riddled/attracting for me than the first two. There is the unlootable draugr and dragon issue that's kind of worrying me (having to use console commands every time sounds horribly tedious to me) and I'm not really in the mood to start a fourth PT just to circumvent that (and, in the worst case scenario, run into a brand new batch of bugs). Let's hope it was just a one-time thing. I'm about to go fetch Jurgen's horn in his tomb, so I'll see whether the draugr will be lootable this time...or if I have to resign myself to using CCs from now on. *SIGH*
Old 2012-09-13, 13:24   Link #3165
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Renegade, are you using mods? If so, your best bet is to check each one individually to see if any of them is causing the dragon/draugr looting issue.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:28   Link #3166
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Nope. It might sound strange to some guys, but I'm fine with the vanilla game - and kind of adamant to stay that way. I did try some cosmetic mods a couple months earlier, but failed to retain any interest in them.
Old 2012-09-13, 13:32   Link #3167
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That IS odd then, never heard of such bugs happening randomly in the unmodded game...
Old 2012-09-13, 13:43   Link #3168
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Just tried exploring Ustengrav to collect the horn and, yep, still can't loot Draugr. Something must've broken somewhere - either at the beginning or during a save, but only the devil knows where and what. Maybe with the addition of Dawnguard and some of the updates, the game has become too complex and is now a bit more bug-prone?

If that's the case, it's not a pleasant prospect...
Old 2012-09-13, 13:52   Link #3169
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Just tried exploring Ustengrav to collect the horn and, yep, still can't loot Draugr. Something must've broken somewhere - either at the beginning or during a save, but only the devil knows where and what. Maybe with the addition of Dawnguard and some of the updates, the game has become too complex and is now a bit more bug-prone?

If that's the case, it's not a pleasant prospect...

Did you uninstall mods? If you tried that than yeah, it probably is something that got screwed up, saved, and will now stick.

About dragon attacks and when they happen and frequency and such...I've noticed with my computer that certain mods make it so that no dragons attack. If I use a mod that affects the environment (only certain ones), I'll get no dragon attacks. It happened with me with Skyrim Performance Plus mods. Also, I installed a mod which made all blacksmith stations full fledged stations (such as adding smelters to Skyforge and the Riverwood blacksmith station, adding a tanning rack to Skyforge, etc.), and I had to get rid of that because dragons wouldn't attack me then.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:27   Link #3170
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Nope. I had Skyrim uninstalled some time ago when I decided to clean up my HDD, then reinstalled when I got bored and wanted to redo the Skyrim storyline from the beginning with better understanding of the do's and don't's (like using markfordelete commands a lil' too liberally, unintentionally breaking some quests, etc.). And the mods weren't installed. Right now, the game remains sternly mod-less.

Anyhow...I just loaded some earlier saves...and UGH! *gnashes teeth*

The can't-loot-draugr bug was already present during the escape from Helgen...which means I do have to restart the campaign. T_T

And, no, it's not a mod issue, I just spawned a draugr in front of me in the Helgen tunnels using the console, promptly killed it and finally managed to search its inventory. Looks like it was a corrupted save or something of the sort. From what I hear through the grapevine, saving right before a fight can trigger such corruptions - and it so happens I did make such a save before stumbling upon two Stormcloaks in the tunnels. Guess that's where things got iffy in the database.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:32   Link #3171
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, there's flakiness in the save process itself, particularly once there's a lot of history or if something complicated was going on as you tried to save (like in a combat).

Considering that it remembers where you dropped every freaking staple or ticket stub in the universe and even bodies hang around long after the wolves should have eaten them -- the data structure for a save must be pretty nightmarish.
Old 2012-09-13, 17:51   Link #3172
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Bethesda and quick-save/auto-save generally don't mix, it was flawed in FO3/NV and I imagine it's no different here. Oh, how I wish someone would make a CASM for Skyrim already.
Old 2012-09-13, 18:05   Link #3173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a character save management mod that I love dearly. It does backups of saves and lets you bring in only the saves for the character you're about to play. Sadly, no, it doesn't make the save mechanism itself any safer.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-09-13 at 18:06. Reason: never mind, the other one doesn't seem to sort by character
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 05:09   Link #3174
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I find it particularly sad that there is no validation/integrity check for those saves (though I guess it'd require quite some CPU power considering the sheer amount of items/database entries to verify); it'd spare the player the hassle of leafing through his/her earlier saves to find where the corruption lies and where he/she could safely start anew. Some of us players don't always think about saving as frequently as possible. T_T

Anyway, I once again stumbled upon the Breezehome alchemy bug. I'm not really sure what causes it, but console commands inevitably came to the rescue. On the plus side, draugr and dragons are once again searchable...but who knows, maybe Skyrim is silently trolling me and is actually waiting for me to realize that Falmer|(insert other race here) are unsearchable. >_>

Still, it looks like I do already have a bug somewhere in this fourth playthrough, because I've had two CTDs in the past twelve hours: one when trying to add a sneaking enchantment to my boots and the other when trying to talk with a Whiterun denizen. Jesus, this game really has become very delicate/brittle...

Oh, and those marauding vampires are absolutely murderous - twice they've visited Whiterun during nighttime and, by the time I arrived on the scene, they had already killed a dozen named characters and guards. Not sure I like these Radiant events... -_-;
Old 2012-09-14, 05:24   Link #3175
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Really? The vampires that attack WR in my game never make it past the gates. The guards and the redguard dudes there (still) destroy them.

Speaking of saves I accidentally overwrote my latest save. damn nigh on had a heart attack, since it'd be quite a while since I had done a proper save outside of quick saves (which had been replaced by another character), thankfully got a little app called Shadow Explorer and was able to restore the save.

How'd you fix Breezeholme? Mines all spick and span except for that one corner that looks like a spiders nest.
Old 2012-09-14, 05:27   Link #3176
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, the vampires that made it through usually had two heavily armed thralls with them and once they got the gate guards down (somehow this also happens when I enter Whiterun and suddenly find a vamp spawning behind me), they started running around attacking whatever passerby they could find.

As for the Breezehome bug fix, apparently either
- you uninstall Dawnguard, make the Breezehome furniture purchases then reinstall the DLC
- or you use these console commands:
Quote:
prid e4ef9
disable
prid e4ec8
enable
If you don't want to type all of that in-game, just
1. save the above instructions in a file named BreezehomeBug.txt
2. place the file in Skyrim's root folder
3. load your most recent Skyrim save
4. open the console and type this: "bat BreezehomeBug" (without quotes).

Seeing that Dawnguard apparently causes some more bugs (database becoming too large and thus more error-prone?), I do not know if I'll actually uninstall the DLC or deactivate the data files for the time being to save myself a few white hairs, or if I'll keep it to enjoy the DG perks. I do appreciate the ability to craft arrows by myself, after all - among other things.
Old 2012-09-14, 05:33   Link #3177
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cool, thanks will have to try that when I get in Skyrim again.
Old 2012-09-14, 14:05   Link #3178
Destined_Fate

Hmm... Any word on an Unofficial Dawnguard patch?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:48   Link #3179
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hmm... Any word on an Unofficial Dawnguard patch?
There's one on nexus

well since Dota 2, PoE and Darksiders 2 managed to screw with my RPing and Time in skyrim(2 weeks without playing this shiet), thus im still waiting for a Proper patch to fix Breezehome and some quests.
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 15:59   Link #3180
sa547
*Author

Breezehome troubles, eh? I had a good mod for it once but went south on me after finishing Dawnguard and I couldn't use the bed, so I had to find a replacement which finally allowed my character to sleep.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim