AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 00:01   Link #1301
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Maybe we'd warm up to Naru once we got to know her better.
You know, if the show bothered to spend time on her.
They better not make Naru into the AO version of Aquarion EVOL's Mikono, that would just be horrible.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-20, 06:01   Link #1302
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The OVA for Eureka Seven AO will be released on Sept 20 in Japan. It is a hybrid disc release, where they sell it in game stores as a PS3 title, but the blu-ray includes what is usually a shitty action game along with the anime OVA.

The OVA is called "The Flowers of Jungfrau" and is a 30 minute episode which takes place between ep8 and 9. Apparently it's about Ao, Elena and Fleur trying to evade being part of a documentary program. The game is called Eureka Seven Attack the Legend, and it includes short missions taken from the original TV series, the new AO series, as well as the movie.

The regular version will cost 7980yen, and there will also be a limited edition going for 10500yen. The LE includes the storyboards and script for the OVA episode, the Eureka Seven Archive, and an illustrated box. Both versions also include bonus features on the disc including a documentary on the Pachislot game, a discussion with the voice cast, as well as Eureka Seven Episode 51 New Order.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 04:33   Link #1303
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
The OVA is called "The Flowers of Jungfrau" and is a 30 minute episode which takes place between ep8 and 9. Apparently it's about Ao, Elena and Fleur trying to evade being part of a documentary program.
Yeah about that...

http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs...ekaao/top.html

Did they seriously make Ao crossdress as Eureka.
Just great, insult to the injury.

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-06-21 at 05:04.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 05:54   Link #1304
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And yet in other anime, this is viewed as ascended fanboyism.

IE to say, its one of those things where YMMV.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:49   Link #1305
ChocoBar9
Banned

In other news.....

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-10275.html

Looks like FLOW is returning to do a new OP for AO
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 07:39   Link #1306
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yeah FLOW is doing the new OP and joy is doing the new ED. It will start in mid-July, so either ep13 or 14. The singles will be released on Sept 5. I didn't post earlier because I didn't want to double-post.
Old 2012-06-21, 08:34   Link #1307
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Maybe we'd warm up to Naru once we got to know her better.
You know, if the show bothered to spend time on her.
It is pretty strange that she gets so much focus in the opening yet only appears in maybe 4 episodes total so far and is barely featured in them at that. I wonder if they decided to go a different route with the story since they did the opening or something. I guess we'll see once the second one rolls around. If suddenly all the focus she got is now taken by Fleur or she's just not in it much then I think it'll be pretty telling, if she's still featured prominently in the opening then they better start using her a little more in the second half.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:10   Link #1308
Jerseykid

I like the music whenever truth shows up. It must be difficult for Ao to defeat him if every time he ends up unconcious at the beginning of the encounter
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 04:14   Link #1309
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Episode 10. It's hard to take this episode seriously when the enemy is a giant toad and the protagonists escape the peril in colorful tents. Also Ivica is one bad dude, taking Secrets on with a rocket launcher and ain't afraid to be burned in the explosion heat. Kinda weird that Ao was freaking out over people dying now of all times even though he already had the time for that in the very beginning and a big part of his motivation to fight Secrets is to not let people die. I understand what was supposed to happen in that scene, it's just kinda awkwardly presented.

Outside of that, filler. Even 2ch is bored.
Old 2012-06-22, 04:22   Link #1310
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 10

With Igarashi storyboarding this episode I was hoping for more comedy or humor, but there wasn't much here. Still, there were some pretty creative shots and nice layout for several scenes. The scenario itself this week was pretty fun and I liked how they mixed character development with a rather unusual mission scenario. The action at the end was pretty satisfying, with some really nice effect animations.

At this point, it's pretty obvious that Ao reflects the audience, while Truth reflects the authors of the show. There's quite a bit of self-aware trolling going on, but I don't mind it much if the payoff eventually is good. We'll see where it goes. Next week looks like another major plot episode. It could either be awesome, or painful! Can't wait.
Old 2012-06-22, 06:45   Link #1311
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It is pretty strange that she gets so much focus in the opening yet only appears in maybe 4 episodes total so far and is barely featured in them at that. I wonder if they decided to go a different route with the story since they did the opening or something. I guess we'll see once the second one rolls around. If suddenly all the focus she got is now taken by Fleur or she's just not in it much then I think it'll be pretty telling, if she's still featured prominently in the opening then they better start using her a little more in the second half.
Maybe they're trying to copy Evol and have the Main Heroine out of the picture while over developing the rival to be too likeable in comparison.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 06:54   Link #1312
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Maybe they're trying to copy Evol and have the Main Heroine out of the picture while over developing the rival to be too likeable in comparison.
Is she even a rival? There isn't even a visible romance plot between Ao and Fleur, they just bro'd up together on an occasion.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:06   Link #1313
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was an okay episode. They were some eyebrow raising moments (everybody jumping up and down inside tents to escape... LOL) but it didn't feel like filler to me. Ivica and Rebecka's backgrounds were very interesting.
Old 2012-06-22, 08:00   Link #1314
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

a character development episode for Chief Ivica and Rebecka, i wonder if Chief Ivicka knows that Rebecka is the one to blame for the lost of his country/wife/child, while on the other hand Rebecka i think have raise a death flag in this episode since she has so much guilt for Chief Ivicka and she might be ready to die anytime just to payback what she has done to Chief Ivicka
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 08:12   Link #1315
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Chief was badass. Don't really care much about Rebecka though. Ao was smart enough to figure out the Secret's behaviour of attacking humanoid objects (which I think is gonna spill over to other secrets), and interestingly enough, this time he was USELESS in the fight when he was instrumental to all the other Secret's destruction before. I'm glad that they're able to show more of Fleur/Elena's competency, considering they're supposed to be the aces even before Ao showed up.

Come to think of it, it seems Fleur's "mini-arc" seems to be over. This episode delves more into the crew of Triton, while next episode would seem to have a greater emphasis on our resident otaku pilot... but focusing on her other self, the goth rocker singer. I still can't get over how WTF her two personas are...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 09:17   Link #1316
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Similar to a certain other show, with 2 cours they could afford to spend more episodes developing each side characters before moving to the main story.

Though the previous Eureka Seven was a whooping 52 episode series, what are the odds we'll get the same again ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 10:58   Link #1317
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hopefully, its likely. Especially since Gundam's back to the good ol 52 episode length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Come to think of it, it seems Fleur's "mini-arc" seems to be over. This episode delves more into the crew of Triton, while next episode would seem to have a greater emphasis on our resident otaku pilot... but focusing on her other self, the goth rocker singer. I still can't get over how WTF her two personas are...
The sheer madness involved alone made her my waifu.
Old 2012-06-22, 11:34   Link #1318
ookamigirl

The whole assistance to US thing got pretty serious fast.
Lots of politics involved too.
That Truth guy seems to be everywhere that matters too.
Ao figured out something very important and interesting.
It was kinda funny watching them mask as tents but very effective too ^^
Well, at least they learned something useful and completed the mission successfully.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 15:41   Link #1319
Xagzan

Flow's doing the second OP? That's awesome, color me excited. Although I've loved the first OP song as well, so I guess it's a mix of positive-negative for me.

Anyway, I was extremely grateful for the slight Rebecka/Ivica development this week. It looks like we got the beginning of what will be, hopefully, their character arcs.

Truth still irritates me with how out of place he can feel, but I was interested in his line, "The Secrets aren't what you think they are." So, perhaps they're not simply malevolent monsters bent on destroying all Scubs?

And hey, good to see Ao get so furious over Naru he just charges the guy who can blow you up with his finger gun. As for why he's suddenly freaking out over people dying, well, has anyone really died right next to him like that before, like all those people were who got zapped by the Options? I can't recall.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 16:14   Link #1320
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't believe Ao has seen anyone die graphically right before his eyes like that, no - he's just seen the aftereffects.

I like Ao's reactions here. He's 12. Bravery isn't not being afraid - that's stupidity. Bravery is being afraid and doing what you have to anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen