AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-06-24, 01:29   Link #61
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
^ Um, maybe I didn't explain this enough...

What I mean is, if there's a bit of yuri, it's okay, but I hope they don't overdo it just to sell better. I'm not saying that because I'm a homophobe (which I am not-- I don't think I made that clear ~ !), but just because I don't like excess fanservice in an otherwise good show.

I hope that cleared it up slightly!
I can understand how you feel about fanservice. That's exactly why I HATE Ikki Tousen.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 13:47   Link #62
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
I hope they leave the romance out of it altogether.

i mean it was fine in some anime series, but when the main point of the anime is the unique Mecha concept, then i think it should be focused on them and the role they play in the that universe.

a bit like Tactical Roar. If you ignore the weak romance sub-plot it's a fine example of non-robotic mecha action with futuristic naval weapon platforms.

if they only going to put the aeronautical infantries in this series then i hope to haruhi thart they put in the spitfire!

GO SPITFIRE! kill those me-109's!!!

Old 2008-06-24, 14:35   Link #63
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I think Sky Girls had a good balance with some romance element to it but still a good balance between romance, slice-of-life, and action--if Strike Witches can pull a similar balance off I'll be happy.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 17:48   Link #64
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Romance sho-mance. Just beat the crap out of the enemy.

I want to see more of those dogfights and the other division battles like the OVA was doing. Tragic deaths are a must too since this is a war situation. The bloodier the better.

I also hope that the invader is interesting.
Old 2008-06-24, 18:35   Link #65
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
I think Sky Girls had a good balance with some romance element to it but still a good balance between romance, slice-of-life, and action--if Strike Witches can pull a similar balance off I'll be happy.
I would prefer slice-of-life over any romance. Like Azumanga.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 20:06   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
It had what I like to call Fantasy Slice of Life. A lot of so called slice of life anime features this take on life where it's basically an idealized version of what Otaku's dream that life was like. Lots of Moe Girls everywhere, situations that seem like they came out of a standard visual novel scenario script, trips to the hot springs with girls girls girls etc.

It was a decent show, but the "slice of life" elements were nothing like real life. Though I guess the fact that it at least had some male characters of prominence is a one up on most "slice of life" franchises where god forbid there should even be any male characters at all.....cause you know the male sex doesn't exist in real life at all or something. Well not in Fantasy Slice of Life anyway *Glowers at Hidamari Sketch, Manabi Straight, Minami-Ke and the like*.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-25, 01:06   Link #67
Wesley84

Minami-ke had alot of guys in it. If there are to be males in a series, you could do alot worse than the ones portrayed in that series.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:56   Link #68
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The official Japanese website of the Strike Witches television series is streaming four commercials promoting the project. (In the linked page, select the top-left red button, and then select any of the four white text links that appears in the resulting frame.) The Strike Witches television series and the earlier Strike Witches video project adapt the illustrations of Humikane Shimada (Sky Girls) and explain the premise for mecha-girls: girls whose bodies have been merged with real-life and imaginary machinery and weapons. Three of the videos feature the opening theme song "Strike Witches" by Yoko Ishida, the fourth video features the ending theme song "Bookmark Ahead" by Strike Witches, the ad-hoc group formed by the 11 main voice actresses of the series.
http://s-witch.cute.or.jp/

lol, I can already predict the storm that is approaching , this thread should be providing some entertainment soon enough.

Like many, I can see people comparing the OP song to Virgin's High, I'm more leaning towards Virgin's High because of its upbeat tune but perhaps it might grown on me, although from the beginning I hoped they would go for an instrumental OP like Haibane consider the music used throughout the Strike Witches OVA.

As for the series itself, to me it seems like it’s going to focus on Yoshika Miyafuji from teaser 1. As long as there isn’t a Kira Yamato like pilot in Strike witches it should be an enjoyable ride for me.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 15:27   Link #69
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I'm impressed by the sheer number of moe elements they packed into the trailers--I probably missed some but counted bloomers, school swimsuits, animal ears, mecha musume, panchira--moe enough any anime fan watching it will probably burst into flames. Hopefully the plot and characters will be fun to watch too, though. The complete lack of any guys worries me a little, but even without a romance subplot in there (assuming they don't go yuri) I think it could still be good if there's some good dogfight scenes and a likeable cast.

Last edited by suguru; 2008-06-29 at 19:49. Reason: my original post was somewhat incoherent...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 22:17   Link #70
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Show seems a little more fetishy then just loli yes?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 07:57   Link #71
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I agree with Kaioshin Sama. I thought I saw 2 cameltoes before my connection and their stream had to part ways.
Old 2008-07-03, 11:07   Link #72
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
shouldn't this be moved to the licensed forum?

anyway 20 minutes till it starts

and hopefully about 40-60 minutes till we get to watch it
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 11:19   Link #73
Graus
grumpy guy in #mirrormoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
shouldn't this be moved to the licensed forum?

anyway 20 minutes till it starts

and hopefully about 40-60 minutes till we get to watch it
Hopefully we have quick raw cappers on this one because live streaming doesnt seem to be an option right now.

EDIT: It's currently airing as I write this.
Graus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 12:05   Link #74
Jiyuu

its up in bosttv..

Last edited by Jiyuu; 2008-07-03 at 13:16. Reason: mistake
Old 2008-07-03, 12:06   Link #75
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

On CR it says it is up, but then says "video unavailable". Hmm...
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 12:16   Link #76
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hope it turns out to be action packed and fast pased.
...or just fast pased.
Old 2008-07-03, 12:38   Link #77
Jiyuu

well just finished ep 1..

the animation was really fluid and looked really good.
but this is the first ep so we need to wait and see if it lasts :P
the story is just starting so i can't really comment about any of that,
the characters seemed nice, but it'll take time to know each of them..

one of the things that puzzled me the most was why do they don't have pants and wear a mizugi all the time under their shirts XDD
but i'm sure theres a perfectly logical explanation XDD

Last edited by Jiyuu; 2008-07-03 at 13:15. Reason: mistake
Old 2008-07-03, 12:43   Link #78
Nemuru

I'm just going to give youtube/CR 20mins more before I decided to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu
one of the things that puzzled me the most was why do they don't have pants and wear a mizugi all the time under their shirts XDD
but i'm sure theres a perfectly logical explanation XDD
Lol, I could give a few reason but as they say less is best, well I prefer less anyway.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:01   Link #79
cyth
Banned

The first episode was pretty good; I'll give it one more episode to finish leaving an impression on me. I just wish Crunchyroll's encodes would improve soon. CR also raised the minimum donation amount to $3. >.< I don't like where this is going...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 13:15   Link #80
Jiyuu

damn,
i just realized that strike witches isn't cheaper then the earlyer series.
it is actually more expensive..
its 3$ not 1.5..

i forgot that every 100 points are 2$ and not 1$.. damn :S

*edit*
well now i actually read what bost wrote and i think this will interest you all alot.

now the price of buying an episode includes a 420P H264 encoded Mp4 files to download with no DRM whatsoever.

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume