AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-11, 10:43   Link #201
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
At least she's cute. So. .w hoever wins, I still think that "it's okay" lol. Though I hope for another Shuffle!

Quote:
Anyway, I think he either ends with Sylvia or Charlotte, though the other two won't be so easily ignored. It's been a while since I've had a series that made me feel 'hurry up and air!'.
Same here ;_;
But...guess we have to wait Hope the animation quality will stay the same. .or better.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:26   Link #202
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I just want the pink hair girl to lose, by any means necessary including death, im so sick of that species in anime in regards to this kind of stuff.
Would you mind elaborating on that, considering that Charlotte doesn't readily fall under any of the usual stereotypes, at least going by the first impressions ? (Which is something that arguably can't be said about Sylvia at this point).
Old 2009-07-11, 11:32   Link #203
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Would you mind elaborating on that, considering that Charlotte doesn't readily fall under any of the usual stereotypes, at least going by the first impressions ? (Which is something that arguably can't be said about Sylvia at this point).
Really? Because Charlotte more then anything falls under the stereotype of outgoing girl who bugs the main character at every turn in the story. jumps him at any chance.. that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken... Kind of person.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 11:35   Link #204
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Really? Because Charlotte more then anything falls under the stereotype of outgoing girl who bugs the main character at every turn in the story. jumps him at any chance.. that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken... Kind of person.
Plus has huge breasts and pink hair.
Old 2009-07-11, 11:45   Link #205
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Ah, but Teppei isn't taken though - not until he himself acknowledges the engagement at least (Nor do we know if it is something Sylvia wishes for either at the moment). Charlotte indeed seems easygoing, but i like the self-awareness she displayed during her playful quirks. She doesn't seem like a sheltered airhead or someone who is self-important, either of which was something i was rather expecting from your typical princess character, so she came as a somewhat pleasant surprise for the role. Jury is still out on Sylvia, but thus far i see someone who is likely to be the usual knightly character, easily flustered and angered about things that don't condone to her vision of (likely somewhat strict) etiquette, and wouldn't be surprised if she is a tsundere as well. Though either are liable to change at this point i suppose, given the minimal exposure to either character, but based on said impressions i personally have more to look towards to in Charlotte. Though i suppose this comes down to arguing personal preferences in the end, so heh ..
Old 2009-07-11, 11:54   Link #206
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ah, but Teppei isn't taken though - not until he himself acknowledges the engagement at least (Nor do we know if it is something Sylvia wishes for either at the moment). Charlotte indeed seems easygoing, but i like the self-awareness she displayed during her playful quirks. She doesn't seem like a sheltered airhead or someone who is self-important, either of which was something i was rather expecting from your typical princess character, so she came as a somewhat pleasant surprise for the role. Jury is still out on Sylvia, but thus far i see someone who is likely to be the usual knightly character, easily flustered and angered about things that don't condone to her vision of (likely somewhat strict) etiquette, and wouldn't be surprised if she is a tsundere as well. Though either are liable to change at this point i suppose, given the minimal exposure to either character, but based on said impressions i personally have more to look towards to in Charlotte. Though i suppose this comes down to arguing personal preferences in the end, so heh ..
I was using "that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken" as an example, Like in many many many typical Shoujo mangas the heroine has a boyfriend and another girl constantly goes after her boyfriend regardless kind of person. And Yes, it definitely comes down to personal preference in the end. I was trying to explain that Charlotte falls still into a category of stereotypical Anime characters.
Old 2009-07-11, 12:00   Link #207
Wargumm1i
Hentai

What pink haired girl?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:07   Link #208
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I was using "that one girl who keeps trying even though she knows the guy is taken" as an example, Like in many many many typical Shoujo mangas the heroine has a boyfriend and another girl constantly goes after her boyfriend regardless kind of person. And Yes, it definitely comes down to personal preference in the end. I was trying to explain that Charlotte falls still into a category of stereotypical Anime characters.
The type of girl who likes to nags around with the protagonist ? Well, at least she was the one who first met Teppei, so it does not feel completely stereotypical for me.

Anyway, in what day does this show airs ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:22   Link #209
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
The type of girl who likes to nags around with the protagonist ? Well, at least she was the one who first met Teppei, so it does not feel completely stereotypical for me.

Anyway, in what day does this show airs ?
Hmmm...tomorrow afternoon, if I'm not mistaken. In more or less 22 hours.
Old 2009-07-11, 12:46   Link #210
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
I just want the pink hair girl to lose, by any means necessary including death, im so sick of that species in anime in regards to this kind of stuff.
not many pink haired main girs out there for my taste, they are my fav so of course l'mma root for her plus the little that has been shown about her...she isn't annoying or abusive
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:48   Link #211
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Pink-haired girls? Kuniko ftw ^^

... Yeah, I know, offtopic I don't really mind the hair, unless it's green, and then, not THAT much
Old 2009-07-11, 12:51   Link #212
cloudninja

To me it was definitely an above average start for a harem-based show, I usually drop most of them after the first episode but this one is worth watching so far.

Charlotte seems playful and teasing, they'll probably make her somewhat aggressive without being over the top. My guess is that she will turn out to be more than just a shallow one-dimensional character. I hope it's not just wishful thinking but I see hints in their first meeting that she is more intelligent and thoughtful than the standard stereotype that she fits in, hopefully they'll show more of it in later episodes.

With Sylvia, I can see that they're using the Saber resemblance for some instant appeal. She certainly seems cute and is more innocent looking compared to Saber. I remember Saber as usually having a tougher looking expression on her face, probably because of all the battles and hardship she went through. Anyway, it's early in the show and I hope they manage to give all the characters some level of depth.
cloudninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 12:57   Link #213
velvet nightmare

though the series is listed as comedy + harem

im interested in how they're going to proceed with the whole murder thing and backstabbing issues that was brought up
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 14:23   Link #214
satomianzaki

this anime really caught my attention, as one of the female charcaters, sylvia, looks like one of my most favorite female anime characters, saber...

as this is just the beginning and even though sylvia is engaged to teppei, charlotte is really a huge threat to their relationship, if there will be any...since its just an arranged engagement...besides, there is a higher possibilty that teppei will choose charlotte, since well...hmmm, maybe because like what others mentioned, she's like the main girl?

how could they do that to a saber look alike? just giving her a supporting role?
oh well...still i'm rooting sylvia for teppei...she's really pretty and quite strong too...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:02   Link #215
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I just wonder how many girls will fall for the main character, it seems that the princess and his fiance, also its seems that the maid will as well. And that twin pony tail girl in the preview will also I think.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:05   Link #216
ubb

Does anyone have background info on the twin tail?
ubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:15   Link #217
Lostdreams

Quote:
how can you judge any of the characters after the first episode. For all you know, Silvie might be a lesbian.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 23:43   Link #218
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
how can you judge any of the characters after the first episode. For all you know, Silvie might be a lesbian.
I'm a very judgmental person who doesn't like flirts
Anyway that's why i used such a broad category to describe her.
We'd have an interesting Harem if Sylvia was Lesbian...

Last edited by Foreshadow; 2009-07-11 at 23:56.
Old 2009-07-12, 00:03   Link #219
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I just wonder how many girls will fall for the main character, it seems that the princess and his fiance, also its seems that the maid will as well. And that twin pony tail girl in the preview will also I think.
the four girls at the end of the op perhaps?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 00:25   Link #220
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I rather think of her as the genki girl who is interested by the male lead. And the stereotype of the girl who pursues the already taken guy can't be applied yet, since:
1) I doubt the fact that Sylvia and Teppei are engaged is known to the schoolmates yet
2) We don't know the guy's choice regarding that engagement

I wonder, does Charlotte outrank Sylvia socially?

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen