AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-31, 19:02   Link #2041
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
"Ranka Lee IRL" act
I don't know where everyone gets this impression. When I visit the blogs of Megumi and May'n, it's clear that it's May'n who is the cute flailing one, pilfering her posts with smileys and stars, with Megumi clearly the more straight-forward speaking one. When Nakajima is not dressed up for concerts, she has a tendency to look and dress her age, and only poses as cute enough as the other people I see on facebook. When she's dressed up silly, you know it's a concert post. (So, who IS Ranka Lee in real life? The person who acts syrupy cute in real life, or the person who just acts it out when needed?)

To wrap it up, I want to say that we have not seen enough of Megumi or May'n in real life to judge what they're really like.

Back to a music discussion.

For the two current Macross F singers, I only have to say that I'm unimpressed. May'n has the emotion, but lacks the tone. Megumi has the tone, but can be boring. I found myself wanting to fast forward in some of their performances in the Budokan Live. May'n was starting to give me a headache, Megumi was starting to make me sleep. Coupled with the dancing, acting, and costumes...

Thank god for the orchestra. Unsung heroes. They rocked!!! Tsuneo Imahori is amazing, as usual. Kanno is cute and quiet, as usual. And everyone, FLAWLESS.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 19:08   Link #2042
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
To sum up my impression of the two Macross F singers, I only have to say that I'm unimpressed. May'n has the emotion, but lacks the tone. Megumi has the tone, but can be boring. I found myself wanting to fast forward in some of their performances in the Budokan Live. May'n was starting to give me a headache, Megumi was starting to make me sleep. Coupled with the dancing, acting, and costumes...

Thank god for the orchestra. Unsung heroes. They rocked!!! Tsuneo Imahori is amazing, as usual. Kanno is cute and quiet, as usual. And everyone, FLAWLESS.
I haven't seen Budokan yet, because I've ordered the DVD (and thus don't want to spoil it for myself), but I thought both of the Frontier singers definitely held their own at the Super Dimension Tanabata show. Although of course, there were long periods where they were either not on stage or just singing back-up...if it had been three hours of just them, maybe I'd feel differently.

But yeah...even there, the orchestra was the REAL powerhouse.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 19:25   Link #2043
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I haven't seen Budokan yet, because I've ordered the DVD (and thus don't want to spoil it for myself), but I thought both of the Frontier singers definitely held their own at the Super Dimension Tanabata show. Although of course, there were long periods where they were either not on stage or just singing back-up...if it had been three hours of just them, maybe I'd feel differently.

But yeah...even there, the orchestra was the REAL powerhouse.

Wow, you have some self-control there. I had to download the rips and take a peek. My DVD will probably come in 3 weeks from the shipping date, and that's a little too much for me. I wonder how those who ordered the BR plan to hold out.

Watch out for the arrangements of Ninjin Loves You and Yousei! The VA's were also very funny, especially Bobby's VA. He's a riot, I tell you
Old 2009-10-31, 19:37   Link #2044
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Wow, you have some self-control there. I had to download the rips and take a peek. My DVD will probably come in 3 weeks from the shipping date, and that's a little too much for me. I wonder how those who ordered the BR plan to hold out.

Watch out for the arrangements of Ninjin Loves You and Yousei! The VA's were also very funny, especially Bobby's VA. He's a riot, I tell you
I remember in Macross Chronicle, they had a few pages devoted to the Budokan show, and I saw the VAs for Alto and Michael doing the Nyan-Nyan dance...

And really...the main reason I haven't downloaded it is merely because I'm not terribly excited about it. It's cool to have, but at this point, I'd much rather have the Macross Crossover Live...

EDIT: By the way, I pulled out an old Pink Lady album that I had lying around, and I had completely forgotten that they had a big hit single with a song called "Pink Typhoon." MERE COINCIDENCE...?
Old 2009-10-31, 19:48   Link #2045
mike_s_6

Quote:
I'd much rather have the Macross Crossover Live...
Now we'll see how "rarely" this "service" is done, because I also hope the Crossover Live is released! Akino Arai came!!!

Quote:
EDIT: By the way, I pulled out an old Pink Lady album that I had lying around, and I had completely forgotten that they had a big hit single with a song called "Pink Typhoon." MERE COINCIDENCE...?
Whoa, didn't know that! Considering "Pink Monsoon" doesn't make sense alongside the other lyrics of the song, it might have been a throw-off to this.
Old 2009-10-31, 19:54   Link #2046
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Now we'll see how "rarely" this "service" is done, because I also hope the Crossover Live is released! Akino Arai came!!!

Whoa, didn't know that! Considering "Pink Monsoon" doesn't make sense alongside the other lyrics of the song, it might have been a throw-off to this.
Well...I should probably research this more, but I'm wondering if more than one title is an homage. It's well-known that Seiko Matsuda was THE big inspiration for the creation of Minmay, and one of Seiko's big songs is called "Jikan Hikou." If I can find another echo or two, I might think it's deliberate on YK's part.

Time to comb through my '80s Jpop collections, I guess...
Old 2009-10-31, 20:00   Link #2047
mike_s_6

Quote:
"Jikan Hikou."
Jikan Hikou? And Ranka goes on a fold before she sings Seikan Hikou? Priceless :P
Old 2009-10-31, 20:37   Link #2048
AlaAlba

oh? they shortly aired this first time on this week's radio show
Universal Bunny!!
nicojp
nicospanish
nice song ^

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2009-10-31 at 21:14.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:03   Link #2049
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
oh? they shortly aired this first time on this week's radio show
Universal Bunny!!
nicojp
nicospanish
nice song ^
Very cool! Thank you!
Old 2009-10-31, 22:54   Link #2050
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Aw, man, that is slated to become one of my favorite songs...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 23:40   Link #2051
mike_s_6

Catchy song is catchy!!! I love it
Old 2009-11-01, 00:44   Link #2052
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaalba View Post
oh? They shortly aired this first time on this week's radio show
universal bunny!!
nicojp
nicospanish
Nice song ^
holyshitttt!!!!
Old 2009-11-01, 05:42   Link #2053
klare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OA12GlTLUo

Lion live, May'N and Megumi in BUDOHKAN
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 07:08   Link #2054
AlaAlba

short lyric of universal bunny

Spoiler for bunny:

and can anyone confirm what is the "??" part? ^

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2009-11-01 at 07:20.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 13:55   Link #2055
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OA12GlTLUo

Lion live, May'N and Megumi in BUDOHKAN
Wow, thanks for the link. I might buy this on BluRay now

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 14:42   Link #2056
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, seeing as I'm not really able to afford the DVD now, I did download one of the rips floating around. Beautiful concert, kudos to all involved. Still think Mamegu's wardrobe could be improved - a lot - but, honestly, it was such a nice thing that I can simply forgive them for it.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:15   Link #2057
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I may not like Macross F as much as other people here, but Lion is one of the best freaking duets I've ever heard. The lyris manage to hit me very hard every time I hear it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:24   Link #2058
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

...Why does everyone have Cross Game avatars all of a sudden...?
Old 2009-11-01, 15:28   Link #2059
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
...Why does everyone have Cross Game avatars all of a sudden...?

Glad you asked that, call it a subliminal tactic to get more people to watch Cross Game which is one of the more underrated shows this season

But yeah, Lion...great song

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:40   Link #2060
justavisitor

The cross game avatar has worked on me XD...never heard the anime/manga before and I almost thought someone was going to reanime "touch" probably I will watch this anime since I have nothing to watch except Kamen Rider W at this moment (or Kobato...)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music