AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-12, 18:22   Link #1181
Zerohero

Why she left their land ..?
Olga
And what he writes in a letter, which she left.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 18:56   Link #1182
oplover
Usually a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
English? Don't know. I heard it was polled and the results haven't been favorable. The truth is that this novel has to get past a lot of preconceived notions. Most people who look at the cover will automatically assume ecchi+fanservice and shallow plot. I also know of a translator in the Chinese community who dropped the translation after volume 2 because in her words, "there was too much skin" when in reality, the ecchi scenes decrease and the emphasis on the deep plot increases. The translation of the series wasn't picked up until a few months later and even then, the series was slow in popularity, which led to slow translations. It didn't really get a following until maybe Volume 4 when people started to follow it.

Further, for some reason, deeper light novels that focus on politics generally hasn't been well received in terms of popularity. Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Rakuin no Monsho, and Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari are all light novels heavy in politics yet receive considerable less attention than the likes of Campione, High school DxD, Infinite Stratos, etc. In the Chinese community, Madan has gained enough support that the translation is moving along, but Rakuin no Monsho and Mismarca are still moving at a glacial pace.
Same case here. I have friends from publisher that also don't want to bring Madan ou just because some lewd illustrations. Anyway i won't stop believing.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:38   Link #1183
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Should I do a detailed summary for chapter 2 while SC II loads?
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 19:59   Link #1184
blackwhite67
Banned

Please and thank you.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:03   Link #1185
noobarta

Quote:
In Chapter 2, Tigre had a dream
Spoiler for spoiler:
NONE ARE SAFE~!!! AHAHAHHAHAH XD

Why'd Olga decide to sleep next to Tigre though? lawl, should be given what he'd do ;p
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:08   Link #1186
nacer666

Olga and Tigre shared a room on the ship,so 2 people+1 bed+cold=sleeping together
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 20:32   Link #1187
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Spoiler for V6 C2 Spoiler.:
Old 2013-03-12, 20:36   Link #1188
blackwhite67
Banned

Thank you.
Old 2013-03-12, 20:38   Link #1189
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Spoiler for Olga/Tigre boating trip.:
Old 2013-03-12, 20:43   Link #1190
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
That goes beyond regular harem MC stupidity.
Old 2013-03-12, 22:17   Link #1191
whsie

lol, that was a general bullet point of all the events. Of course, the text is considerably more detailed. For example,
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 22:50   Link #1192
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

for confirmation! Is Olga's age really younger than other vanadis? She is not loli that her body and age mismatched right? And what the power Olga has (as Elle is a wind and mila is ice)?
Old 2013-03-12, 23:10   Link #1193
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
English? Don't know. I heard it was polled and the results haven't been favorable. The truth is that this novel has to get past a lot of preconceived notions. Most people who look at the cover will automatically assume ecchi+fanservice and shallow plot. I also know of a translator in the Chinese community who dropped the translation after volume 2 because in her words, "there was too much skin" when in reality, the ecchi scenes decrease and the emphasis on the deep plot increases. The translation of the series wasn't picked up until a few months later and even then, the series was slow in popularity, which led to slow translations. It didn't really get a following until maybe Volume 4 when people started to follow it.

Further, for some reason, deeper light novels that focus on politics generally hasn't been well received in terms of popularity. Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Rakuin no Monsho, and Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari are all light novels heavy in politics yet receive considerable less attention than the likes of Campione, High school DxD, Infinite Stratos, etc. In the Chinese community, Madan has gained enough support that the translation is moving along, but Rakuin no Monsho and Mismarca are still moving at a glacial pace.
落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国 seems like it's going to be suffering from this problem as much as Vanadis is.

Even this thread is proof that the majority loves the skin and the harem when it barely makes up a majority of the story, thanks to their misguided notions from the illustrations. Can't get it in their heads that its focus is on the plot, that politics plays a major part, and that it has a lot of deconstructions along the way than your usual fantasy story. They'd rather try to drag it down to the same level of other cliched shounen harem stories when this clearly isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
The stupid thing is that you are sensationalizing information from spoilers when, judging from the way you worded things, it comes off that you didn't understand the context in the first place or chose to purposely ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
for confirmation! Is Olga's age really younger than other vanadis? She is not loli that her body and age mismatched right? And what the power Olga has (as Elle is a wind and mila is ice)?
This thread has 60 pages. I'm sure one of the posts in the previous pages might have already mentioned that. It doesn't even take much effort to look.
Old 2013-03-13, 00:06   Link #1194
ZeKeR
Superbad

I wouldn't be surprised if Olga bluntly said "yes, he hugged me every night" to the girls.
Old 2013-03-13, 01:39   Link #1195
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国 seems like it's going to be suffering from this problem as much as Vanadis is.

Even this thread is proof that the majority loves the skin and the harem when it barely makes up a majority of the story, thanks to their misguided notions from the illustrations. Can't get it in their heads that its focus is on the plot, that politics plays a major part, and that it has a lot of deconstructions along the way than your usual fantasy story. They'd rather try to drag it down to the same level of other cliched shounen harem stories when this clearly isn't the case.

The stupid thing is that you are sensationalizing information from spoilers when, judging from the way you worded things, it comes off that you didn't understand the context in the first place or chose to purposely ignore it.

This thread has 60 pages. I'm sure one of the posts in the previous pages might have already mentioned that. It doesn't even take much effort to look.
I really, really like that work. Read the first volume and into the second volume. It seems like another classic politics/tactical based light novel. Na@om likes it enough to put it in his signature.

Btw, Archmirage. You probably should have mentioned why they got in the same room or even more importantly, the scene at the docks. It'll give the boat scene more context. It isn't as blatantly dumb why Olga and Tigre are paired together in a room.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 01:53   Link #1196
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I really, really like that work. Read the first volume and into the second volume. It seems like another classic politics/tactical based light novel. Na@om likes it enough to put it in his signature.
The author for 落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国 is 舞阪洸, the same one behind ガブリエラ戦記 which also has politics/strategy as its selling point. The author even includes a glossary for army formations and war machines at the end of ガブリエラ戦記's volumes, so I'm not surprised that he's taking that same level of depth and detail into 落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国 (which is a good thing for MF Bunko I suppose).

Though, I doubt any "reader" would pay attention to the politics if they're unable to get past the colorful titties of the cover pages. Both for 魔弾の王と戦姫, and from the looks of things, 落ちてきた龍王と滅びゆく魔女の国 too (if it ever gets popular enough).

Quote:
Btw, Archmirage. You probably should have mentioned why they got in the same room or even more importantly, the scene at the docks. It'll give the boat scene more context. It isn't as blatantly dumb why Olga and Tigre are paired together in a room.
Given that he trivializes the story with his spoilers by "cutting out the flavor text" (which is what makes up the majority of the story) in order to prop up the comedy bits (which are actually in just as an actual treat to the fans), meh.
Old 2013-03-13, 08:22   Link #1197
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Hemisphere, How much of a JACKASS AND ASSHOLE CAN YOU BE????

Quote:
There is nothing about sensitization. Someone asked about the nightmare, and I expanded so some fan can know about the scene (Yes, is a candy scene without plot, so what? I had two minutes between the next SCII mission). Nothing more, nothing less. I was doing a full summary, surely you read the part I did between starcraft loading and I would had came back later with a full text of the chapter.

Quote:
Given that he trivializes the story with his spoilers by "cutting out the flavor text" (which is what makes up the majority of the story) in order to prop up the comedy bits (which are actually in just as an actual treat to the fans), meh.
Hemisphere is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
I at least do things like try to get all the events out in chronological order, not like YOU with your even more garbage spoiler which are just random events, or you saying "OMG THIS HAPPENED SOPHIA's SCENE WITH THE PRINCE IS SO CHILLING" and everyone could only guess what the FUCK you were talking about, or "OMG THE PRINCE IS SO EVIL" without any context at all.

YES, I cut off the flavor text, but having Tigre walking across the land and gazing at apple trees or 6-7 adjective on how sick Alexrandra is, those details are beyond the scope of a SUMMARY. Also, where did you write them in yours? So stop bitching and put up or shut up.

P.S I was going to wrap up chapter 2 today during lunch at the office, and link up the whole chain of events, but since you are such a great native reader of Japanese, why don't you translate the whole thing and show us how much of a better man you are?

Otherwise, FUCK OFF.

Edit: You may be the first guy who made me lose civility on a internet forum. Congrats.

Last edited by ArchmageXin; 2013-03-13 at 08:32.
Old 2013-03-13, 09:09   Link #1198
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yes, I suppose I never tried putting out spoilers or summaries for this series so I don't deserve to comment. God knows checking the first few pages of this thread results in nothing but me merely hyping on and on about this series. What garbage I post!

My Japanese is faulty. But I presented this series with equal context; both lovecom moments, and of the plot itself hand-in-hand, to the best of my effort and comprehension just because I have so much passion for this series. Why the hostility when, in all of two posts, what I pointed out was essentially the same thing as what whsie said; that you took away the context from those scenes?

Summaries are never fun to make. They require a lot of effort just to try to wrap several pages worth of story into a few lines. If anyone could just take lines from spoilers and present them without, or out of context, then wow, I guess I wasted a lot of hours myself. I'll just leave so everyone can enjoy Infinite Vanadistratos in this discussion thread then, seeing as I've contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile compared to your gusto.
Old 2013-03-13, 09:26   Link #1199
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Ok, your spoiler for the earlier volume are better than mine. But then, I wasn't following this thing for all 60 pages. I will give you that.

But You didn't even wait till I finish to pounce on me, saying that I ruined the story for putting "Rom-Com" first.

Guess what? People are allowed to decide what is important or what they like to read first. And nothing prevented you to add the details I missed (My grasp of Chinese has faded over the last 20 years), and I might have missed/misunderstood some of the better power plays/strats. I just took two minutes to let the guys who wanted to hear about the "harem nightmare" because it is easy to understand and harder to mess up.

I was going to add how Olga met Tigre at the ports, what Valentria's dream of Empress, and how things flow together, you could had put up parts I missed after just like you did for chapter 1. But instead of waiting (SEE that message in the end that said "Starcraft loading, ttyl?" You attack me for no good reason.

Seriously, I probably enjoy the politics more than anyone else on this forum, as I you can look back and I discuss with Chanc how feasible various armies can be such as based on details like the Population of Brune capital. But who had to throw the first stone here?

Edit: Actually, an review of what you linked me isn't bad, but they are also disjointed. Yes, Tigre's 2K vs 20K was well detailed and had a lot more substance than anything I will ever put up, but that is not the entire volume. My goals are to present all the events in a story in order. And people with better grasp for details (like you) can flesh out individual events for readers to enjoy. It might not be an translation but it would be the next best thing. But hey, only you, a "passionate" fan can determine what should be revealed to people who can only speak ENGLISH right?

Last edited by ArchmageXin; 2013-03-13 at 09:54.
Old 2013-03-13, 12:43   Link #1200
noobarta

Um guys.....Can we please stop with all the hostility? D:

We all like reading Madan No Ou Vanadis, and Tigre's random moments of stupidity(iono how he's gonna explain what happened with Olga, possibly a new scene with Sophiya after he meets/saves her?) so can we all just get along?

I appreciate anyone who puts up spoilers about the story, as do a majority of people viewing this thread. _(._.)_

However, keep in mind please. It's their lives and their choices. They're the ones who decide what parts of the story to talk about, whether it's a spoiler or a summary, how the words are framed, and what context to put them in. No one's perfect and we shouldn't nitpick what they post. Just be glad for what you get and move along while enjoying the story. If they repost a part that was already spoiled in the story then just consider it as another viewpoint or opinion of that scene.

I admit that some people are judgmental about this series because of the picture, even I was one of them, but ultimately those that stick around are those who truly enjoy the story.

Those that stay are the ones who enjoy reading about the hidden politics, gory yet enthralling battles, array of tactics, tidbits of romance, and utter randomness that envelops this story at times XD

So...can we please all just get along....? D:

Anyone who does will get a lifesized bear plushy personally made by Teita~!!
Um....just be warned not to cut in front of Lim/Limlisha o_O", I'm not responsible for your life if you do
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)