AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 91 41.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 77 35.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 14.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.91%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-25, 21:29   Link #101
TDRKZ
Asa all the way

the creativity and the way its all narrated by kyon so you get his "*sigh* *sigh* when will this be over wtf is going on" attitude is great. This will go down as a classic ... simple as that.

Perfect amount of fanservice, comedy, and good solid randomness that comes together nicely. Very original in the way its all played out. Animation is clear, music is great. Quick paced ... what else do you want? well other than to chomp down on mikuru's ear yourself.

1000000000 for this ep and for this whole anime... i'm calling it after ep 4... definetly good stuff here no doubt about it.
Old 2006-04-25, 21:58   Link #102
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor
Haruhi doesn't seem like the type who'd get romantically interested in Kyon.

You need to go watch episode 4 again. Haruhi so has the hots for Kyon
Old 2006-04-25, 22:03   Link #103
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
You need to go watch episode 4 again. Haruhi so has the hots for Kyon
I've seen it. There really isn't much there. Are you referring to Haruhi wanting Kyon to bat clean-up?

That really doesn't say much.
Old 2006-04-25, 22:11   Link #104
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I have never seen Haruhi smile the way she smiled at Kyon towards the end of the ep.

Also...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-25, 22:19   Link #105
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Linear Narrative Is Unacceptable To Suzumiya Haurhi!

She Demands Something More Interesting!
Old 2006-04-25, 22:20   Link #106
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Fabulous episode. Couldn't have asked for more.

Just had to make the avatar. I just had to.
Old 2006-04-25, 22:40   Link #107
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Haruhi doesn't seem like the type who'd get romantically interested in Kyon.

Although, maybe in the novels that changes?
"Romantically interested" makes it sound mushy and coy.

It's more like "fiesty & dynamically invloved" if you put kyon & Haruhi together.

As for what happens in the novel concerning them two....
Well you have to read it yourself

All i'll say is that so far, the anime has been 99% faithful to the novel....

Old 2006-04-25, 23:20   Link #108
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
I don't think that in these starting stages there will be ever any romantic development in the series. Though I have to agree that Haruhi does have something with Kyon.

And remember that Haruhi has always been alone; Kyon is her first (that we know of) friend, and it was because of him that she eventually managed to create the SOS Brigade and have some fun. While you might say it's not some sort of romantic development, at the least you have to agree that she sees him differently (even though she doesn't show it).

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-25, 23:32   Link #109
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

well,
No point arguing over the facts.
if you want to know the truth, all they have to do is hope on over to the future/speculation thread, spoiler-tastic, click-whore banzai
Old 2006-04-25, 23:36   Link #110
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Nah. Talking about my expectations for a show would have the same effect in our world as having Haruhi step on a nail.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-04-25, 23:38   Link #111
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
well,
No point arguing over the facts.
if you want to know the truth, all they have to do is hope on over to the future/speculation thread, spoiler-tastic, click-whore banzai
Geez let those who haven't read anything of the novels decide for themselves if the little 'incidents' are hints of something brewing or not Not everyone is spoiler trigger happy you know

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-25, 23:42   Link #112
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
And remember that Haruhi has always been alone; Kyon is her first (that we know of) friend, and it was because of him that she eventually managed to create the SOS Brigade and have some fun. While you might say it's not some sort of romantic development, at the least you have to agree that she sees him differently (even though she doesn't show it).
Agreed, though I've to say that Kyon is really not a friend, rather he is someone Haruhi can tolerate. I suppose that can also be interpreted as a first step toward a romantic relationship.
Old 2006-04-25, 23:42   Link #113
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Geez let those who haven't read anything of the novels decide for themselves if the little 'incidents' are hints of something brewing or not Not everyone is spoiler trigger happy you know
gaah. spoil sports.

*slam his head into the wall*

The truth hurts, when everyones guesses goes complete off course. And then they stick to it. arrggh.

Old 2006-04-25, 23:57   Link #114
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I've seen it. There really isn't much there. Are you referring to Haruhi wanting Kyon to bat clean-up?

That really doesn't say much.
Aside from the part where Haruhi thinks Mikuru would look good with a pony tail, she looks at Kyon, then drops it.

Aside from clean up.

And then finally the part where she agrees with Kyon so long as he's okay with it.

I think she's defintely interested
Old 2006-04-26, 00:11   Link #115
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
gaah. spoil sports.

*slam his head into the wall*

The truth hurts, when everyones guesses goes complete off course. And then they stick to it. arrggh.

If you want to argue with those who 'guess differently', try using the 'evidence' in the episodes already shown to counter them like SoldierOfDarkness did above

I'll add another one:
In the opening theme song which is sung by Haruhi's seiyuu, in the beginning the lyrics say, "I wonder why... I am the one who chose you" If we assume that the song is from Haruhi's prespective, just who has she chosen? Then later on at the line, "Please come with me. Watch me be free as a bird" You have Haruhi appearing then Kyon then both at the same time, almost as if it was Haruhi saying to Kyon to 'come with her'. Then you also have each appearing before the enlarged versions of the other's face. Subliminal much?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-26, 00:20   Link #116
nasheq

this epsiode is teh winn4r cause it has kyon's sister. hotness. kyon's sister + yuki = best episode ever. add rori FTW!11
Old 2006-04-26, 00:25   Link #117
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Aside from the part where Haruhi thinks Mikuru would look good with a pony tail, she looks at Kyon, then drops it.

Aside from clean up.

And then finally the part where she agrees with Kyon so long as he's okay with it.

I think she's defintely interested
I agree, but I think the evidence goes back further. If we look at episode one err two, Haruhi ends up keeping the seat behind kyon. When we take into account Itsuki's comments on why kyon was cleanup hitter in this episode, we can conclude Haruhi wanted to sit behind kyon.

We also have Mikuru's warning about not being nice to her or 'it' will happen again. While we don't know what this "it" she's referring to is, I'd bet it has something to do with Haruhi. Regardless, she seemed very annoyed that kyon was helping Mikuru off the field, and had the same look as when she drops the ponytail later. Of course that might be over analyzing things.
Old 2006-04-26, 00:35   Link #118
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Q. is it me or theres a new character introduced in the beginning of ep.4? im confuse and all and i see Yuki chanting an incantation elsewhere when this new male character mentions something with Kyon. ><. someone care to explain it please?
Old 2006-04-26, 00:37   Link #119
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I agree, but I think the evidence goes back further. If we look at episode one err two, Haruhi ends up keeping the seat behind kyon. When we take into account Itsuki's comments on why kyon was cleanup hitter in this episode, we can conclude Haruhi wanted to sit behind kyon.

We also have Mikuru's warning about not being nice to her or 'it' will happen again. While we don't know what this "it" she's referring to is, I'd bet it has something to do with Haruhi. Regardless, she seemed very annoyed that kyon was helping Mikuru off the field, and had the same look as when she drops the ponytail later. Of course that might be over analyzing things.
I think your on to something, don't forget that she also cut and stopped changing her hair after Kyon comments on it and Itsuki definitely seems to point out that there are no coincidences when comes to Haruhi.

Awesmoe episode anyway, and all hail Haruhi who's even got the animators under her control!
Old 2006-04-26, 00:41   Link #120
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
Q. is it me or theres a new character introduced in the beginning of ep.4? im confuse and all and i see Yuki chanting an incantation elsewhere when this new male character mentions something with Kyon. ><. someone care to explain it please?
yup. well technically episode 04 is actually episode 07.
So we kinda skiped from episode 03 (technically episode 02), so you missed out a whole 04 episodes.

Oh well, Haruhi says episode 05, will be episode 03. so yay. introduce the last member of SOS-dan. Transfer student.