AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-14, 13:58   Link #2381
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Everything you need to know about this episode is right here.

Lonely Housewife Chisaki with Dat Sena body.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:09   Link #2382
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Lonely Housewife Chisaki with Dat Sena body.
LOL NOPE .

No such thing as Buriki in this series.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 14:17   Link #2383
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Okay. Maybe not Sena but Kate.

"Meat" is Takao-level amazing.

I thoroughly enjoyed when she put on her old school outfit. I don't know what's her problem. It's perfect.

The nostalgia of wearing you're old clothes is too strong and that's why NagiAsu gets an award for best visual.

She's the reason the budget goes up.
Old 2014-02-14, 14:25   Link #2384
Birdway
Banned

Want a Kate's pic?

Old 2014-02-14, 15:21   Link #2385
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Don't underestimate Chisaki.

She doesn't realize it, but she's amazing in her own way.
Old 2014-02-14, 15:35   Link #2386
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Wow, those fan-artists are really quick aren't they?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 15:49   Link #2387
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

This episode was great. Frustrated with Chisaki still liking Hikari though, oh my god let's move on please. We're running out of time.

Just wanted to say it makes sense for her to still like him, this is just my own personal frustration lol. She is so stuck in the past it bothers me. That's the point though.
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 17:22   Link #2388
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I have a problem with Tsumugu when he said "I wouldn't let you have her" to Kaname, first, without Kaname he would be sleeping with the fishes and two, Chisaki isn't some kind of property or object, that sounded jerk to me .
Well, he said that in response to Kaname's confession that he thought to let him drown, so I don't think he said it in that way, but to make the point that if Kaname had let him drown he would have been a horrible person. So that statement, as assertive as it was, worked perfectly to make that point and it was said in a wider scope than just the one of a lover. Every good friend of her would have said/done that and I think Tsumugu said it with that meaning, not as a rival of Kaname, but more as friend of Chisaki. Given that he seems to think to have zero chances with her. Even his sentence about him and Chisaki being able now to move on seemed intended as individuals without any romantic implications. More likely whatever it'll be it will. But at least we could move on. Because, despite being poetic, unrequited loves are hard to stand on the long run. And five years are a damn long run if lived under the same roof.

On the matter I'm with Triple_r, unrequited loves are painful. And even if it could not affect other aspects of your life surely it affects completely one aspect at least. The love one. Because it cut off every possibility to love being loved. So ultimately any chance to be really happy. For this reason you have/had to move on. For grant you a chance. One chance on a million? Better than zero chances.
And speaking of Chisaki, her reaction to her nurse outfit didn't sound right to me, she could care the less. If we compare it to her wearing her old school uniform to me it's clear that this situation is affecting her way to live her present. Even letting aside Tsumugu. So I still think (and hope) that one of the points of the show is let it go and grow up.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 19:02   Link #2389
deadite

Anyone find it amusing that parallels are being drawn between Sea God and Hikari?
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 19:40   Link #2390
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Anyone find it amusing that parallels are being drawn between Sea God and Hikari?
You can make a land version with Tsumugu as the Earth God(lol), Chisaki as the wife loving the earth(sea version) but having to stay in the earth as the wife of the god and unable to be happy because he loves another guy(Hikari) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Every good friend of her would have said/done that and I think Tsumugu said it with that meaning, not as a rival of Kaname, but more as friend of Chisaki. Given that he seems to think to have zero chances with her. Even his sentence about him and Chisaki being able now to move on seemed intended as individuals without any romantic implications. More likely whatever it'll be it will. But at least we could move on. Because, despite being poetic, unrequited loves are hard to stand on the long run. And five years are a damn long run if lived under the same roof.
Well, Tsumugu might have and advantage because of those 5 years but he is nothing compared to the bright light that is Hikari, the guy can make her feel happy and comfortable as ever despite she knows she has no chances of being loved back .

With that much character having unrequited love I wonder if Tsumugu will have his dose.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 19:45   Link #2391
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't quite understand this notion that you can switch off your feelings like a light switch. "What's the point of loving someone if they don't love you back?" has to be one of the most off-point statements I've seen yet. In the first place, you love who you love. In the second place, very occasionally something happens to make the other person realize they do love you back (as happened with Manaka and Hikari). Third, and most relevant here, even if the love is hopeless you can't move on with your life by denying it exists - you have to accept it, embrace the pain, and then figure out what to do next. And that's what I see happening with Chisaki here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 19:58   Link #2392
Miraluka
Banned

So you think ena is dirty and makes things difficult to clean afterschool? Let's hear Hikari's opinion:

Kaname is unexpectedly strong.

Images
Crack pair 1
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
No that farfectched crack pair 2

Images
I don't get the joke about this one

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 20:16   Link #2393
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Images
I don't get the joke about this one
It's a new meme.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 20:31   Link #2394
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Here's another one.

Spoiler for random examples:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-02-14 at 20:44.
Old 2014-02-14, 20:45   Link #2395
Birdway
Banned

It's been long, pedobear-sama!!!

Captain A. is IM's bitch? loooooool

Quote:
In war, any hole is trench.
[/images]
Now Tsumugu netorares the last chance(if there ever was) of Sayu getting Kaname

People don't care about Chisaki anymore?
Old 2014-02-14, 22:05   Link #2396
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Is it derailing those things around Chisaki?
There's a good chance of it happening if she doesn't get over Hikari soon.

Quote:
Chisaki isn't doing that though.
How do you know she isn't getting overly influenced by nostalgia?

Quote:
She didn't say she wants to have Hikari, she just come to a realization about what he likes from Hikari,
Chisaki knew 5 years ago what she likes about Hikari. Nothing has changed there.

Quote:
No, personally I don't think of them as 'lost' but as having different 'importance', some get more and others not.
Sorry, but you're simply wrong on this point. You do not get to keep your teenage body. You do not get to stay in middle school or high school your entire life. You do not get to freeze time in one particular spot, and have it stay there forever (which, in fact, is something that Chisaki has openly wished for before - a troubling sign, in my view). These are some things that are concretely lost as people age. Period, end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
That's assuming this is trying to be an aesop preaching said message
I don't think it's going to be, given by Mari Okada's previous works
Mari Okada's previous works have plenty of characters that faced unrequited love and moved on from it. Those that failed to do so tended to come across as sad, if not downright tragic, figures. The message is clear - Either you conquer your unrequited love, or it will conquer you.

Quote:
Kaname, Miuna, Sayu are doomed to unrequited love.
Doesn't your own choice of words here tell you something? "Doomed" is a bad thing, is it not?

Quote:
As Guardian Enzo said, I think the show wants to say that the heart wants what the heart wants. And the heart is stubborn.
So do you think the show is saying that its impossible for people to get over unrequited love?

Because if so, that's an absolutely horrible message to be sending, in my view.

Personally, I think it's a much better and more healthy message to say that people should try to get over unrequited love, because if they don't, "doom" may await them (your own choice of words).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't quite understand this notion that you can switch off your feelings like a light switch.
Yeah, because accomplishing something over 5 years is exactly the same as turning off a light switch...

Quote:
"What's the point of loving someone if they don't love you back?" has to be one of the most off-point statements I've seen yet.
No, it's not. It's a perfectly valid question. Do you still love every girl you had a crush on in high school? I had crushes on a few different girls in high school, most of which being unrequited. One particular one did in fact cause me a lot of grief, and getting over it was something I absolutely had to do.
Old 2014-02-14, 22:11   Link #2397
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So your argument is that because Hikari was missing and presumed asleep, Chisaki should have used that time as an opportunity to stop loving him because... it would have been convenient?
Old 2014-02-14, 22:19   Link #2398
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So your argument is that because Hikari was missing and presumed asleep, Chisaki should have used that time as an opportunity to stop loving him because... it would have been convenient?
I'm saying that she has a problem. I'm saying that her feelings for Hikari are not good for her if she can't get over them, to at least some degree.

And I do feel like Chisaki is too focused on her past, and doesn't appreciate enough what she has in the here and now. I'm hoping that she changes in this regard, for her own sake.
Old 2014-02-14, 22:19   Link #2399
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
There's a good chance of it happening if she doesn't get over Hikari soon.
You're just being pessismistic there.

Quote:
How do you know she isn't getting overly influenced by nostalgia?
Because she isn't projecting herself or pushing situations that will show that (page back there is a comparison using Mikazuki Yozora from Haganai who has that problem).

Quote:
Chisaki knew 5 years ago what she likes about Hikari. Nothing has changed there.
She isn't pained by it anymore unlike before the time skip. Now she even looks relieved.

Quote:
Sorry, but you're simply wrong on this point. You do not get to keep your teenage body. You do not get to stay in middle school or high school your entire life. You do not get to freeze time in one particular spot, and have it stay there forever (which, in fact, is something that Chisaki has openly wished for before - a troubling sign, in my view). These are some things that are concretely lost as people age. Period, end of story.
Eh? Did we got to perceive something different?e I said it before already, Time doesn't goes backwards and what people needs is get used to the new rythm of life. You're going too material, my point is more about what they feel and how they act against those feels.

Quote:

So do you think the show is saying that its impossible for people to get over unrequited love?

Because if so, that's an absolutely horrible message to be sending, in my view.

Personally, I think it's a much better and more healthy message to say that people should try to get over unrequited love, because if they don't, "doom" may await them (your own choice of words).
Maybe that's what you want but isn't what the shows is telling, the message is clear, with love comes pain, with time comes change, whether how the characters handle it is up to the writing of the show.

Quote:
Yeah, because accomplishing something over 5 years is exactly the same as turning off a light switch...
Nobody did accomplish anything though.

Quote:
No, it's not. It's a perfectly valid question. Do you still love every girl you had a crush on in high school? I had crushes on a few different girls in high school, most of which being unrequited. One particular one did in fact cause me a lot of grief, and getting over it was something I absolutely had to do.
Was it easy for you?

Did you take your time or not?

Whatever your answer is think first this: not everyone behaves the same way.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 22:47   Link #2400
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm saying that she has a problem. I'm saying that her feelings for Hikari are not good for her if she can't get over them, to at least some degree.

And I do feel like Chisaki is too focused on her past, and doesn't appreciate enough what she has in the here and now. I'm hoping that she changes in this regard, for her own sake.
In the first place, I think it's pretty clear in the context of the series that we're not supposed to take Chisaki's feelings for Hikari as just some schoolgirl crush. She's known him all her life - she knows pretty much everything about him, and she loves him. It's not convenient, but it's a fact.

Again, I'm mystified by the notion that we can simply stop loving someone because it's inconvenient. And it seems paired with what I see as an equally strange idea, that we have to stop loving one person before we can start loving someone else. I do think it's possible to come to love someone despite having lingering love for someone else - the point isn't to toss aside that love like a used tissue, but to understand it and to accept that it's not going to lead to a relationship.

That said, it's equally unrealistic to think that Chisaki should now fall in love with Tsumugu because that is convenient. It seems to me that after living with him for five years - five hormonally-charged and emotionally fragile years - if that was going to happen it would have happened already. But if there is any chance of it, it wouldn't be until after Chisaki comes to terms with (not tosses aside) her feelings for Hikari.

Lastly, I also find some of this criticism of Chisaki for clinging to the past kind of silly. It's not as if she's an old maid, some spinster living in a tiny apartment with newspapers stacked to the ceiling and 25 cats. She's still a teenager - she has plenty of time to fall in love again. It was impossible for her to move on with Hikari missing, condition unknown - now that he's back, she's slowly and painfully coming to terms with the sad reality of their situation. What in the world is wrong with that?

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2014-02-14 at 23:22.

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen